Did you like it?  

489 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

My favorite part is the ending with the message, "Everypony is the star of their own story and it's not the main characters in our story that makes life so rich; it's everypony."

• Brohoof 9

I thought the last act really tied everything together in a meaningful way. I enjoy the fanservice and everything, but the themes really become clear during Mayor Mare's speech. I think that made this episode truly something special.

I loved that too. It really unified and justified the whole "focus on everyone doing everything" storytelling approach to the episode, as well as sort of connect to the fandom even there as a way of remarking upon what brought people to the show and how amazing it is that these characters came to life with the fans' imaginations. Just great.

• Brohoof 6

I can't help but wonder just how far Hasbro is gonna take this show now considering they're starting to cater to what the fans want...I mean if they cater to literally everything the fans want they'd have to up the show's rating all the way from Y to XXX...>.>

• Brohoof 1

DAMN RIGHT

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, BECAUSE NEXT WEEK WE HAVE MORE BG PONY

CHOO CHOO!

*hype*

*intensely draws a bg pony hype train pic with lyra and bonbon snogging on the front* YES 

• Brohoof 2

Now that the background ponies talk in this episode, and it includes Matilda's appearance like we did at "A Friend In Deed" episode! Amazing!  :D

That includes Derpy, Amethyst Star, Lily Valley, Daisy, Roseluck, Bon Bon (Sweetie Drops), Lyra, Aloe, and Lotus Blossom too! Also Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence, and Shining Armor from the royal Canterlot had finally came to the wedding at the Town Hall!

Only just one changeling had appeared, well not that bad. And, Princess Twilight Sparkle talks in the last part of the story!

• Brohoof 2

This was the writer's way of getting out everything in one episode. I wouldn't doubt there being not much fanservice after this because of this episode. They got all the references and things off their chest, and there. It's done.

• Brohoof 1

It felt like the Hasbro executives were going "Hey, look, we know your maymays! See, Derpy is a clumsy delivery pony, isn't that funny! Doctor Whooves is talking about time travel! And Lyra is with Bon Bon!"

I cringed every time they made a reference to a meme. Eventually it got too hard for me to watch so I just walked away.

But Derpy being clumsy didn't come from the fandom. That was canon as early as episode 15 and perhaps even earlier.

Doctor Whooves is of course talking about that because he is a character reference to...you know who. He was made by the staff, not the fandom. As for Lyra x Bon Bon, sure, but I still don't see how that's cringeworthy. Would you rather them not know each other and disregard all the times they were seen together in the background?

• Brohoof 2

This episode was weird and it was fun! I love it to bits!

Yeah, it wasn't the greatest story the show's ever come out with but it was an episode made completely with fun in mind, and it does that job very well.

As a love letter to the fans and a 100th Episode Celebration, it was fantastic!

• Brohoof 7

I can't help but wonder just how far Hasbro is gonna take this show now considering they're starting to cater to what the fans want...I mean if they cater to literally everything the fans want they'd have to up the show's rating all the way from Y to XXX...>.>

I think this was a one time thing, because this was the 100th episode and this was a big thank you to the fans. Next episode will be the adventures of the mane 6 again.

• Brohoof 2

Well, it's not like every episode is gonna be like this. It's the 100th episode, so of course you want to go over-the-top, but I don't think we'll be getting another one of these for another 100 episodes.
  • Brohoof 1

Sunbutt's had less screentime this season than her sister, let's throw her a bone.

But Luna wasn´t on the Gala! And that is what counts!

Also, Discord. He definitely didn´t get enough screentime this season.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think that is going to happen. This episode was a special event, 100th episode, most kids shows never see that. This episode was purely a celebration of the fandom and what we have achieved. We kept this show alive, without us, this show would have ended a long time ago. This episode was only fan service, but it was a special occasion. Not every episode is gonna be that. ;)

• Brohoof 4

When they hugged each other affectionately before the wedding and she said he looked like a million-bits. I mean, some people could interpret that as just being really good frie--

SCREW THAT. The ship has set sail, straight into the cosmos, through the galactic cascades, and down the into the very hearts of the farthest life forms of the multiverse.

• Brohoof 10

Steven Magnet. I love how that's the canon name for him now. Also, British Dr Whooves (and that scarf from the old series ^3^) and Lyra x Bon Bon canon, I can't list all the stuff about this epsode.

• Brohoof 5

Uh, oh wow...

I never thought in a million years they'd do an episode like this, but man am I glad they did- with the background characters in the focus. with the Mane 6 being relegated to the background for once fighting some strange monster, we had... Cranky & Matilda having a wedding as the episode's core, Derpy being given a voice again, Doctor Whooves acting like Doctor Who(and having a thing with Derpy, yeah...), Lyra and Bon Bon finally having their friendship explored, Steven Magnet making a comeback... and Ocavia having a duet with Vinyl, whoa-ho. This episode was full of things fans wanted to see, especially bronies. It was an episode for us, which was somehow done without sacrificing the core values of the show, which was quite impressive. And that's not even all that happened, but that's all I found most impressive. Overall a magnificent celebration, I'm very glad they did this. :D

10/10

• Brohoof 5

haven't seen the episode, yet, though I've been spoiled to tartarus and back on it, but I'm just gonna repost what someone said on EQD

What a great gift from the staff to the fans.

...And it WAS a gift. So some of you should bear that in mind when critiquing. Even if it wasn't quite what you expected or hoped for, it was a gift from the staff to us. When you're given a gift, it is courtesy to accept it with a grateful smile. So play nice, yes?

• Brohoof 4

But Luna wasn´t on the Gala! And that is what counts!

Also, Discord. He definitely didn´t get enough screentime this season.

Discord would've been fun, but this episode was already filled to the brim with characters. I'm ok with his absence.

• Brohoof 3

SCREW THAT. The ship has set sail, straight into the cosmos, through the galactic cascades, and down the into the very hearts of the farthest life forms of the multiverse.

I like that version best, yes.  :derp:   ALONZEE!!!  :yay:

• Brohoof 4

I have to say this was one of the best episodes I have ever seen the comed, the references the ,and insight on the background pones made this episode wonderful!

The Fandom really won't go crashing down, that's at least what I think.

• Brohoof 1