Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you call yourself a brony, a pegasister, or a fan, & why?

BritishBrony2012

Even though I like mlp, among many other things, I don't feel like labeling myself under any name. People call me by many names, but on a personal level, it's more like I AM.

Like being plentiful inside, you don't feel the need to wear showy clothes or accessories, nor to put up with noisy personalities to fill up some lacking sensation inside. It's like being natural, spiritual plentiness.

"You don't really know who you're, and everytime you look inside, there's more and more to be found"

Like some unique people you see on the street, they are so simple, yet so very bright and light. Natural and pleasantly magnetic people. Sometimes, people with low esteem will most likely react negatively or nervously towards them.

• Brohoof 1

I understand if people don't agree with my theory, but here is what I think...

To me Bronys (or is it Bronies?) and Pegasisters are a higher stage of fans while fans are the people who like the show slightly and aren't that into it.... I think it is understandable...

So I consider myself as a fan!

• Brohoof 1

Bruh, I am so far in the closet I just found Aslan and the Children of Adam and Eve in Narnia. 

I am a fan, but I will not openly admit it.

• Brohoof 1

Pegasister. I think its cute and my favourite type of pony is a pegasus, too, so its nice. Im not sure about brony because it sort of has negative connontations now, and fan just doesn't cut it.

• Brohoof 1

I'd go with fan of mlp as I have other interests outside of the show although i've sometimes called my self a brony when i've just been lazy to explain specific reasons I like the show XD.

• Brohoof 1

I do consider myself a brony, because aside from watching the show I also write fics and post on this forum and occasionally Ponychan, but I'm nowhere near as involved with the fandom as many others. For instance, I don't have a lot of merchandise and I really don't plan on acquiring it either. I don't watch reviews or analyses of the episodes either because I'm fine with merely formulating my own opinions and deriving a headcanon from it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I call myself a Brony because I never seen a show as good as MLP and I seriously am already looking at convention tickets to purchase. Plus I already have mane 6 plushies and posters.

Edited by OP_WreakablzZ

I call myself a pegasister, because I'm a girl obsessed with the show. I have a bunch of MLP merch. And I watched the show when I was younger. Minty was bae.

I would just say I'm a fan. Just like I'm just a fan of Star Trek and Doctor Who. 

Even though I like mlp, among many other things, I don't feel like labeling myself under any name.

I agree with what these users wrote.I don't like "labels" and I'm not really into the fandom. 

Perhaps the difference between a Fan and a Brony is the level of active participation, in any way. And not only. If you have more interest in the same intensity (some more and some less) is foolish to call themselves by a name that is just one of your interests.

It all depends on what it means "Brony". 

If for "Brony" you intendant one that participates actively in the fandom, writes fanfic, is active in the arts, has a room full of MLP merchandise, goes to some convention .. then I am NOT a Brony. 

If for "Brony" you intendant also the one who simply watch the show and appreciate it, one that does not necessarily collect products MLP (or does not focus only on MLP) or that does not go to conventions and dress with ears, tail (and who knows what else), or that does not begin to sing the songs of the show and things like that ... then in that case I'm a Brony aLSO, but not only Brony, because I like other things with the same "intensity".

I hope I explained myself

• Brohoof 1

This is such a silly debate. The term "brony" has always been "an older fan of My Little Pony". People just like to squeak around the name "brony" to avoid the negatives of being called one, even though they enjoy the show themselves.

Because, in all honesty, if someone walked up to you and said "Are you a brony?", would you reply with "No, I'm just a fan."? No. That would be redundant, because they mean the exact. Same. Thing.

• Brohoof 1

This is such a silly debate. The term "brony" has always been "an older fan of My Little Pony". People just like to squeak around the name "brony" to avoid the negatives of being called one, even though they enjoy the show themselves.

Because, in all honesty, if someone walked up to you and said "Are you a brony?", would you reply with "No, I'm just a fan."? No. That would be redundant, because they mean the exact. Same. Thing.

To be honest that is exactly what I would say. The terms trekie and brony and whovan to me means a fan who would collect tons of things based on the show, dress up, pump out stories and art. (Granted I'm making pony art now but ponies are somewhat easy to draw. No paws and I'm just getting back into art I needed something basic. More of a practice thing.) Plus these hard core fans have things about the show memorized, while I really only recall the few things that hit home in a lot of shows or adorable moments. Perhaps I'll remember something if it references something else I like. But a lot of times I've noticed that when I get into groups of people who are whovans or trekies or bronies. I'm out of the loop because I don't know what they're talking about even though I've watched the same things.

So under the definition that I personly go by I'm a Poke Manic, and probably a FNAFantic if I could get my hand on plushies of those things. I know if Pokemon ever went away I would be devastated to the point I would probably react to it like a death. I like MLP and I enjoy the show but I'm not so sure that I would be that affected. Heck I started to go into a bit of withdrawal when I thought the FNAF series was done with 3. Only thing that was softening the blow is because it would of been a perfect ending to the games. For me it's just how invested I am in something. 

Another example is I love doctor who but because we had to cut off tv and I can't watch it. I miss the show a bit but it isn't the end of the world for me. When it comes to Pokemon I can tell you the typing of every single Pokemon. When it comes to FNAF I can pretty much tell you every single fan theory and how it could still be true or how it was disproven. 

However that is just how I personly see it. It's not like we really need labels anyway we're all fans of the same thing. Just some are bigger fans than others is all. 

(edited)

I don't really care :P Im a male fan of My little pony: Friendship is magic, The most common thing you call male fans of MLP is brony so i just call myself a brony to :comeatus:

(I really wanted to use that emote  :comeatus:  )

Edited by Lemon Stripe
  • Brohoof 2

Because, in all honesty, if someone walked up to you and said "Are you a brony?", would you reply with "No, I'm just a fan."? No.

Actually I've had this very thing happen to me, and that's *exactly* how I responded.

• Brohoof 1

I actually happen to call myself a Regulus. I know, it's hard to believe. But it's true. Anyway...

Quite frankly, I don't really give a crap. Brony or fan, it all means the same thing. There's no reason to get caught up on words like this. These words mean nothing other than whatever the hell you want them to mean.

• 6 years later...