Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tattoos

D1SC0RD

I've thought about getting some ink, but I don't know what I'd get though... 

keep thinking about it! something will come to you. and then think about it extra hard just to be sure  ;)

I never really considered it until I enrolled in a military school. Even now that I transferred the idea didn't loose it's appeal. I've actually considered getting a tattoo of my cutie mark on my shoulder, a sword crossed with a pen.

hello

i always loved tattoos. however, i could never think of something important or meaningful enough to get one. i think about and look at pictures of them a lot, and i finally came up with something that holds significance to me (a compass-- i'll explain if anyone asks). im super excited to get it done asap! the only thing that is a concern would be this stigma that employers have against them, and that im not sure where it would look best on my body.

what are your opinions on tattoos? do you have any? would you get one? where at? 

basically lets just talk about tattoos. feel free to post images if you like

I have a tattoo on my shoulderblade, i love tattoos and plan to get more, they're just very expensive ^^

If you got it somewhere you can conceal with ease then employers shouldn't mind, ive never had an employer concerned about mine.

Just make sure you get something that means something to you whenever you have any done, i knew i wanted this tattoo for a full 3 years before i got it done:

post-7214-0-05377000-1431907308_thumb.jpg

I love tattoos and I wish I could get one or two, but if I did my parents would flip out.

Its your body, im sure they wouldnt mind too much! :P

My mother actually put money towards my tattoo ^^

• 3 years later...

Normally I'd think about getting a tattoo for a long time, because I think tattoos without meaning are kinda stupid, as it would stay with you forever.

I'd like to have Midnight's cutie mark on my left hoof. I've thought about this almost 3 years now.

As much as I love art, I would not want to put any permanent art on my body. No matter how much I love something, I'd consider myself too fickle to carry that same interest years from now. Things change, perspective changes. I may not be the same person in ten years as I am now, and just think of what i might be fifty years from now! No, I don't want to risk being permanently marked with anything that could be potentially fleeting in my interests.

• 2 weeks later...

I think tattoos can look pretty cool, but I don't really see myself getting one, because I'd rather not deal with the pain.

Edited by Cash_In

I love tattoos and I think the hatred for them baffles me.

Nonetheless, the stigma against tattoos is slowly going away. I pray for the day where barring people from employment based upon personal design preference is outlawed. Work should judge only on work ethic, and performance. The fact that people still bar us pastel goths from employment because of how we "look" is absurd. How can you tell how hard someone works by just looking at them?

I would LOVE to get some tattoos!!!  I always wanted to dedicate my left arm to nature-themed tats and my right arm would be primarily nerdy tats.  I was also considering getting my OC's cutie-mark on my hip since it's basically a willow tree.  I wish I could afford getting some tats though.  I mean, why walk around with a blank canvas when you could make it truly yours?  Also, my cousin almost lost his arm but the surgeon was able to reconnect it properly because of his tattoo so I sometimes think that a good tattoo is almost necessary.  That's probably just my line of thinking, sorry that sounds weird...  I also wanted to get some done on my back.  I just really want some tattoos!!!

I don't get the stigma towards tattoos, so long as it isn't something too controversial I think they're fine.  I know that some parts of the world connect them with gangs but even gang tattoos can be beautiful.  I don't know, I don't really understand people's problems with tattoos....

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Nah I think they look ugly mostly tbh and even the pretty artsy ones get ugly quickly not to mention the effects they have on the body.

It's not like they have any functional purpose and worse cuz they are hard to remove like why not just get a pen and doodle on urself.

But whatever someone else does with their body is their choice but I wouldn't get any myself, it kinda gives off this sort of energy I do not like as well as the gang association.

While I don't have tattoos I'm definitely going for that viking style. So I have been thinking of getting celtic knots as well the two ravens of Odin would be interesting to have one like this.

Spoiler

odins-ravens-tattoos-guys.jpg.51b5cb84042bce30c0d8520ae21763bf.jpg

• Brohoof 2