gaming What is the OLDEST video game console you've played/owned?

Mrain901

Looking in my basement I found that my family still has an Atari 2600, which I used to play as a kid (and I'm 15 xD) before we got some more current consoles. And to my surprise, one game called Adventure is actually really fun. We also have a Sega Genesis, but the controllers barely work and the only good game we have is Sonic 2. Does anyone else have some old consoles, or have they played on any?

• Brohoof 3

Just an original NES. It belong to my sister and introduced me to the madness that was Duck Hunt. Good time with that game...and the little dog, too. Though the oldest console currently still in my possession (and in working order) is my original SNES. Played the heck out of that thing.  :wub:

• Brohoof 3

I played Atari 2600, especially games like Pitfall and Frostbite. That was a time where Activision was a great gaming company.

When it comes to owning one myself, i had a Gameboy, if that counts.

• Brohoof 2

My OC Mesme Rize: >https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mesme-rize-r8777

img-31596-1-img-31596-1-msg-34233-0-90052000-1465262037.jpg

Thank you Randimaxis for this Wonderful Avatar. smile.png

Please, don't be afraid to talk to me. I am not as unapproachable, as you might think.

I still have a Dreamcast  :P That old enough for ya?  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

boop.png

---< Fanfic Writer, Music Maker, Film Director and Voice Actor  >---

Don't expect anything incredible though! :D

A friend's NES. I remember back in grade 8 at some kind of school event. People were playing halo 2, smash bros and guitar hero, but tetris on a small 4x3 TV set was where the real epic battles were happening :P

The oldest console I've owned was the SNES. Super Mario Bros was my first game ever.

• Brohoof 1

I think the oldest our family ever owned was a Commodore 64, though I don't know if I ever actually played it (It blew a fuse or something when I was like 3.) The oldest console I still have and remember playing is the Atari 7800, so I guess im a gen or two behind most here with their 2600. Ah well. :P

post-30925-0-43553200-1426556077_thumb.jpg

A little wear and tear over the years sitting in the attic storage space. Still, not looking too bad I think. I wonder if it still works? Shame I lost the plug.. and all the games.

"Psst...Psst (Do your best, even if you don't stand out.)"

"The golden rule is: Think about what you're saying, then don't say it, and then just run away somewhere!"

img-30925-1-img-30925-1-post-8308-0-40154900-1434305791.png

Signature by @Kyoshi

The oldest I've played is a SEGA Master System

The oldest I own is a SEGA Mega Drive (Mark 1, European)

I like my Mega Drive although now I have to play Sonic 1/2/3 on it because I am used to the slower PAL speeds of the system.

(World of Illusion is an amazing game by the way)

Edited by EddG

For me it would be the NES. Of course I obtained it as a Christmas gift at a younger age, but it still works.

I've been told I played an Atari, but I have no memories of it...  :(

• Brohoof 1

0C974976-AEAC-473F-A904-E17FE9F80486.png
Pathfinder I Sojourner I CorsairZu'hra I Autumn | Scarlet Willow | Gypsy | Silverthorn | Crystal Whisper | Radiant Historia | And many other OCs~
Matching signatures with mah Bestie MOONLIGHT <3

The Gameboy Advance. I have fond memories of playing Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising and The Hobbit on that.

MLPFSignature.png.59d9585b08bc894da6c58dade70c9bab.png

My parents have an Atari of some type, but I never played it. The oldest I have played is NES. This had to have been well after the SNES came out for me to be able to remember it, but it is the first I remember playing.

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!