Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Furry, brony, synonym?

Shadowrunner

A question I have is why is it so important that any fandom that touch's anthro needs to accept they are furrys not every one identifies as one and who do you think you are forcing them to, I don't try and force ever man who watches my little pony to say they are a brony which is harder to deny then saying you're a furry because its just a fandom. 

A question I have is why is it so important that any fandom that touch's anthro needs to accept they are furrys not every one identifies as one and who do you think you are forcing them to, I don't try and force ever man who watches my little pony to say they are a brony which is harder to deny then saying you're a furry because its just a fandom. 

I was making no attempt to force any label on any one, i just wanted to see what my fellow bronies thought of this. I apologize if this caused any unpleasant feelings. That was in no way my intent. 

I was making no attempt to force any label on any one, i just wanted to see what my fellow bronies thought of this. I apologize if this caused any unpleasant feelings. That was in no way my intent. 

You didn't say any thing its just i'm tired of every thing is a furry bs.

Another point I would like to bring up is so what if you like the art work anthro and feral it makes it more relatable to the show for the shows sake.

Another point I would like to bring up is so what if you like the art work anthro and feral it makes it more relatable to the show for the shows sake.

Good point, i believe it is intentional. 

people should let people define what they are and not impose things on others like that, especially for something like fandoms. 

True as it gets, though form a category based perspective they are similar. 

Good point, i believe it is intentional. 

True as it gets, though form a category based perspective they are similar. 

How one means a man who watches my little pony or some one who watches it out of the intended age group and an other means a fan of anthropomorphic animals to say bronys are a fan of anthropomorphic animals and furrys are fans of my little pony is inaccurate.

How one means a man who watches my little pony or some one who watches it out of the intended age group and an other means a fan of anthropomorphic animals to say bronys are a fan of anthropomorphic animals and furrys are fans of my little pony is inaccurate.

i did not mean they are one in the same more so the community's are similar in traits such as art, music and written production. Though you do have a point. 

i did not mean they are one in the same more so the community's are similar in traits such as art, music and written production. Though you do have a point. 

Still disagree you can't say drawing my little pony art anthro or feral makes it furry when its for the my little pony fandom you're fanatic for that unless you say other wise music considering its all based around the show that has nothing to do with furry at all written production still about my little pony unless personally its not.

Still disagree you can't say drawing my little pony art anthro or feral makes it furry when its for the my little pony fandom you're fanatic for that unless you say other wise music considering its all based around the show that has nothing to do with furry at all written production still about my little pony unless personally its not.

I meant in the fact that they both do, not that the substance of the music is the same. Just the the two fandoms seem to me to be cut from the same cloth as it were. 

The similarities end in mannerisms; Furries are generally leaning towards furry content, Bronies lean towards pony content and things to do with MLP in particular. The creativity and works for which both fandoms are known are different too.

You could say they are kind of similar, hence why some people make the confusion, but it's not exactly the same.

A somewhat related video that does a good job at explaining things. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDHx6Cisdg

I've seen that, very good but lingers a bit on the fetish part. 

The similarities end in mannerisms; Furries are generally leaning towards furry content, Bronies lean towards pony content and things to do with MLP in particular. The creativity and works for which both fandoms are known are different too.

You could say they are kind of similar, hence why some people make the confusion, but it's not exactly the same.

True,As a member of both i have need a lot of cross over, witch is why i was curious about the similarities in the first place. 

(edited)
All bronies are furries, but not all furries are bronies. The way I see it is the brony fandom is a subset of the furry fandom as a whole. An isle of xenophobics in the whole.

In my eyes it doesn't matter. All bronies are furries.

Wrong. Bronies and furries aren't close to one of the same. To be a furry is to be a fan of the anthropomorphic style in general, but not all bronies are into this. To be a brony is to be a fan of FIM. A lot of bronies are there for the story, characterization, art style, morals, whatever. Not every brony is into the anthro concept. To say all furries are bronies is to claim that all bronies are "/b/tards" (or "/b/ros"). Not every brony goes to 4chan, and I have no interest in being a part of that hellhole.

The bronies that say they aren't furries are doing so because they are being judgemental of the furry fandom and hating on it for certain vocal/poster boys that ruin the fandom in the eyes of the masses.

You're pulling a strawman; never use them. A lot of bronies aren't furries because that's not what they're interested in. (Any brony who is a furry separatist, though, is like what I say to brony separatists: "You perpetuate the stereotypes more accurately than the people you try and fail to disassociate with by saying, 'I'm better than them.'")

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

Wrong. Bronies and furries aren't close to one of the same. To be a furry is to be a fan of the anthropomorphic style in general, but not all bronies are into this. To be a brony is to be a fan of FIM. A lot of bronies are there for the story, characterization, art style, morals, whatever. Not every brony is into the anthro concept. To say all furries are bronies is to claim that all bronies are "/b/tards" (or "/b/ros"). Not every brony goes to 4chan, and I have no interest in being a part of that hellhole.

You're pulling a strawman; never use them. A lot of bronies aren't furries because that's not what they're interested in. (Any brony who is a furry separatist, though, is like what I say to brony separatists: "You perpetuate the stereotypes more accurately than the people you try and fail to disassociate with by saying, 'I'm better than them.'")

Well said, i my self wish the 2 would have less conflict, because both are very good. I believe it is the worry that either fandom will be hurt by association with the other that causes hate based separatism. 

• Brohoof 1

How about we mix the too? Which sounds better: Froney or Brofurr?

Naming the offspring of the two fandoms is a bit difficult, neither have the ring of brony or furry. Though i wonder if a name for the crossover of the two would be useful.

I feel slightly insulted by this. I have no relation to being a furry, and I have never thought of myself as one.

A question of the similarity was my intent, not offence. By why would you be offended. Furry is not a derogatory term. I can understand why you would refute being seen as a a furry( as that is apparently not your thing) , but not why you would be offended by the comparison. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't understand why people keep splintering off into different factions because they don't want to be perceived to be associated with the other groups. Furry or Brony in the end of the day every hater outside of those categories is going to look down on them.

• Brohoof 1

I don't understand why people keep splintering off into different factions because they don't want to be perceived to be associated with the other groups. Furry or Brony in the end of the day every hater outside of those categories is going to look down on them.

A simple fear of being hated and the natural desire to get along with others ide imagine. Thankfully both groups are becoming more accepted as the days go on.