Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health How often do you shower ( or bath )?

Noei

(edited)

I should not have read through these responses...  :blink:

I shower at least once a day, every morning, and throughout the day as needed. I personally don't see how people can go about their day without bathing/showering in the morning. I feel so...unclean...

Edited by 09thRoad
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

As someone who doesn't get out much, I generally shower every two or three or days. However, if I know I'm going somewhere, I'll shower beforehand (or take a bath, as I don't have a shower in my home). When I'm more active, which isn't often, I shower/bathe daily during that period. I'd never shower more than once in a day unless I got really dirty during the day.

I've heard that showering twice or more daily isn't positive for the skin, and that daily showering isn't necessary. I only really feel the need to bathe every two or three days, but like I said, If I'm going somewhere I'll bathe to feel and smell as clean as possible.

Edited by Rivendare

Twice a day - one when I wake up and one when I go to bed.

Usually about twice a week. Honestly, it needs to be more often than that but I'm better than I used to be; I just never learned proper hygiene growing up (showering, brushing my teeth, clean clothes, etc.) and am having to learn it all myself in adulthood. It's harder than it sounds. :blush:

• Brohoof 3

I take a shower once after getting up in the morning and once before I go to bed at night, the evening shower usually is replaced by a bath once or twice a week. 

When I get hit by some baby food spat or something else what might make me feel uncomfortable, there might be the one or other shower in between.

Not taking a shower every day is a lot more hygienic than taking a shower every day. It's terrible for your skin, and just as bad for your hair. Shampooing too much is bad. Also a huge waste of water to clean something that's not dirty, honestly. It's really only necessary if you work in the heat or have to sweat all day. Every other day is tops, probs.

I take about two a week, and am fine. All I usually do semi daily is teeth, face wash, and washing my hands more than I probably should.

The conditioner I use on my hair makes it smell gr8 all week, but granted I have my hair in a bun half the time- so I don't have to worry about it getting super greasy.

Usually about twice a week. Honestly, it needs to be more often than that but I'm better than I used to be; I just never learned proper hygiene growing up (showering, brushing my teeth, clean clothes, etc.) and am having to learn it all myself in adulthood. It's harder than it sounds. :blush:

Twice a week is fine, dont worry.

My parents didn't teach me all that either, lol. You should see my laundry.

• Brohoof 3

Once a day shower, usually in the afternoon-evening though my scheduling here can invert sometimes depending. I'm trying to break the bad habit of shampooing every day for the natural oils thing.

I tend to take a shower every three or four days, if I showered everyday my hair would begin to easily break and crack.  Though I tend to need to take more showers during the summer, so maybe I might take a shower every other day due to sweating...

• Brohoof 1