Is It OK For Guys To Cry? [Please Read OP First]

Jonny Music

So the question still remains...  

19 users have voted

1. 1. Is it really OK for guys to cry?

• Yes of course it is.
    • Yes? No? Maybe???
    • No, it isn't. They should toughen up.
    • Other (please explain in a post with some additional detail)

crying is something both men and women do no matter how hard men try to hide their emotions... it is perfectly fine for a man to cry about something... not all men are tough as nails I know I'm not...

• Brohoof 2

ABSOLUTELY NOT

Men cannot cry because they're men and men don't cry unless it's the sexy single-tear cry in a movie. This is only okay in movies because movies aren't for real like the real world. Could you imagine what would happen if men were allowed to cry like women?! Society would become a more accepting place! (The horror!) Men that cry are a disgrace to their traditional-viewing family, peers, and country! I'd even go as far to say that they're the scum of modern society! If those men were to teach their sons or nephews that it's okay to cry and to talk about their feelings I'd be like "Good stinkin' job!" because it's important for boys to express themselves as much as girls so they don't grow up depressed. So good job ruining society men that cry!

• Brohoof 2

I think it's perfectly normal and fine for a guy to cry, my boyfriend cries and it shows he's human and not a emotionless robot. I don't think guys shouldn't cry, but they don't show it as much as girls.

• Brohoof 3

Of course, it's okay for men to cry. Whenever I go through the stages of grief I tend to be in depression stage, crying more than anger.

As Fluttershy have said in that recent episode about Rainbow Dash having to go through winter without Tank, "Rainbow Dash will never get past this unless she lets it all out!"

• Brohoof 3

Of course we can. It's a natural process that every human goes through. Despite what the movies say, men aren't emotionless shells. Crying's seen as being weak. I see it as being strong. People that cry in public often don't care about what other people think about them at that time. That's strong to me.

If being a real man means not being able to cry, I don't want to be a real man.

• Brohoof 3

There's a trend where men are more emotionally detached than women are, so there's that.

Whether or not, we class it as socially acceptable? Well, it depends. People are more self conscious these days, but I guess its fine to let it out at some point. Most of us would understand what that person is going through anyway. :P

• Brohoof 2

It's okay to cry and be emotional, regardless of your gender. But it's really annoying if you're crying all the time and constantly complaining about spilled milk. In cases like that I think it's appropriate to tell someone to "man up" and stop being such a wimp. As a reality check to make him pick himself up.

Edited by Winterbass
  • Brohoof 2

We make tears for a reason. Nothing wrong with letting out emotions, as long as you're not being childish about something.

I cried in early June because I imagined that my friend had died... he didn't, of course; he's alive and well. I just got worried and literally wept as if I had already received the bad news!

I essentially went into mourning over a fear. lol.

• Brohoof 2

Please be thoughtful and don't make your answers too shallow. Because this question can be answered in many ways.

No it can't. Everyone decides themselves whether they think it's okay or not and that's pretty much all there is to it.

What I mean is, of course people will have different opinions on the matter but neither of their opinions are law.

..And even if that was the case, everything is relative. Laws aren't the ultimate judge of what is right or wrong anyway. Laws are just made by other people with opinions of their own.

I personally couldn't care less about showing strength and all that bs so of course I think it's okay.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, it is. I personally have been through a lot of hurt and pain in my life. For the longest time I used to bottle my emotions up, only for it to hurt me more than it was worth. I found that crying and letting my emotions out really helped to cope with things. There is an emotional side to it, as many have previously discussed in terms of showing emotion and being human. It's also important, like I said, to let that emotion out. If anything, a man is stronger if he cries and shows that emotion, or to put it another way, it's more manly for a guy to cry.

• Brohoof 2

I think guys crying should be fine so long as it's not melodramatic and excessive. Every person needs some time to be sad and to express it some way. It's certainly better than penting up anger and regretting it after unhealthily letting it out.

• Brohoof 2

I cried when i woke up in a hospital, after 2 days being unconcious, and noticed that i AM still alive.

Oh, and after i saw, that there was a blood bag.

Blood-donating is important mkaaay?

ö_ö Since this day, i never hold back tears anymore.

Life is awesome.

• Brohoof 3

YES. They must show their emotions. What would a man be without it. A real man is one who shows compassion and love. Men don't always have to be "tough". We've got the wrong definition of a "man" here. A man isn't someone who acts tough, which hides who they really are. No! A true man is one who empathizes and has a heart for others. 

A man can cry when he's sorry. A man can cry when he's sad. And a man can cry tears of joy. This does NOT make them a wuss. It shows the world that he has a heart, a heart for others. 

• Brohoof 2

well. yes. guys are still humans, we still have emotions.( i mean... I cry from time to time, for stuff like being yelled at, pain.... emotionally hurt) if we don't... then... we aren't human.. .are we...? :ooh:

Edited by KrazyDashie
  • Brohoof 2