Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mister Jack

A time travel storyline which send the Mane 7 1000 years into the past.

It could start with Twilight starting to believe that she is the be all-end all of friendship problemsolving and such (the moral of the episode is that not everything is under your power) and the map sends them all to the past where they meet an Earth pony (possibly called "Sonny" but you don't learn his last name until the end) who is suffering under the "racial power" gap that is present in the historic land (eg Alicorn master race>Unicorn>Pegasus>Earth Pony) and is trying to make a name of himself as a hero, despite being the lowest peg on the ladder, by utilising inventions (like a horn that accesses magic, and artefacts that enable flight, etc). He sees himself as the only one capable of bridging the social gap between the races and works hard to do so.

In the mean time we also see a younger Celestia and Luna, who are heroes in this time period like the Mane 6 are in their time period. While Luna is obviously the more physically competent and the fighter of the group, the people all love Celestia as she is the more pleasing looking one (maybe a kind of Hercules/Iolus issue) and as such Celestia is getting all of the credit even for the things Luna does (Luna makes the plans, sets the weapons and traps, trains the fighters, and confronts the enemies at the front line; while Celestia "leads the way").

While Twilight thinks that the map sent them back in time to fix Luna and Celestia's friendship before it breaks, some of the other ponies attempt to help Sonny with his issues. However, the map had actually sent them as a lesson for Twilight to realise that she was not responsible for every broken relationship (making her watch the disintegration between Celestia/Luna) and warns her of the perils of taking things too far in trying to "fix the world", slowly revealing Sonny is actually a young King Sombra; who became so obsessed with "fixing everything" that he pulls a Skywalker and creates an army to overpower the land so that it will be rebuilt in his image (going as far as utilising dark magic to "improve himself" while enslaving those who disagree with him to "fix them")

The story would cover morals such as "Pride in yourself" (possibly as taught by AppleJack to Sonny) and what to do if you realise you might be the problem (as experienced through the prideful loudmouth RainbowDash when confronted by Sonny's anger). Twilight would learn "What to do when the people you look up to are not as universally good as you believe them to be" (as she experiences Past-Celestia's pride (which Celestia would later drop after having to banish her sister)), she would find support from Sunset Shimmer here.

While the story would not cover their respective falls, the characters (Luna/Celstia/Sombra) are handled in such a way that you can see the thunderclouds on the horizon. Plus it can leave the question dangling on whether things would have happened the way they did had the Mane 7 not been there to try to fix things.

While epic in feel, I can't really see a overly happy happy ending. Perhaps a kind of mellow "it all turned out fine in the end" feel as Twilight goes to Luna and Celestia back in present time for hugs and kisses. However, perhaps Twilight would then return to the Crystal Empire and find where Sombra had been banished; finding a very weak Sonny and bringing him back for happy happy friendships.

This ending could then open up an extremely epic final episode of the entire series where the heroes of the present (Mane 7, Ponyville, Cadence+Shining) unite with the heroes of the past (Luna, Celstia (the Two Sisters), Discord, King Sombra) to perhaps fight the Nightmare entity or whatever Big Bad was active at the time.

Edited by Ruthborn
  • Brohoof 2

This is a storyline idea that is more for the show final.

It started of with the cutie map telling the main 6 to go to a particular tree in the everfree forest. Apon arriving princess celestia-luna-cadence and shining armour where there searching for what they said to be a entrance to a underground tunnel complex that span all over equestria. Then pinky pie pressed a invisible button on the tree that then opened up and scanned them. The laser then ternd green and opend a secret ramp that wheat Down into a secret room. In the secret room was a lift that was open. When they entered the lift the doors closed and the screen said the following: _PORTING TO FLOOR 3796-PRIMARY SECRET PROJECTS LAB_

...PLEASE WAIT...

The lift then started moving down and it sounded like a jet engine. When the lift stopped and the doors opened they walked down the main hallway and saw a strange company sign with a wired logo that looked like princess celestia's face and the company name Was CELESTIAL LABS.INC. princess celestia said she had nothing to do with the lab so they just continued on. They eventually got to a door that said: SYSTEM CONTROL ROOM STRICTLY ATHERIZED USERS ONLY. But then before moving on the door opened and there he was. Techno Universal greeted them and explained the truth of who they were and what was going to happen. He said that his evil brother Herobrien was coming to equestria and they could not fight him off without his help.

I will end it here for now as it is getting a bit long.

We need another three Rarity episodes:

Rarity goes to Manehattan V: The Tasteless Strike Back!

Rarity opens up a slightly smaller boutique in a slightly smaller city!

Rarity and Sweetie Belle have a totally episode-worthy argument about doilies!

Another episode about Rainbow Dash being a jerk, because one can never have too many of those! Gotta evolve her character! Gotta write fast!

An episode about Twilight that is actually about Starlight!

Starlight saves the world: The Episode!

Starlight saves the world again, but this time with Luna!

Help! My Daughter's a Changeling!

Inexplicably Sunset Shimmer!

Did I miss anything?

I think you they should have an episode that explains why spike has no wings, and maybe possible will get them.

they should try doing a episode explaining how zecora got there, and is there more zebras, and where are they. So pretty much zecoras point of view and other stuff.

for season 7 or 8 you should make a new villan, maybe like a demon pony. This villan can make other ponys do what he/she wants. Maybe their would be a back story with this villan and luna. In flashbacks they would show that they were great friends, but luna pushed him/her away, and  he/she didn't know why and got angry at that. In the flash backs it would also be awsome if luna's and celestias parents were in there, and that might have a connection of why luna pushed him/her away.

To get revenge on luna, he/she comes to equestria and destroys things to get attention. Once they figure out about the disaster they check it out, and luna has to explain what happens.

• Brohoof 2

I Would Absolutely Love To See An Long Epic Episode Where The Mane 6 Turn's Into Nightmare Versions Of Themselves...You Know Like Nightmare Moon. It Will End With An Epic Fight Against Them And All Of The Princesses. If They Do Make It Hasbro Should Call It The Nightmare Before Equestria! :D

Another Episode They Should Make Where All Vilians Return And They All Fight To See Who Is The Best And Strongest Villian Of All. Nightmare Mion, Queen Chrysalis, King Sombra, Discord, Tirek, And They Should Throw In Starlight Glimmer Before She Became Friends With Twilight. If They Do Make It Hasbro Should Call It Boss Blitz. :D

What Do You Think?

Spike and Starlight having simultaneously episodes, like while Twilight and the others are off to somewhere Spike and Starlight is having adventures of their own.

Dragon Lord Princess Ember coming to see Twilight and Spike, possibly giving Twilight a piece of information of Dragons for her Dragon Book.

A Zecora episode, possibly showing that she and Daring Do know each other, along an adventure with the Main Six and Spike.

You mean like a map episode? I think this would be a neat idea, since we don't see Twi and Dash on their own all that much. I'd also like to see another Applejack & Fluttershy episode, preferably a map episode.

We're already getting an AJ/FS map episode this season. That just leaves TS/RD, and judging from what we've learned from SDCC, it seems obvious where they're going, though it ain't the Badlands.

But the shadowbolts don't exist :P

It would be cool if she FORMED them though.

If they exist in Equestria Girls, they have the potential to actually happen in FiM. Who knows, maybe LD could've gotten the idea from RD's stories while they were hanging out.

I want an episode where somthing (ie Discord) makes the mane 6 switch personalites with each other.

For example, Rainbow Dash becomes meek and Fluttershy wants to start doing dangerous stuff, or Applejack starts to think about how good she looks on the farm and Rarity lose intrest in fashion :o

And maybe even Twilight starts to focus more on parting then studing, and Pinkie Pie wanting to read and study more than she wants to make cupcakes and throw parties.

Also, it would be interesting to see Luna and Celestia switch identities, Luna becomes the Princess everyone adores, while Celestia is treated slightly in fear and mistrust like Luna is.

So, Magical Mystery Cure 2?

For what I want, I would love an episode similar to Dungeons and Discords, but with card games instead. Something like Spike going to a Yugioh tournament, or maybe an episode where Zecora goes back to wherever zebras come from in Equestria.

Edited by Dr.Egoshire

The Road to Canterlot: Diamond Tiara runs away from home and decides she wants to live with Princess Celestia in Canterlot. Silver Spoon chases after her in an attempt to bring her back home.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I know there's been too much Rainbow Dash going on the show lately but I had this episode idea for her. What if this episode was about how Rainbow Dash acts too arrogantly so she learns her lesson the hard way so she mellows out but goes way too far and begins to have self-esteem issues as she doesn't know how to distinguish arrogance and being confidence and she's somewhat wired to think arrogance is confidence and be unable to see that they are different and that's the main issue in the episode.

For arrogance vs. confidence, see "Magic Duel."

• 3 weeks later...

At this point we've seen episodes where there's been ponies that fawn over Princess Twilight. The fillies and colts in the CMC class adored Twilight for instance. I would think aside from Rainbow Dash's fan club there should be a Twilight Fan Club.

There's actually multiple episodes that can be produced from this group.

1. Episode involving Twilight's number one fan and head of the Twilight Fan Club

2. Episode where the Twilight Fan Club are not just her fan club but are practicing and spreading the message of Friendship but are doing it wrong and Twilight has to step in to stop them.

3. Episode where the Twilight Fan Club competes against the Rainbow Dash Fan Club. Twilight and Rainbow Dash are roped into it and in the beginning they find it cute and pretend they're going along but suddenly they keep hearing the criticisms both clubs have on the opposing sides get really competitive themselves and become the problem themselves.

4. Twilight's Fan Club gets in her way of solving problems and cause a mess in Ponyville

• Brohoof 2

Heya @@cider float, since your thread's discussing episode ideas, it's been merged with the "Your Episode Ideas" thread. :)

I like your ideas. The third one you listed is my favorite, and I could see it having a moral along the lines of "don't go crazy about defending your idol". Considering the "fandom wars" or "X is better than Y" that I often see around the internet and in real life, it'd be a neat moral idea. :P

I've got a good idea for an MLP episode.

One of the mane characters like Starlight Glimmer takes a role to help staff members on a social media website. She then found out there are videos containing hate on some ponies which she doesn't like so she came up with some policies which she thought could help solve the situation. But then, little did she know things are going to go from bad to worse. It's kinda like what YouTube's been going through lately.

• Brohoof 1