Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite places in nature

Hashi

Underneath the sea

Somewhere far away from the human world, beautiful and tranquil, breathing under the softing water, floating in the curious sight.

No more greed, no more despair is needed, no more ignorance in this unknown paradise.

My heart will finally rest in peace.

I will stay there , forever.

Edited by Monsieur Noel
  • Brohoof 3

Mountainous areas are really cool and make me think just how small we really are in this world.

Others are the ocean, just looking out into nothing is oddly relaxing, same with looking out at the stars.

Puts things in perspective. 

• Brohoof 2

Up a mountain. Nothing else but the sound of the wind as company. The feeling of being on top of everything and feeling free. Nothing else beats it, especially if you've just conquered a peak you've been aiming for :D 

• Brohoof 3

I think, of all the places I've lived in my life, Mendocino, California, had to be my absolute favorite. On the one hand, there was the beautiful Pacific ocean. On the other, a drive a few miles inland up hwy 20 east or 101 north would take me into Redwood forests. I lived there for several years, first on Redwood Avenue in Fort Bragg then outside of town renting a house on private land. That second place I loved the most. It was quiet and peaceful and, best of all, thirty feet behind my house was the border to ten miles of State Park.

To me, spring and autumn were the best times because, in the early spring, when it was still raining, I could go out into the woods mushrooming and find all kinds of wonderful, edible musrhooms.

In late August, early September I could grab a bucket and harvest wild blackberries from the bushes that grew all over the place, there. There was never a time when I didn't come back with at least ten pounds of blackberries!

I miss it.

Elk-Aerial-2.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I've always had dreams about beautiful valleys with big lakes, and since then, I've wanted to travel until I find that place.

Here's what it sort of looks like.

CCVA-ZIBLOCNE-GALERIE2-0012%5B1%5D.jpg

And I totally wouldn't complain if there was some snow, either.

One time I went hiking with some friends, and we found a valley almost just like my dreams. It was gorgeous.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

My favorite is anything by a body of water. It can be any body of water, but the larger the better. I always feel a deep, spiritual tranquility around bodies of water, when it's raining, or even to a lesser extent when I just think about them. I love and appreciate many beautiful and amazing things in both the natural and the man-made world, but water evokes a very unique feeling within me that most other things do not, at least not in the same exact way. 

It's difficult to explain, but I have this inexplicable feeling of being "home" when I'm around water.

• Brohoof 1

Mountains, hills, valleys, lakes.....what I wouldn't give to see those sights and walk those grounds in person :( It would truly be the best blessing God could give me -_-

• Brohoof 1

The mountains, alpine meadows, lush old growth forests, mountain peaks, mountain streams, and lakes.

Some photos I took on my hikes last year:

Cascade Pass, North Cascades National Park, Washington.115619734.jpg

Misty View Below Burroughs Mountain, Mount Rainier National Park, Washington.

111060741.jpg

Quartz Creek Trail, Gifford Pinchot National Forest, Washington

109104700.jpg

Bird Creek Meadows, Mount Adams Recreation Area, Washington.115619809.jpg

More photos: Panoramio

Edited by FluttershyIsMagic
  • Brohoof 2

mountains. steep rocky mountains make me feel at home. i grew up being able to look at this anytime i turned towards the east, so i guess it makes sense.

1280px-MountLamborn.jpg

there's also something about pine forests. standing under a huge blue spruce, the wind sighing through the boughs...

the tundra above treeline on some mountains also brings this feeling. to be so high above most of the world, higher even than trees can survive, it gives a sense of solitude.

• Brohoof 2

I love the woods; it's such a calm and peaceful place to be in. Also, I would love to visit a savannah or grasslands. The pictures I've seen look spectacular!

• Brohoof 1

Not a real big fan of wide open spaces, I like to at least have trees and hills. I feel exposed otherwise.

But I like forests,mountains, hills, etc.

ev9pXXP.jpg

F6Pkpyz.jpg

• Brohoof 3

• 5 years later...
On 1/19/2015 at 4:36 PM, Dark Horse said:

Also, it's full of Deer

Yea, that deer looks pretty! ;)

My favorite place is about 3 klicks away from my house, to the northeast. There is a meadow with a perfect sun and breeze layout! :Daydreaming: I can stand there for hours at perfect weather condition

TREEEEES!!!!!! I love climbing them or just walking or running or sitting in the forest. Just having trees around feels so amazing! And I live in Maine so there's a lot of them. I'd rather live in a jungle though cause there's more food there and it's bigger and less corrupted by humans who don't know what the fuck it means to live and just destroy everything around them.

• 1 year later...

The west coast of Norway is, to date, the prettiest place I've ever been. Alpine Europe (Switzerland/Austria/parts of Bavaria/etc) is a close second.

I basically just love mountains, forests and water - and the aforementioned two have an abundance of these.