Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where did Diamond Tiara go wrong?

ggg-2

As we know, Filthy Rich is a rather respectful kind businessman, whereas his daughter, Diamond Tiara, by contrast is, to put it as kindly as possible, a totally unlikeable bucking brat! But how did a filly raised by such a respectful stallion turn out the way she did?

• Brohoof 3

Same problem as Angelica Pickles and her father. Filthy Rich, despite looking like a genuinely nice guy, was probably too nice for his own good and spoiled Diamond Tiara like no tomorrow, turning her into a spoiled brat

Edited by Lemon Zest
  • Brohoof 9

Just because Filthy Rich is a business man, doesn't make him respectable. I won't go into details (check the season 5 leaked/synopsis thread if you're interested.) but a future episode focuses on him as a antagonist. We may also be able to see a little bit about how Diamond Tiara was raised.

• Brohoof 4

Just because Filthy Rich is a business man, doesn't make him respectable. I won't go into details (check the season 5 leaked/synopsis thread if you're interested.) but a future episode focuses on him as a antagonist. We may also be able to see a little bit about how Diamond Tiara was raised.

I doubt the Synopses are real, and in fact i believe someone came out and said they were fake and meant to generate hype.

• Brohoof 1

Her bullying comes from deep-rooted insecurities. Coming from a home environment like hers with a busy father, she may feel lonely and insecure, which makes her target Applebloom & co. Applebloom is highly involved with her family, which could make DT jealous of her. What's more, DT clearly doesn't know how to make good friends (I.e. Being super bossy and controlling) and could also be jealous that the CMC get along so well.

Edited by Quartz Aegis
  • Brohoof 7

I doubt the Synopses are real, and in fact i believe someone came out and said they were fake and meant to generate hype

I believe Big Jim himself deconfirmed it

• Brohoof 1

Diamond Tiara needs love and attention, desperately. Parental absence might be the reason, knowing his father.

Projecting her own frustration on schoolmates, making them feel less, criticizing, so she can feel like it's something at all. Again, not feeling worthy.

Looking for attention everywhere. Material things might drive people close to her, wrong again.

Adopting a mask of superiority, hiding pain inside, No allowing herself to feel this sadness, which turns into resentfulness inside of her.

• Brohoof 3

What's more, DT clearly doesn't know how to make good friends (I.e. Being super bossy and controlling) and could also be jealous that the CMC get along so well.

I think that being a boss is her special talent; her tiara cutie mark. So if that's true then it's not possible for her to change. Her personality was always set in stone.

• Brohoof 1

I think I read a tweet or something where DT's VA said something along the lines of "You might be seeing a different side of Diamond Tiara this season", so that's exciting.

She's spoiled, simple as that. And she's probably just upset that she has a sucky cutie mark.

I think that being a boss is her special talent; her tiara cutie mark. So if that's true then it's not possible for her to change. Her personality was always set in stone.

I've always wondered about her cutie mark and that makes total sense. Maybe her special talent is taking charge of a situation, but she just hasn't figured out how to use that talent in a positive way yet. Like Troubleshoes, she has misinterpreted her cutie mark, or maybe she got it but isn't sure what it means so she's angry and confused and that's why she takes it out on others. Perhaps the moment she got her cutie mark is when she went wrong.

The main piece of evidence we are missing is Diamond Tiara's mother.

After all, Filthy Rich probably saw his father build the family business from nothing and very aware of how the Apple Family made that possible given how respectfully he treats Granny Smith and how he was literally kicking his daughter down the street to have her join in the Zap Apple rituals XD.

DT however was born into wealth and given how we've seen her show no respect to anyone at all, can assume her spoilt snobbish behavior is learned from her mother which in a way mirrors the snobiness of the Canterlot Elite. (Except Fancy Pants, he's cool. XD)

Edited by Malinter

Because good parents want their children to be better off than they were as children.  So success becomes a good parent's worst enemy.  The child loses the ability to be grateful because they have no reference point to be grateful about.  All their life has been is a steady progression of more and more and more things, as opposed to life's ups and downs.

• Brohoof 1

To me, there are multiple reasons why she is "bad." Her mother never seems to be present. Her dad is a rich, probably never pays much attention to her and buys her everything to keep her occupied. She is not truly close to anyone. Even her supposed best friend, Silver Spoon, is not as close as she appears to be. She does not know what true friendship is. That is probably the problem.

I don't think it's her fault.  She was born rich, and has always lived a life of luxury and privilege.  That would warp anybody's point of view.  I also assume that her dad is usually busy working, and I'm guessing she doesn't even remember her mother, so she's probably lonely and desperate for attention and/or affection.  I also don't think she is irredeemably evil.  Sure, so far she has been depicted as an unrepentant bully, but she's quite young, and she still has so much to learn.  I'm hoping that future episodes develop her character further, because I think she's interesting.  Even if she never changes, I actually enjoy her "mean girl" attitude and I think she's kind of funny.

It's been touched on many times already in this thread, but I think it's mainly because she's been spoiled. I think she'll change eventually, but first she'll have to make some REAL friends who will call her out on her behavior. If not, she'll get reduced to nothing when she gets to Middle School, because nopony other than Silver Spoon seems to like her, and you are all probably aware of the amount of hurtful drama that happens during the tween years.

post-33250-0-06250900-1438885135.jpg