Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports What sports did you play when you were younger?

MysticShine

I played tennis for about 7 years. It was pretty fun.  :squee:

I was in a Basketball camp when I was 5, but I wasn't in there for that long.

I took Tai Kown Do when I was 7 for 2 months. 

Yeah I wasn't a sports person growing up, mostly because I hated losing.

Played a bit of basketball in middle school although I was completely terrible at it. I never was into sports when I was younger.

My parents made me play softball, which I hated.  I was terrified of the ball because of a few traumatizing times when I got hit square in the face by it, so I was pretty much the worst player ever.  The last time I played was in Freshman year of High School.  I didn't want to do it, but my sister wanted to quit and mom wouldn't let her, so I replaced her on the team.  Still hated it, but I do love batting.  Even now I wouldn't mind stepping inside a batting cage as long as the speed is kinda low.

• 9 months later...

I was really into soccer when I was a kid. I still have the trophy my team won for winning the championship of that game. I was defense because I didn't have the stamina for offense, but I did a pretty good job at keeping the ball away from the goalie.

I also used to play badminton. It was a lot of fun and I was pretty good at it. I won a doubles match with a friend against the class bullies in grade 3 to get them to stop picking on us. Good memories. Now though, my main sport is golf. It's better than nothing I suppose, plus it can be a lot of fun when you hit well.

I used to play football (soccer) as a kid at least twice a week. I was a half decent midfielder until I picked up an injury.. after that I lost interest with playing. Nowadays I just stick to watching and find other means of keeping in shape.

Candy Land, Hungry Hungry Hippos, and Mousetrap (it's a crazy contraption).

I was never on a school team, and I was always picked last for anything during P.E.  I was semi-decent at basketball free throws at some point, but I wasn't competent enough a player to even dribble the ball across the court.

When I was in 2nd and 3rd grade, I played softball. My parents had all of my other siblings play it, too. I remember our team name was The Indians and the mascot's face was this crazy-looking cartoony indian guy. 

I don't remember if I was good at the sport or not.

...Probably not.

:lol:

In Grade 3 to 6, I was like a Volleyball FREAK. I would join the team and sometimes even watch tournaments, that's slowly started to change after a while.

I hated sports, but my parents insisted that I play. I've played soccer, football, baseball, and basketball from kindergarten up until 8th grade. I was ineligible once high school started, so no more extracurricular activities for me (sucks, because I really miss speech class).