spoiler SDCC Season 5 Spoilers

Sidral Mundet

I love the song that Lena Hall sings and with the piano!  :wub:

And finally, in the finale of the 5th season there's Starlight Glimmer again! So I say that's correct for bronies.  :o

I hope that would be aired around mid-October on Discovery Family as planned.  :)

• Brohoof 2

Princess Twilight Sparkle always do legendary stuff with magic in Equestria. Time to blast from the past.
img-25397-1-post-8308-0-57732400-1422393

~Allen
The V.I.P., The Legendary

Again, this isn't farfetched. This isn't really pulling siblings out of thin air so much as it is filling in a HUGE blank.

It certainly will be farfetched if they fail to give Fluttershy a legitimate reason to have never mentioned her brother to her friends before. Because they certainly didn't do that with Twilight. 

I'll be willing to wait and see how it's implemented though, but to be quite honest, I'm not expecting this to be handled any better than Shining Armor was. 

• Brohoof 2

It certainly will be farfetched if they fail to give Fluttershy a legitimate reason to have never mentioned her brother to her friends before. Because they certainly didn't do that with Twilight. 

I'll be willing to wait and see how it's implemented though, but to be quite honest, I'm not expecting this to be handled any better than Shining Armor was. 

While I can understand the complaint and will critique that episode if they do go down that same route they did with Shining Armor in A Canterlot Wedding, however I have more faith they'll learn their lesson and develop it more naturally where she and him aren't this 'BBBFF that sends letters over to his LSBFF that we never heard of till now' but show that while they're close, they're not that close to be having that in their relationship (not because of bad blood but personality preference).

• Brohoof 2

These spoilers sound AMAZING! I think the fact that the finale is in animatic form explains the hiatuses between episodes. I hope Fluttershy's brother is a YOUNGER brother to spice it up a little. Personally excited to see Rainbow Power again tomorrow.

• Brohoof 1

My short independent films about physical disability!

http://cripvideoproductions.tumblr.com

These spoilers sound AMAZING! I think the fact that the finale is in animatic form explains the hiatuses between episodes. I hope Fluttershy's brother is a YOUNGER brother to spice it up a little. Personally excited to see Rainbow Power again tomorrow.

I hope he's younger than Fluttershy too, but still a fully grown stallion not near the CMC age bracket. Also I hope that he sort of inverted from Flutter personality wise, in that he's still an introvert but far more angry than he is kind.

I'm surprised by the Rainbow Power personally.

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

(edited)

Everything sounds great, except the Fluttershy brother thing. I'll be watching in the shadows with judgemental looking eyes squinted watching things play out before I have a final opinion though.

So I have a question for any one willing to answer:

Who the hell is this Lena Hall? Who the hell is this character Lena Hall is playing? I have never heard of or seen either of them in my life. I've seen people commenting every where saying "OMG ITS HAPPENING" and "I KNEW SHED RETURN".

I'm sorry, but I am just plain confused. This pony has never been in the show before, I've never heard Lena Hall play a character before. Can someone please fill me in on what the deal is with this and why I'm apparently the only one who doesn't know?

Edited by takai

I will now gladly serve a four-course dinner of crow to anyone who thought that a late bloomer (cutie mark-wise) couldn't possibly happen on the show. Eat up.

c2b78c1938adc975801c4d65fae1bdf1.jpg

Compliments of Wind Chaser

I'll save the dessert for the people who thought Starlight Glimmer was one-and-done.

• Brohoof 2

I hope he's younger than Fluttershy too, but still a fully grown stallion not near the CMC age bracket. Also I hope that he sort of inverted from Flutter personality wise, in that he's still an introvert but far more angry than he is kind.

I'm surprised by the Rainbow Power personally.

Yeah he should be an adult but I have a sneaking suspicion that he might be a social butterfly rather than shy but your idea would be a nice twist since we have already seen Maud be the opposite of Pinkie. Regardless I think the lack of communication between the 2 has to do with a personality difference. I wonder if he will be a pegasus or a different pony race?

My short independent films about physical disability!

http://cripvideoproductions.tumblr.com

Yeah he should be an adult but I have a sneaking suspicion that he might be a social butterfly rather than shy but your idea would be a nice twist since we have already seen Maud be the opposite of Pinkie. Regardless I think the lack of communication between the 2 has to do with a personality difference. I wonder if he will be a pegasus or a different pony race?

Fluttershy lived in Cloudsdale so would make sense he would be a pegasus as well also all the other siblings are the same race as thier siblings.

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

(edited)

I wouldn't have a problem with it if that were the case. It's just that, I sincerely doubt that will be the case. I think this will simply be Shining Armor all over again. 

Yeah! Let me say that Fluttershy's brother will be a total repeat of Shining Armor. (Which wasn't that bad to begin with) With zero basis to give that claim any amount of credence. 

Sir... you don't have one scrap of information on this character other than, he's Fluttershy's brother, I mean FUCK we don't even know his name yet. 

This is like me saying that season 6 of MLPFiM will suck because (Insert name of cartoon here) got awful after season 5.

Give the writers some fucking credit dude, and don't just assume shit like this with no reasoning.     

Edited by Zantetsuken
  • Brohoof 2

Fluttershys Brother, its revealed Rainbow Dash has a HUGE crush on him lol

Though, that random Changling from episode 100 should make a come back.. maybe be Celestia's personal servent and he/she pleades to Twilight to save them from the horrors of Celestia and Luna 'girl talks' or something

Wait wait Wait hold up: MUTE DJ Vinyl is now canon? Really? I prefer her talking thank you very much! And FYI, she did look better if she talked though.

(edited)

THE HYPE, THE HYPEEEEEE IS REAL!!! 

Episode today should by awesome to fuel the Hype Train  :fiery:

Moral Lesson for Finale... NEVER LET VILLAIN ESCAPE!!! THEY WILL DO SOMETHING MORE HORRIBLE TO YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS. Seeing the finale animatic make me CHILL DOWN MY SPINE  :(

Another suggestion: HIRE MORE GUARD PLZ 

Edited by Lambdadelta
  • Brohoof 2

I keep seeing people comparing Fluttershy's brother with Shining Armor, but the thing is, the reason it was such an issue with Shining Armor was because he was supposedly one of the most important people in Twilight's life(BBBFF and whatnot) on top of being the freaking Captain of the Royal Guards, AND he was dating the Princess of Love Cadance(who also showed up outta nowhere). Yeah, some could make a similar argument with Maud, but it's also worth noting that she wasn't as high profile as SA and they explained where she was at the time(some sort of college from what I remember)

Should be fine as long as they avoid the same problems they ran into with Shining Armor

• Brohoof 2

So Sweetie Belle will get a singing role. Yay! Me first on the Hype Train.

Wait a minute? Seriously? SB is getting a singing role. I thought Lena Hall is singing. Right?

Sweetie Belle only appears singing along in one frame.

Yep, this reminds me of the "Chhoo Le Na" scene from "Roadside Romeo" but I could be right.

I am so excited to see what's left for this season, when I saw Starlight Glimmer in that SDCC panel I about jumped out of my seat, can't wait to see what evil plans she has in store for Twilight and her friends.

gMbgvX4.gif

(edited)

When i watched the  finale animatic, a soundtrack plays in the my head over and over again : Hell March  B) Comrade Starlight, IT'S ABOUT TIME! *hellmarch.mp3 plays again...*

RA3_Time_Machine_zpstcffc2bb.jpg

hell%20march_zpsuw5lbfx9.jpgDO YOU HEAR HELL MARCH SOUNDTRACK IN YOUR HEAD RIGHT NOW???

Edited by Lambdadelta

I keep seeing people comparing Fluttershy's brother with Shining Armor, but the thing is, the reason it was such an issue with Shining Armor was because he was supposedly one of the most important people in Twilight's life(BBBFF and whatnot) on top of being the freaking Captain of the Royal Guards, AND he was dating the Princess of Love Cadance(who also showed up outta nowhere).

The issue with Shining Armor is that his existence felt entirely forced and contrived for the simple fact that we're apparently supposed to believe that in all of the time Twilight had known her friends in the first 50 episodes of the show, not once had she ever brought him up or mentioned him. 

And given how close she and her brother were established to be, that doesn't make a lick of sense

This is not going to work for Fluttershy's brother. So the only way they could do this properly is to have the mane six already aware that Fluttershy has a brother (though that would honestly seem like a cop out), or make it so Fluttershy isn't close to him at all.