Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lady Rarity Pony

Aylin- apperantly it's more commonly a girl name, and has orgins from Greek, Hebrew, Persian, but the origins are only for the males with that name

Monserrat- and it basically means a mountain in Spain xD origin is obviously Spanish xD

and my ehhh last name.....

Concha- it means Conception (lolwut?) and origin is Spanish

Edited by Pinkazoid

François is my first name, pronounced fran-swah, it's meaning defined as either "Frenchman" or "free man." Not sure what the implications of that are, the most I can twist it as is that I consider myself somewhat freed of inhibitions. I find most things in life to be free for the taking for those who choose to rise to the occasion, no matter what the status quo might be. Sappy stuff, yeah, but it's pretty "free" sounding.

Vincenzo is my middle name, meaning "conqueror."

Fico is my last name. It means "fig" literally and, for whatever reason, is a colloquialism for "cool guy" in adolescent Italian society.

I got "the free figman who conquers" out of all that. Say, would you consider yourself as such?

Edited by Devin Dash McCourty

The meanings of my names:

First name: Tumultuous

Second name: Gift of God

Last name: Unknown...

Tumultuous gift of God...

Edited by mister_pigeon

First name: Michelle

Origin: French/Hebrew

Meaning: Who is like God.

Middle name: Annette

Origin: French/Hebrew

Meaning: Grace; Favor

Last name: Lee

Irish: reduced Americanized form of Ó Laoidhigh ‘descendant of Laoidheach’, a personal name derived from laoidh ‘poem’, ‘song’ (originally a byname for a poet)

Edited by PeachPalette

You got me wondering and this is what I came up with, though to be fair not a lot of thought went into my name.

Sergio: It is of Latin origin, and the meaning of Sergio is "servant, attendant".

Adrian: It is of Latin origin, and the meaning of Adrian is "from Hadria". Place name: Hadria was a town in northern Italy, which gave its name to the Adriatic Sea.

Sanchez: Sanchez is a patronymic surname derived from the given name Sancho, meaning "sanctified."

Torres: A name given to a person who lived in or near a tower, from the Latin "turris."

I won't tell you my full name.

Geoffrey: Germanic means Peaceful Place or Peaceful Traveler.

My other names: middle Irish means Handsome. Surname Germanic means Saved.

My name means... Well, I don't know for sure. It varies. Sometimes 'admirable', sometimes 'rival', and I originally saw it mean 'artistic'. I haven't seen that definition in forever, though.

Middle name means 'crowned with laurel'.

Dylan - Dylan and Dylane were the Welsh god and goddess of the sea. Some Welsh cultures have used the word Dylan to just mean "of the sea".

Thomas - Of Aramaic origin meaning "twin".

Nihiser - Derives from the name Neuhauser, literally meaning someone who lives in a new house.

So I am the "twin of the sea that lives in a new house."

Now Nihiser is my adopted name, my blood related family's last name is Ducheneaux. The Ducheneaux family has all its origins dating back to France. Eventually they came over to the United States to fur trade with the Native Americans. The Native Americans got a long really well with the french, so some chap named Napoleon Ducheneaux knocked up an Indian Woman and it eventually got down to me.

Ducheneaux means from what I have been told, "strong like the oak."

Esme - "beloved". It's French but, I'm not sure when it was first used. My parents got it from "For Esme - With Love and Squalor."

Frances - "from France". It's derived from Francesco, which was a name that was basically created to celebrate France after an enthusiastic tradesmen began trading with them!

Cope - It was the given name to someone who made capes or cloaks.

My name has a lot of links with France, it's just a shame that I don't! :)

My surname is Smythe. It basically means the same as smith, so metal worker.

I'm pretty proud of my first name. Its Alexander. Its ancient Greek in origin and means 'Protector of Mankind'. Awwww yeah.

• Brohoof 1

Raven - it's a bird, bro. but I was named after the pro wrestler in the 90s. :s

Cheyenne - the native american tribe.

Franklin - idk :S

Legal name: James. I don't know why this is a family name, but I am the 3rd one on my dad's side of the family though.

The name I go by though, and that most people besides family know me as, is Bear. Every time I ever had a nickname, it usually involved me being some kind of bear. Apparently, a lot of people think I look like a bear -the animal, that is- (I'm kind of short at 5'7, broadly built, with long hair and a beard). I love being outside, especially in the woods (I love the Appalachian mountains). One of the only differences between actual bears and myself, is that most bears are omnivores, while I am a vegetarian (though pandas are vegetarian). I also like having a name that reflects the connection I feel with nature, and the region I love so much.

My name on here, reflects 2 of my favorite fandoms. Doctor Who fans are called Whovians, and I wanted to adapt that to MLP. :)

My name's a finnish fell. My second name is a variation from the "Mary" and my third is a female variation from the name "Wilhelm". Yup, I have three names and a surname - it means "hard of hearing", lol.

Cannot give out my full name - I have enemies (not in this forum, but they are out there).

My first name is Mauricio. This is derived from Latin Mauritius so there is a version of it in just about every language derived from Latin, e.g. Maurice (English), Moritz (German).

It means "dark-skinned, Moorish." My name amuses me to no end because my mother is afraid of black people. I love the irony.

So, when I think of my name, this is what comes to mind:

Posted Image

And I could not be prouder.

Full name: Peter Alexander Lyneborg Mouritzen. Eeeyup, if you thought "daaaang son! that's one long bucking name!" then you're right! it's abit a pain in the plot sometimes but well, anyways!

Peter derived from the greek name "petros" meaning stone and stands for being strong in faith. Yep pretty awesome name, my father is named peter, so was my grand-dad and he's dad before him.

Alexander is also of greek origin and means "mans defender/warrior" or "protector of mankind" as kyreth said it which sounds so much cooler btw.

Lyneborg is my middle name i suppose, it's a very old name running through my family and comes all the way back from a german castle something something, i dont remember all what my mom told me back then. but she told me, in theory, if we went to authorities with it or something(whatever it's called in denmark) we could claim the title "Von" which is kind of cool i suppose but i dont like the way it would sound, "Alexande von lyneborg" nopenopenopenopenope it actually sounds stupid >.>

Mouritzen... i think it's just a normal surname/last name thingy from my dads side of the family, booooooooring! xD

all in all im pretty damn proud of my name B)

• 6 years later...

My first name is Lauren...my mom named me after her favorite actress Lauren Bacall, which is so flattering to be named after someone so sophisticated and beautiful as her. :mlp_proud:

And my middle name, Anne, is after my cousin with the same name. 

First name is Summer. It's not a cold season with snow and rain and hibernating animals. Middle names are for chumps. Last name is mispronounced a lot by everyone, unless if you live in Italy

So my full name is "Summer mispronounced a lot by everyone, unless if you live in Italy."