Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would feel about Rarity if/when she breaks Spike's heart?

hironakamura

Posted Image

Okay, so, title is a little cruel for both characters involved. It would make Rarity look like a real flank hole for taking advantage of and toying with Spike's feelings to get him to do manual labor for her or to take stuff from him. At the same time, Spike is a kind, generous and selfless little guy that I personally couldn't stand to see heart broken because he doesn't deserve it especially because of the stuff Rarity (and the other ponies) puts him through.

I'm not saying its true or inevitable. I'm saying its not impossible. If Rarity really doesn't like Spike back then she's a douche for keeping it ambiguous. Plus Spike's not stupid. He'll figure it out eventually and I can imagine it would be an unpleasant experience for him.

• Brohoof 10

(edited)

I think Rarity in a way already attempted to let Spike down easy when she shh'd him when he was confessing while falling out of the sky in Secret of My Excess.

There were no words so it wasn't clear cut definitive. All we saw were two characters smiling happily at each other. If she did try then it was ambiguous. What if Spike got the wrong message?

But the question is "How would you feel about Rarity if/when she causes Spike heart ache?"

Spike gave Rarity a fire ruby because he loves Rarity. If Rarity is never gonna reciprocate those feelings, shouldn't she give the ruby back at least? This is why a lot of fans think she took advantage of Spike.

Edited by hironakamura

We already knew Rarity was kind of a, erm, "seductress". There was one episode in which she cooerced Spike into giving her a fire ruby, and a more recent one where she seduced a colt into handing over some asparagus. Even though that time it was for Fluttershy, that doesn't change the fact that it was manipulation. So to be honest, I really wouldn't be surprised.

Rarity has never been one of my top ponies actually, with her being manipulative and using spike quite a bit (in my opinion). In season one she had him dig up gems with her and he only really got one, and in another episode she used him as a pin cushion. She's going to end up breaking Spikes little baby dragon heart and I just know it, and it will crush Spike. But then again we may be wrong all along and she likes him just as much as he likes her.

We already knew Rarity was kind of a, erm, "seductress". There was one episode in which she cooerced Spike into giving her a fire ruby, and a more recent one where she seduced a colt into handing over some asparagus. Even though that time it was for Fluttershy, that doesn't change the fact that it was manipulation. So to be honest, I really wouldn't be surprised.

There was also the time where she got two stallions to pull the carriage to the gala or the time with the red dragon in the mountain.

So some fans view Rarity as naturally manipulative and self serving. Almost borderline villainous who does not feel guilt if her manipulations would hurt someone. Its only your opinion. I understand.

Rarity has never been one of my top ponies actually, with her being manipulative and using spike quite a bit (in my opinion). In season one she had him dig up gems with her and he only really got one, and in another episode she used him as a pin cushion. She's going to end up breaking Spikes little baby dragon heart and I just know it, and it will crush Spike. But then again we may be wrong all along and she likes him just as much as he likes her.

Spike and Rarity are two of my favorite characters on the show because they're such multi-layered characters. But if Rarity really is just using Spike for her own benefit, then I will hate her and I don't think there's anything she could do on screen for me to like her again. My opinion.

My feelings for Rarity wouldn't change. Spike is just a baby dragon after all.

Even if he cant have Rarity or vise-versa...he can still try for Sweetie Belle...

I don't mind Sweetie Belle. She is my favorite CmC. But is it really okay to let Rarity continue to deceive Spike? Shouldn't she tell him already instead of getting/keeping his hopes up?

How do you think Twilight (and the other ponies) would react to Rarity after she finds out Rarity was only using Spike to dig gems and get other favors from him?

I don't mind Sweetie Belle. She is my favorite CmC. But is it really okay to let Rarity continue to deceive Spike? Shouldn't she tell him already instead of getting/keeping his hopes up?

How do you think Twilight (and the other ponies) would react to Rarity after she finds out Rarity was only using Spike to dig gems and get other favors from him?

There's no definitive proof that she is doing that though.

(edited)

There's no definitive proof that she is doing that though.

I'm not saying its true or inevitable. I'm saying its not impossible.

And if anyone's wondering, its just fanfic related research.

Edited by hironakamura

I think Rarity in a way already attempted to let Spike down easy when she shh'd him when he was confessing while falling out of the sky in Secret of My Excess.

This, essentially. Since "The Secret of My Excess", their budding romance has been noticably downplayed.

We already knew Rarity was kind of a, erm, "seductress".

She's an evil enchantress / She does evil dances...

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

This, essentially. Since "The Secret of My Excess", their budding romance has been noticably downplayed.

It was never budding. All of the moments that showed Spike had a crush on Rarity were in S1 episodes and they were all one sided gag moments. There are little to no mentions of his crush in any S2 episodes other than Secret of My Excess. And even in that episode, it was half mentioned like a well guarded secret because Rarity stopped him from finishing his sentence.

Edited by hironakamura

It was never budding. All of the moments that showed Spike had a crush on Rarity were in S1 episodes and they were all one sided gag moments. There are little to no mentions of his crush in any S2 episodes other than Secret of My Excess. And even in that episode, it was half mentioned like a well guarded secret because Rarity stopped him from finishing his sentence.

"Budding" was an overstatement in the conventional sense; it was budding about as much as this show will allow. It doesn't appear as if the producers or writers really want to tangle with the issue of heartbreak all too seriously. That is why I think they effectively brushed Spike x Rarity under the rug after the aforementioned episode.

Well maybe Spike's anger could be channeled into another adult transformation (a different one) that'd be interesting to see, then he'd eventually have to learn to control it

That being said I'd feel bad for Spike and I'd be pissed at Rarity for a while then I'd get over it

If someone has an obsessive crush on you and you don't like them back,

that makes you a bad person.

What is logic?

~

I think the claim being made is that Rarity has taken advantage of Spike's feelings for the sake of personal convenience, knowing full well she won't reciprocate his romantic interests.

If someone has an obsessive crush on you and you don't like them back,

that makes you a bad person.

What is logic?

~

Its alright if you don't like the other person back as long as you're clear about it and that the other person understands. But if someone likes you and you take advantage of those feelings, that's another subject all together.

• Brohoof 1

Meh, he'll grow out of it. Dragons and Ponies can't be together, he'll realize sometime.

I agree with this. Spike's love is more just a crush than anything, its not really rational.

• Brohoof 1

Well, considering Rarity's already my least favorite of the main characters, she'd probably be dropped off the list and replaced with... um... I dunno, Diamond Tiara (jeez I hate her), if she were to mess with Spike.