Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Outdoor Summer Activity?

Moonlight

It's starting to warm up a bit around here despite being spring, but what's everyone's favorite summer outdoor activity?

When I say that I don't mean sports such as basketball, football/soccer, and so on. I mean things like bubble blowing, frisbees, put-put, jump rope, hula hoops, hop scotch, chalk drawing, horse shoe, cornhole, you get the point.

Personally I like hula hoops, bubbles, chalk, and basically anything else, summer activities (basically ones you would do in your childhood) are best activities.

Even sitting on the porch enjoying the breeze counts, it is a lovely time after all.

Edited by Wheatley
  • Brohoof 6

I don't know if this really counts as summer activity, but I've always enjoyed just sitting on the porch on a warm day enjoying the breeze. It feels really nice. :muffins:

Skateboarding is fun too, and I always enjoy a nice game of bocce.

Running/racing is a fun thing to do as well. :)

• Brohoof 3

I was going to say marching band, but you took that away... T.T

That's the only thing that could ever get me out in the dreadful summer heat. Since I haven't had that for years, I spend all of my summers inside.

• Brohoof 1

Swimming, by far. Biking would probably be my second favorite, with walking/hiking coming in third place.

• Brohoof 4

I love relaxing by the lake and fishing! There's really nothing better.  :)

I also love to skateboard and longboard around town. But I feel like I'll do it less since I have a car this summer.

• Brohoof 1

When it comes to outdoor dry land activities: I like biking, walking/hiking, visiting amusement parks like Canada's Wonderland (including water parks) and if this counts, road trips to new places.

Water activities: swimming, boating (I have a Boating licence) and water-tubing! Water-tubing is soooooo much fun! :D

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 2

Well, it used to be anything from hiking to biking to swimming in the ocean.  Now it's just getting killed by asteroid sized hail and lightning.  I hate where I live so much.  That's why we're trying to move again.

• Brohoof 3

I like to take a bus or two, ride to a random location, and try to find my way back home. Is it dangerous? Yes, but it's very fulfilling. I always go with my cellphone, a minimum of $10, and a stick. I've had to run for what was most likely my life/innocence, if you know what I mean, but generally people don't bother me. I've had a lot of fun on those adventures c:

• Brohoof 3

I like to ride my bike sometimes, but I'll usually ride it in the evenings since it's way too hot to bike ride for most of the day :P.

I like swimming too; I have to swim inside during most of the year so it's nice when I get to swim outside :). Taking trips to the ocean are especially fun ^_^

• Brohoof 3

Skateboarding is fun too

That would be my go to answer right there :3 skateboarding is my stress reliever. Well also what I do when i have no one to do anything with anyways.

Summer though... so hot and no I love the Fall the best but swimming as well is very nice to do in the Summer.

• Brohoof 3

I love swimming! It's perfect for exercising and just having a good time. I also love to walk, especially after a long, busy day.

• Brohoof 2

I would have to say swimming.

The contrast of the warm sun and the cool water feels wonderful, as long as it is warm enough outside.

Edited by MysteriousGrepper
  • Brohoof 2

Haven't done so in awhile, but tossing a frisbee was always pretty fun (or some unbranded "Flying Disc"). Also, playing catch with those velcro pads and fuzzy tennis balls. Those don't seem to be readily available anymore but I enjoyed those. 

• Brohoof 2

Going swimming has always been a fun past time that I have loved doing ever since I was a little kid.

It's a nice way to cool off during the summer heat and at the public pools I actually get to see people that I know that I wouldn't have seen otherwise during the summer which is also nice.

Plus I have a natural affinity towards the water and love swimming.

• Brohoof 2

Definitely riding my bike outside and grilling burgers, hotdogs and other food outside in the nice weather. It's tough for me to pick though, I like to do a lot of stuff outside when it's nice.

• Brohoof 3

well the only two things I do in summer is play tennis and relax down at the beach (my mum has a beach hut there  :D ) so that covers my outdoor activities  :P

• Brohoof 2