Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

friendship games Equestria Girls: Friendship Games Trailer

CastletonSnob

On first impressions I think I will like this movie. I think human Twilight here will find the portal pony Twilight left open and screws around with its magic somehow which causes magic "holes" that are like time paradox's. I think it is possible that pony Twilight and her pony friends will appear somehow. I was so glad when I saw Pinkie realize human Twilight is not from Equestria since I was afraid the plot would involve one of the humane 5 giving to much info to the wrong Twilight in a clueless way. 

The trailer really does a better job then the last ones, whilst I can say the movie does look better then the ones before it I'm a little worried the writers are going to abuse the fact this version of Twilight is only just meeting the rest of the mane six for first time and rehash the pilot episode, please don't do that McCarthy. 

..maybe I'm wrong, but before this trailer, some people had "painted" the human Twilight as a bad girl ..apparently it does not seem to be so. I'm glad of that...Then..I don't know.

This Literally looks awesome. So Much Parts of the trailer have much better quality the the last movie. For example I love how sunset is like now the like LEADER of the group while twilight is in Equestria. But I really hope that this twilight doesn't take over pony twily... Because don't hate me, but twilight is my favourite character. Hopefully Sunset Kicks Butt again.

I'm excited about what this other school has to offer, And since its Crystal Prep, what if Cadence and Shining Armour Rule it? I mean, Maybe since Shining is Twilight's brother, it would make sense that they went to the same school.

But if Twily does have magic (and then turns into a raging she-demon) Would she Use it for bad or good? Cough* It's Twilight. It's Probably not gonna happen. but it would make a great plot-twist. I think she might be able to discover EQUESTRIA. Maybe. But I am So nervacited! 

post-33963-0-56854000-1435946369_thumb.png

post-33963-0-74798100-1435946451_thumb.png

post-33963-0-41666100-1435946650_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Hey , as we have a thread dedicated to this already, your topic has been merged, (:

• Brohoof 2

Extremely excited for this. I really enjoy the Equestria Girls series and particularly loved Rainbow Rocks. It's pretty much the best MLP-related thing I've ever seen. From the trailer, I honestly believe that they will deliver just as good. The concept of human Twilight is not only interesting, but very appealing. I love her nerdy appearance and attitude, as I find it much more relatable than the normal Twilight. She wears GLASSES! And she looks adorable. :3 Also, her poses and uncertainty remind me of myself. Actually, so far, the premise just seems like a story I'd write about one of my 'sonas.

Usually, I'm not excited about very much of anything. But just something about Equestria Girls is just so refreshing from the normal old MLP and the second movie was just so good with such resonant humor and dialogue to me. So it's nice to be happy about this.

• Brohoof 2

Equestrian magic involved in a school's contest. Who could have seen that coming like the last two movies. It's the EG movie formula three times in a row.

This Literally looks awesome. So Much Parts of the trailer have much better quality the the last movie. For example I love how sunset is like now the like LEADER of the group while twilight is in Equestria. But I really hope that this twilight doesn't take over pony twily... Because don't hate me, but twilight is my favourite character. Hopefully Sunset Kicks Butt again.

I'm excited about what this other school has to offer, And since its Crystal Prep, what if Cadence and Shining Armour Rule it? I mean, Maybe since Shining is Twilight's brother, it would make sense that they went to the same school.

But if Twily does have magic (and then turns into a raging she-demon) Would she Use it for bad or good? Cough* It's Twilight. It's Probably not gonna happen. but it would make a great plot-twist. I think she might be able to discover EQUESTRIA. Maybe. But I am So nervacited! 

Sunny fits to take Twi's spot in the human world. I wonder what human Twi's existence will affect pony Twi's role in future EGs. I donpt think she'll move to Canterlot High at the end of th movie

I think that middle aged woman is the principal of the Prep, but as any good high school setting with an authoritarian principal (well, she kinda looks like one  :dash: ), she'll get replaced at the end, probably Cady  :icwudt:

Yes, she'll transform, I guess from her resentment for her friendless background, but she will, there are toys with her form

LADIES AND GENTLEMENS, INTRODUCING, A ONE-TIME ONLY: MIDNIGHT SPARKLE :pinkie: 

img-3501710-1-Midnight-Magic-Twilight.jp

Yeah yeah, I know, not exactly a creative alternate name for Twi by now. Many fanfics have been using it since forever :dash:  

• Brohoof 1

So based on the trailer here's what I've come up with plot wise:

So film starts off and we get our exposition about what the Friendship Games are and who Crystal Prep is. And that thanks to the Power of Friendship spread throughout the school CHS now stands a chance, and the Humane 6 are thinking they have this in the bag, stating something like only if CP had Twilight on their side could they even be a match
Cut to Human Twilight being miserable at CP and cutting into a lab studying CHS's magical occurrences and realizes the Friendship Games are a great way to study the school up close.
We then go to the opening ceremonies and the two schools have a marching band battle with the crowd joining in, we then see the Mane 6 getting ready for the next game/goofing off when Human Twilight, who has been searching the grounds and has found a strong magic source, stumbles in, to the shock of everyone. Twilight beat a quick retreat and the Humane 6 discuss this new Twilight. Sunset reveals that their are pony versions of themselves and they all agree to try to befriend this new Twilight. Twilight suspects the Humane 6 and starts to tag them and uses their friendliness towards her to try to gain more info while not embracing the kindness being displayed towards her.
While this is going on, so are the games, which CHS is actually winning them, pissing off CP to no end, since they're going to be more jerkish. They more or less peer pressure Twilight into preforming and diss her whenever they get a chance, telling her that she's in their way. Twilight also discovers the magical portals popping up and do the Humane 6.
The Humane 6 discuss the tears in the fabric of reality and Twilight overhears them and starts working on a way to control/contain them and also informs her teammates that such power is why CHS is doing so well. The CP students give Twilight a lot of false encouragement in order to turn the tides against CHS and Twilight gets the machine up and running, only for it to go wrong and Twilight absorbing to much energy turning her into Midnight Sparkle. She tries asking for help but the CP students don't listen to her and attack her, all failing due to Midnight Twilight's power. The Humane 6 however reach out to Twilight and offer her their friendship and that gets the power out of her and Twilight realizes how important friendship truly is. It then ends with Twilight writing a journal entry to her pony self.

Cut to the end credit scene where a mysterious watcher looks on with delight at the power coming from CHS and how she can use it to further her own ends. The person is revealed to be the human version of Sunset Shimmer.

• Brohoof 1

They're going to have Human Twilight try to make friends with the same people Princess Twilight did and basically walk the same path as Princess Twilight. Even hook up with Flash Sentry, which would be a win as that would free Princess Twilight from the romance.

Judging by the trailer, it looks like Sunset Shimmer's gonna be the protagonist here, as opposed to Equestrian Twilight...so, yay! :D I loved Sunset in RR, finally she's going to get some screen time~ I also hope they use that mirror less and less, so that the Canterlot High Mane 6 (or Mane 7?) can shine in the spotlight some more. :)

The trailer awesome, and it looks like Human Twilight has her work cut for her as she does seem to quite fit in anywhere, and the whole world seems to be falling apart with all these magical portals popping up. Should be interesting to see what drives her into becoming Midnight Sparkle, and should be amusing to see the role reversal from Rainbow Rocks play here.

Anyways these films are a nice change of pace from the main show while still holding up to the quality of it. Truth be told I was looking forward to Friendship Games more so than Season 5, and this trailer still confirms it.

(edited)

I actually don't like the look of this movie at all 

I didn't mind the first EQG movie trailer It looked a little iffy but it had potential.   

As for Rainbow Rocks, It looked good from the get go I had no issue with it.

But this movie... I'm sorry it looks like some trash. As far as I can tell, this entire movie is going to be like that scene from the first movie where Rainbow kicks Twilight's ass in soccer, only extended to 90 minutes instead of well 1 minute.

Then again maybe Im judging it too soon. We will have to see what the other trailers bring... If there are any.

Also the Shadowbolts thing makes me cringe.   

Edited by Zantetsuken