Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler CMC Fallout. It has been foreshadowed.

ManaMinori

Yeah, I think they've been teasing too much about AB getting her cutie mark

Wait seriously? The writers have been teasing too much about Apple Bloom getting her cutie mark, honestly? If she gets it, thats means this could be the end of the Cutie Mark Crusaders we knew, right?

What if the CMC all received their Cutey Marks in season FOUR? What if they each thought they were the only one to get theirs, so they hid them for fear of it ruining their friendship?  We could have a flashback episode, where they each admit to the others when and where they got their Cutey marks.

• Brohoof 1

What about when applebloom faked getting her cutie mark though, they didn't have a fallout. Though not to say it could be different with one of the others getting theirs and not applebloom. Just saying, it might be possibly they don't, but we don't really know at this point I guess. Guess it could go either way depending on what the writers go with it.

What if the CMC all received their Cutey Marks in season FOUR? What if they each thought they were the only one to get theirs, so they hid them for fear of it ruining their friendship?  We could have a flashback episode, where they each admit to the others when and where they got their Cutey marks.

Could be interesting.... It sounds like it has potential, but when applebloom faked her cutie mark she didn't hide it, but it could have been just cuz it was fake.

The CMCs are 3 of the 4 Horses of the Ponyocalypse.  I daresay the ponies of Ponyville will be glad to see the end of their reign of terror.

I'd miss them but I don't have to live through the destruction they cause.

Honestly, them getting their cutie marks is something that's been a long time coming. Them obsessing over their cutie marks was never a very intriguing or interesting plotline, and they have personalities beyond that (well, Applebloom is still pretty weak, but scoots and Sweetie are very rich past the CMC aspect). Season 3 onward has shown that they very much CAN carry plots about who they are themselves without a mention of a cutie mark, as episodes like Sleepless in ponyville and For whom the sweetie belle tolls shows.

I really hope they do that this season. And I don't think their friendship will suffer in the least.

I find this interesting, though, I was disappointed when i found out the scene with sweetie bell about to sing infront of vinyl, octavia and rarity, was just a dream :/

but it seems like their friendship currently rests on the fact they dont have cutie marks, though by the end of this past episode, i feel like they will become better friends

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Even since Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle's voices are changing due to puberty, I think it's time for Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle to get new voice actors who can sing and act very well except for Michelle Creber. Just like FUNimation did with Maxey Whitehead as the new Al on the 2009 Fullmetal Alchemist anime, Am I right?

Since everyone's predicting that the Cutie Mark Magic theme of season 5 will involve the CMC getting their cutie marks at some point, which I can't necessarily blame anyone for thinking that, with a season 5 synopsis like this:

I'm just going to say that is the CMC do get their marks and it effects the friendships of those around them (coughtheotherCMCcough), there will likely be a falling out. Why? It's been foreshadowed. Anyone remember waaaaaaaay way way way back in season 1; a little episode called "Call of the Cutie". Apple Bloom was once friends with a pony named Twist, and immediately after Twist got her cutie mark, they stopped being friends. Stopped talking to each other, stopped being seen together. Everything fell apart, and Apple Bloom got herself new friends- Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

Foreshadowing.

So yeah, it's gonna happen. Again. If somepony else gets their cutie mark before Apple Bloom, then likely, it'll impact the friendship enough to have her pack her bags and look for new friends that are blank flanks like her. And with the experience she's had in the past, if she gets her cutie mark first, the outcome will still probably be the same, with her moving on and finding new friends that have cutie marks, if Scoots and Sweetie don't get them, because that's what she's accustomed to, apparently.

I'm hoping that because they have spent so much time pursuing thier cutie marks together that they would all get theirs fairly close together and they would somehow be linked by them.  A good point of tension would be on of the CMC (most likely sweetie bell) wondering if her friends will not be there anymore when she gets hers.  Just a thought

This is happening this year, mark (heh) my words.

Heavy Season Five speculation below

And to your point regarding Apple Bloom's concerns OP, stay tuned for Saturday's episode. I have a feeling that they may present her anxiety over getting the cutie mark last or before her friends. Enter Luna. :please:

There is a singing competition episode with Sweetie Belle being judged by Rarity, Vinyl, and Octavia. Diamond Tiara gets a song this season so this is likely present here and may be the foil that makes SB realize that it is her love for music and not wanting to defeat a rival that is important that earns her CM. It is assumed SB will have a music themed mark. Coincidence?

JT himself said that this is the season that something they have built up for years will finally be shown. The only non head canon thing that they have not shown and referenced constantly are Starswirl the Bearded and ... the CMC Cutie Marks.  

Starlight Glimmer is still out there ... the connection is too juicy for the writers to pass up. 

I'm completely content either way ... if it happens or not. Though I think its finally going to happen. CMC will always be the CMC with or without their special talent known.

Sweetie Belle gets on the singing competition and gets her Cutie Mark but because she wants to stay blank flank until her friends gets theirs she asks Starlight Glimmer to store her Cutie Mark until the other two get theirs and Starlight Glimmer realizes her purpose and will feel relieved for finding a use for her talent and the spell she has been working on so long paid off and Starlight Glimmer gets reformed.

CMC are friends because they have something in common being blank flanks. Once Cutie Marks comes into play, they have to redefine their friendship. They have issues and Starlight Glimmer offers to take away their Cutie Marks to give them back their previous lifestyle. 

Their friendship is a little bit deeper than what picture is, or is not, on their butts.  I have a little more faith in them than that.

Also, I've always thought that they should get their marks at the end of the movie, and that should be the last official, FIM canon thing we ever see.

I'll say this (and I think some people might have suggested this already, but I haven't read this topic in awhile). 

If they do indeed get their Cutie Marks, here's a way that it can work.  They could devote their group to helping other fillies get their Cutie Marks.  This would put them in a leadership role, much like how the mane 6 are in a leadership role now. 

I think that would be a much better alternative to forcing an end to the series soon after the CMCs meet their goal.

(edited)

Here is another post CMC theory.

After they got their Cutie Marks, they travel to Canterlot to meet Princess Celestia. Celestia tells them that they hold the missing 7th element of harmony which is Friendship. So with that element they would meet in Twilight's castle with the Mane 6 and continue to solve Friendship problems.

Edited by superdogz1999

(edited)

Here is another post CMC theory.

After they got their Cutie Marks, they travel to Canterlot to meet Princess Celestia. Celestia tells them that they hold the missing 7th element of harmony which is Friendship. So with that element they would meet in Twilight's castle with the Mane 6 and continue to solve Friendship problems.

Twilight's element is Magic.

Friendship is literally Magic in MLP.

Twilight is the Princess of Friendship.

Therefore Twilight's element encompasses the concept of friendship as a whole.

And I really don't think there's going to be any new elements in the future of this show.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight's element is Magic.

Friendship is literally Magic in MLP.

Twilight is the Princess of Friendship.

Therefore Twilight's element encompasses the concept of friendship as a whole.

And I really don't think there's going to be any new elements in the future of this show.

Pretty much this. Twilight is the princess of Friendship/Magic, and Friendship is Magic. I mean, it's literally the title.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it looks like the CMC won't be getting their marks according to Claire Corlett, she said that she would never want to see them get their cutie marks, well she DID say that at Bronycon 2014...If so, then they will be teased by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon for a very long time like almost forever...I kinda do wanna see that...I liked them as "Forever Blank Flanks" though.