Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If some scientist was selling real My Little Ponies would you buy?

cider float

Let's say there's a scientist that found a way to make the My Little Ponies. And I'm talking about the ones directly from the show just that they were made from labs.

So they don't look like this:

pony_running_free1.jpg

They look like this:

pinkie-pie.png

They made unicorns, earth ponies and pegasi. They talk and are sentient.

Each costs about $10,000 dollars more including other modifications.

There is a special "My Little Pony Control Unit" branched with the police though that will make sure ponies don't cause too much problems and you have to sign a waiver that any problems the ponies cause will be taken into responsibility by the owner (you).

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 4

How exactly would that work? Would it be like "Too many Pinkie Pies" or would they be changelings that could change into anypony because you might need more than a police branch to handle that a military branch would be better. But as long as I get my Dashie if Pinkies wreck everything I will be fine. XD

• Brohoof 1

Not sure making and selling creatures that can think and act just like us would be authorized.

Anyway, I wouldn't buy one because it's too expensive.

• Brohoof 2

Not sure making and selling creatures that can think and act just like us would be authorized.

Anyway, I wouldn't buy one because it's too expensive.

I know it sounds unreasonable but since normal ponies of standard breed costs up to 8000 dollars I thought $10,000 dollars for a technicolor talking sentient pony would be close enough.

• Brohoof 1

Noooo thank you! I do not condone the creation and selling of sentient beings, for that is human (or, I guess, pony) trafficking! If anything I would start reporting this for the scientist to halt the 'production' of sentient beings and then attempt to have those that are here have some sort of independent thought. That and if a sentient being can be sold that thinks and talks for itself, how is it not a precedent for other thinking and talking things?

Basically, please no. I like my technicolor ponies on my television and my computer, and if we find said technicolor ponies hanging out on a planet somewhere, then awesome I can still cuddle one, but I am not supporting a mad scientist creating sentient life and then selling them like puppy dogs. Good day to you sir.

• Brohoof 5

Hmmm, I guess that would depend... if they are bio-organic beings, then no. Morally to me, buying a being that is self-aware and intelligent is wrong.

But... say... if they are synthetic... God save the ponies.

:(:angry: THE ROBOTS ARE COMING, THE ROBOTS ARE COMING! :(:angry:

my-little-pony-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%

• Brohoof 4

I think that would be slavery. I would prefer if they were more like dogs, and I would choose a Flutters look-alike, as she won't mind being a pet 

• Brohoof 1

I'd turn it on its head. I'd commission a 'Rarity' and give her her freedom. I would then, knowing her as being entrepreneurial, invest in her business, maybe even work for her. I have confidence I would make my money back with interest, as well as making a wonderful friend...literally and metaphorically :D

• Brohoof 2

Well, I don't like the idea of this scientist selling them like livestock.

That being said, since we're speaking hypothetically here, if I had the money to do so, I would possibly make that purchase - but that's where the "ownership" part would end for me.  

I'd offer them the option of staying with me, but I would effectively allow them to be free.  No leashes, no commands, not even a requirement for them to remain; I would allow them to do as they please from the moment we stepped outside the lab.  Sure, it'd be fun if they decided to stay, but ultimately it would be their choice.  A considerably small sum of cash for another being's freedom?  Yup, that would be me.

Of course, I'd offer my friendship.  Because friendship is... well, YOU know.

• Brohoof 3

There's something interesting about the morality of this situation.

Yes, it seems wrong to consider buying and selling a sentient being as an object or a pet. That was my initial thought, and I completely, wholeheartedly agree. My gut instinct tells me that this is very, very wrong; I should probably avoid considering it at all.

But, here's the catch. If this doesn't happen, then these ponies are never created and they never exist. You have to consider what the alternative is here: they either exist and are sold to (hopefully) loving and caring homes, or they don't have any chance of ever living at all. Which is worse is a matter of perspective.

• Brohoof 2

I would say i buy one  :pinkie:

But then again, you cant buy friends...so there is chance that you and your pony wouldnt get along very well.

Also, if they act like humans, wouldnt they want to have their own freedom and choose for them selves with who to live? Its their life. Also creating them to be housepets...wouldnt that be kind off slavery and just being wrong?  :ooh:

I mean i wouldnt mind them starting a revolution and overtrow the humans. I guess the world be then a better place  :lol:

But we also all would be dead then...so there is that. I just hope if they start a revolution, that their are only fighting against bad humans, than im totally ok with this  :lol:

I wouldn't buy one cause that would be like buying a person  :sunny:  if they were like they are in the show they wouldn't be property. But I would TOTALLY hang out with Pinkie Pie, if she wanted to!!

:pinkie: Who wouldn't want to party with Pinkie?! :pinkie: 

She's the pony that knows everypony. :adorkable: 

• Brohoof 2

Buy? You can't, like, buy, a person maaaan. They've got feelings too. 

No, but seriously, it would just be an aberration of nature. They wouldn't really BE My Little Ponies, they would only have a cheap facsimile of one. They would have the appearance of Rarity and Pinkie Pie, but none of their personality because they do not have the same experiences as the real ones. 

Edited by Dinos4Ever
  • Brohoof 2

Nope. I'm not really interested in taking care of a pony with a personality. A pet relationship is different I believe, and I already have a cat which I consider my daughter. I'll pass. Also I could invest that money or something else...

• 2 weeks later...