Is It OK For Guys To Cry? [Please Read OP First]

Jonny Music

So the question still remains...  

19 users have voted

1. 1. Is it really OK for guys to cry?

• Yes of course it is.
    • Yes? No? Maybe???
    • No, it isn't. They should toughen up.
    • Other (please explain in a post with some additional detail)

I learned the hard way that bottling up your emotions poisons you whether you’re male or female. If you need to cry go ahead and cry. It takes a stronger person to acknowledge something is wrong and release emotion than it does to pretend everything is cool when it isn’t.

• Brohoof 3

Yes but I don't think it's good idea for either men or women to be too sensitive and cry all the time over the slightest thing.

I'll admit that I do cry sometimes but I won't do it in front of anyone as it's not seen as the done thing and a sign of vulnerability so I just bottle it up till I'm alone.

• Brohoof 1

As an obvious answer, yes it is okay for anyone to cry if needed too.

For me, I don’t like making a scene so I tend to take it somewhere else or try to bottle it up. I mostly cried when I’m emotionally upset.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/26/2015 at 5:51 PM, Jonny Music said:

Do you think it's ok for guys to cry? Please be thoughtful and don't make your answers too shallow

Some men never cry. No matter how emotional the situation is. I find them scary somehow, like they don't have a soul. Know this for a fact (that they don't cry) makes me wonder if it is a biological thing. No one has 100% control of their emotions, no one.

• Brohoof 1

This is  a grey are thing.

Honestly, I say yes but not too much.

There are times where breaking down is ok. Crying is a biological mechanism to relief stress anyway. But crying about small things, now that's a no no that should be applied to both sexes.

Everypony should toughen up to a point, without losing their capabilities to express their steongest feelings.

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, flurry said:

No ya weakos 

Nah jus joking it's fine if its healthy crying that's good for your health. constantly crying might not be a good sign though 

Yeah, no one wants to end up like this kid:

9F3E0845-B961-4B48-AEB1-1BD2D992728C.gif

• Brohoof 3

There's nothing wrong with crying. It's a normal human function that's necessary for a healthy mind and emotional state. It doesn't mean a person (male or female) should be sobbing 'round the clock or using it to gain special treatment, but when it's necessary, go for it. 

• Brohoof 3

100% okay! I'm even okay with others doing it when I'm around, because I love to help. But I personally wouldn't do it in front of others, because showing any strong emotion is embarassing to me. :blush:

• Brohoof 1

On 8/26/2015 at 7:51 AM, Jonny Music said:

Do you think it's ok for guys to cry?

Crying is a natural reaction to a wide multitude of things. It shows happiness, sadness, anger- and to hold it in causes many mental health problems. People should be allowed to express themselves as needed and if they need to cry- let it happen! W have tear ducts for a reason.

• Brohoof 1