Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If there were an ep where one of the Mane Six got pregnant, who should it be?

Azureth

Which of the Mane Six would be most interesting pregnant?  

27 users have voted

1. 1. Which of the Mane Six would be most interesting pregnant?

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Applejack
    • Rarity
    • Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie

In lots of shows it is not unusual for there to be an episode where one of the women gets pregnant one way or another. Now while I seriously doubt MLP would ever go there if there were an episode whether it be funny or serious which of the Mane Six do you think would be most interesting?

For me, I say Rarity! Not just because she's best pony but I think a pregnant Rarity could offer a funny episode.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash would be rather interesting. She doesn't seem like a pony that would be good with a baby at first. That or she would go into uber cute mode. :P Also she would be a lot like how she was in Read it and Weep, since she probably would not be able to fly like she normally does.

• Brohoof 1

I say Fluttershy and Applejack would have the easiest time in the world. -_-

Flutters is so caring, delicate and kind. Just like a good mother. :kindness:

Applejack is also caring, and she's not the kind of pony to get frazzled over anything. So yeah she'd be fine too. :icwudt:

(edited)

If they ever decide to tackle this issue, I think it would likely be with a less major character, most likely either Princess Cadence or Matilda since they're both females in the show whose marriages we've had a vested interest in.

Anyway, don't you guys know that AJ already had a child? Why do you think she's so protective of Apple Bloom?  :catface:

Just kidding.  

TOO MANY VARIABLES!!!!!

also R.D would make a great mom

Edited by Sparkle Sword
  • Brohoof 1

I assume the episode would go something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzPMaYwCDU4

Firstly, the idea of this in general is horrifying.

Now to contribute to the topic, it wouldn't likely be somebody who already has a filly who associates with them. So Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity would be out. It'd probably be Fluttershy considering her calm and kind nature.

But the chances of this actually happening are zero to none. It's already been covered by the Cake family, and there's no reason to go any further into that area.

• Brohoof 3

As someone who doesn't want kids, it kind of annoys me that everyone always has to have kids on tv shows.  (The day Bernadette gets pregnant on Big Bang, I'm out.)  Imagining one of the mane 6 getting pregnant is a funny and entertaining thought, but I would never want this to happen on the show.  Leave it for fanfics.

Related tangent--you know, at the beginning of Black Beauty, they show the title character being born.  They really don't mess around, either.  I mean, they get right in there with the camera.  Nothing is left to the imagination.  I mean, DAMN, man!  That's a kid's movie!  That could be a bit tramatic for a little kid to see.  I applaud it, though.  There's a movie that shows some balls, right there.

Now, imagine that with FIM!  :blink:

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I'm going to have to go with Rarity here. First she's the only one we have seen show any interest in stallions on the show, so it just makes sense. Then there is how we've seen her with Sweetie Belle, and to a lesser extent, Opal. Then there would be her epic freak out, "of all the worst possible things that could happen, this is the worst possible thing!". Her concern about what it would do to her body. She might even try to use her generosity to give her foal away.

Edited by colt .45

(edited)

Easiest? Applejack, she is practically a mother to Applebloom and at times the other Mane five. So, she pretty much is either way.

Most interesting? Pinkie Pie, by far. She has to learn respsonsibility and it will show the most character change/growth for her, either negative or positive.

Why I don't say Rainbow Dash? Because, you're going to see something similar with her and Scotaloo regardless. 

Edited by louisvillepride

Rarity was pregnant before the event of Baby Cakes. Yes, Rarity's daughter was the same age as the Cake Twins. No pony knows what happened, though. Maybe her parents raise the baby because saving the world while raising a baby isn't easy. 

Watch Baby Cakes and tell me that one of the foals isn't Rarity's. 

Applejack would be the best mother, so I woudln't see it has an episode.

Fluttershy may have trouble raising a foal like a pony instead of like an animal, but I'm sure she can manage. 

Twilight would probably try to read books after books on taking care of child to learn that books don't teach everything. That could be a good episode. 

I can't imagine Rainbow getting pregnant. She would have to give up her dreams, the dreams she has been having since the beginning of the show. 

Pinkie Pie would be interesting to see when pregnant, but her taking care of babies has already been done. 

The winner is Twilight. 

Rarity and Gho-

wait he's no longer a meme here

Anyways I think we've seen all of the Mane Six with kids to some extent. Dashie probably the least though. And of course motherhood is completely different from taking care of someone's elses kids... Eh, I think any of them would be interesting tbh.

• Brohoof 1