Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler The worst episode in my opinon is

ginger468

This may sound strange but I love all the episodes believe it or not. I don't have one which I don't like. To me mlp is perfection. But I don't see why some disliked and even hated the 100th episode. There's nothing wrong with a little fanservice once in a while. I've yet to come across an mlp episode which I don't like.

• Brohoof 5

Some episodes have problems, some were just not to my taste, but the only episode I would actually consider bad is Rainbow Falls.  So many problems and out of character behaviors.  Not gonna get into it.  Been done ad-infinitum in the episode discussion thread.

(edited)

Episodes I hate: Owls Well that Ends Well, Putting your Hoof Down, and Sonic Rainboom.

Owls Well that Ends Well: If you asked me to find something good about this episode, I would have a hard time. I hated that episode. For the other two episodes, there where things I liked about it. For this one, it was awful. The owl jokes, the Mane Six being obsessed with Twilight's pet, Spike's jealousy, everything in that episode was terrible. Maybe the scene where the Mane Six and CMC had a picnic was the best part, but it wasn't really that great, either. The best part wasn't great, and the worst part was completely awful. So, I award this episode the title of "Worst Episode of the Series." 

I foregot about this episode.  Screw spike's service this episode the runnerup.

Edited by ginger468

Every spike episode would be tied for worst imo. I didn't come for a lame, "mess-up everything" sorry attempt at a dragon. I came for ponies!

I still don't care much for a few episodes...

The breezies episode I watched for a second time, and while I understood the legitimate conflict, I'm not a big Fluttershy fan, I feel like Fluttershy is prone to making a huge deal out of things like these and this episode just didn't feel to me like it meant anything.

I also have some trouble fumbling through first season episodes because they hadn't established the 'family programming' approach to the show yet. Not that I really hate them, they're just odd to watch now because it feels like going to a time where everything was just trying to settle properly.

NO CLUE what I'd call the WORST episode beyond the one in paragraph 1

(edited)

Magical Mystery Cure. There, I said it.

Say what you want about sub-par episodes like Dragon Quest, The Mysterious Mare Do Well, or Spike at Your Service, but at least those episodes were just bland and/or forgettable and didn't really impact the series that much because of that. Magical Mastery Cure permanently scarred the entire series, and honestly, it's a miracle that the show is still going strong after that train wreck of an episode.

Edited by Dolphanatic

Actually, almost everyone hated Putting Your Hoof Down. I have mixed feelings over it personally because of TheMysteriousMrEnter and DrWolf's thoughts on the episode. Enter despises it, Dr. Wolf doesn't really. And they both bring up some good points and I use my own thoughts on it. So I'm very mixed on that episode.

As for me... One Bad BLOODY Apple. I hate that episode almost nearly to the core! (Pun not intended.)

Also, I hated Babs so much when I was 11 when I saw that episode. I WANTED to BADLY see her in the mud instead or at least get SOME punishment. I'd be happy if Appleack at the very least gave her a short lecture on bullying.

In fact, I only liked her in the episode when she made Diamond Tiara and Sliver Spoon fall in the mud and turn Diamond Pig.

When I was 12 and now that I'm 13 I'm OK with her I suppose. To be honest, I saw Apple Family Reunion before One Bad Apple so I didn't knew who Babs was and I forgot about Apple Family Reunion when I saw One Bad Apple so when I watched Apple Family Reunion again I noticed and then realize that cousin was the same cousin Babs Seed because I forgotten about the episode Apple Family Reunion. Which made me grind my gears.

Her bullying was more psychical and affective than both Diamond Tiara and Sliver Spoon combined. Where as DT and SS's bullying are more verbal. Also, Babs is seriously stealing the clubhouse from the Crusaders when Applejack owns it since it was her's before and it's on Sweet AppleArces which the bloody APPLE FAMILY OWN THEMSELVES and Babs was only staying for a few weeks and Diamond Tiara and Sliver Spoon couldn't keep it when Babs would leave because Applejack and they wouldn't step hoof on SweetApple Arcs without Babs or anything? Is Babs seriously just so... I don't even know what to say. Plot holes, plot holes everywhere!

Also, I feel most people misunderstand the moral. Many think the moral is to get a adult while the episode hardly talks about that. Instead, I feel the moral is to not bully back like the CMC were doing (though I would have encouraged them to keep doing so if I were still 11 years old.)

For some people, both moral ideas are offensive to them and though it doesn't offend me, I still hate the episode for that as well as offending other people.

(edited)

Overall, I think the writers have been doing a pretty good job. Especially with the limitations of having to write within the "Y" rating constraints. Sure I find some episodes more entertaining than others, but there is really only one episode that irked me a little.

That episode was The Mysterious Mare Do Well. I don't think the writers conveyed their message all that well. The mane 6 were basically "Bullying" Rainbow Dash psychologically by being conniving jerks because they didn't like how she was acting. It's just not a nice way to "teach someone a lesson." They ended up messing with her self esteem and self worth which is a terrible thing to do. People that I know who have traits of Rainbow Dash usually have other issues going on- which is why they seem to always have to "one-up" people or "have something to prove."

I've found the best way to deal with people similar to Rainbow Dash is to just brush it off and tell them to tone it down (in a calm/non-confrontational way) if they're being too obnoxious for their own good.

OH- and there was also that one episode (One Bad Apple) when Apple Bloom tried to make her COUSIN crash off a frickin' cliff. :confused::lol: That episode didn't bother me as much though because kids really can do some pretty stupid stuff when they're mad.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

Magical Mystery Cure, the twilicorn concept was thrown at us from the middle of nowhere in a rushed season finale that otherwise had very little to do with it. The episode made zero sense with it being rushed being the understatement of the century, it was an insult to a great character and to the show itself by coming dangerously close to Mary Sueing Twilight. Thankfully it didn't push her into complete Mary Suedom as her character is still largely intact despite that train wreck, but the bad taste of it still hasn't completely left my mouth yet even though I am a bit more neutral now.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Magical Mystery Cure, the twilicorn concept was thrown at us from the middle of nowhere in a rushed season finale that otherwise had very little to do with it. The episode made zero sense with it being rushed being the understatement of the century, it was an insult to a great character and to the show itself by coming dangerously close to Mary Sueing Twilight. Thankfully it didn't push her into complete Mary Suedom as her character is still largely intact despite that train wreck, but the bad taste of it still hasn't completely left my mouth yet even though I am a bit more neutral now.

Magical Mystery Cure. There, I said it.

Say what you want about sub-par episodes like Dragon Quest, The Mysterious Mare Do Well, or Spike at Your Service, but at least those episodes were just bland and/or forgettable and didn't really impact the series that much because of that. Magical Mastery Cure permanently scarred the entire series, and honestly, it's a miracle that the show is still going strong after that train wreck of an episode.

Well, close enough, anyway.

Edited by Dolphanatic

• 1 month later...

The worst episode in my opinion would have to be Princess Spike. The inconveniences that Spike tried to fix seemed very predictable and were shown way to often to tell that they were going to happen. It only made the viewers question on when the problems would get out of hand.

My least favourite is also Putting Your Hoof Down. I might not have hated it so much if Fluttershy had took more responsibility for her actions instead of shifting the blame to Iron Will. I also hated Rarity and Pinkie Pie's manipulative tactics which were passed off proper ways to be assertive (though I did find Pinkie Pie's funny, it doesn't belong alongside a serious moral).

I can't say I actually dislike any episode, since there's always quite some stuff to like. And I even think Owl's Well That Ends Well is very good; and I happen to disagree with many complaints about that and other episodes that are regarded as bad. Still, I think that the least good is Twilight's Kingdom: to me, it's shoving story and character to the side to get exciting big scenes; it's a bit of a different fanservice, but like Slice of Life. And, to avoid any problem, I'm sorry for not loving the season 4 finale...

• Brohoof 1

To me, it's a toss-up between Ponyville Confidential and Spike At Your Service. Cringeworthy, I can sometimes handle. Predictable from two minutes in, ditto. But I can't handle the combination of both.

While princess spike wasn't the worst episode of the series it certainly was of Season 5 so far. While other characters are getting development and fleshing out even more he stays exactly the same and learns diddly squat, making all his potential totally squandered and leaving him as the shows punching bag for another season. 

Here are my list of episodes I hate and never could watch a second or third or(...) time

Exactly.

I have no episode I really consider bad or horrible. Sure, some may be a bit better or worser, but I enjoyed all episodes so far. I sure could make a list now with stuff I noticed that just seems wrong on every episode, but by already over 100 episodes that would be a looong post, besides by some episodes it probably would be only minor stuff.

I can think of a handful of episodes that pissed me off, but at the end of the day, none of them can be as bad as the first Equestria Girls.

Say what you will about the movies being separate, but they still make enough continuity references to count as actual episodes.

Likewise, I don't dislike any of the episodes but some are clearly better than the others.

Season 1: It used to be Griffon The Brush Off until The Lost Treasure Of Griffonstone influenced my opinion. So now it's Owl's Well That Ends Well. The most interesting bits are Spike's Jekyll/Hyde moments, Twilight doing meteorology and the escape from the dragon. Next is still Griffon The Brush Off followed by Boast Busters

Season 2: Dragon Quest, The Mysterious Mare Do-Well and a difficult toss-up between The Cutie Pox and Hearts And Hooves Day

Season 3: Spike At Your Service and One Bad Apple

Season 4: Somepony To Watch Over Me followed by Simple Ways

Season 5: No episode approaches this category but the current closest is Princess Spike

It's quite sad how most of my least favourite episodes involve Spike. I don't understand the hate behind Putting Your Hoof Down, Iron Will was comically reasonable and tough as nails at the same time. Fluttershy made have reduced Pinkie Pie and Rarity to tears but for someone whose favourite pony includes Rarity, some of the things Fluttershy shouted actually reflected a new, bitter side to her which has not really been touched on. The insults Fluttershy used were also brilliantly cruel and she repented before going down the deep end. My point is, Pinkie Pie and Rarity didn't mind and neither should the viewers. Her actions can only be considered wrong from the point where she stuffed the mailpony into the postbox.

Edited by ShadowPhoenix