Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do think of your pets

swordsman

I have 2 dogs. Dog 1 is a *insert breed here* (I actually don't know what breed he is) named Buddy (AKA doge). He's pretty much my brother's dog. He acts as an alarm that isn't calibrated correctly, meaning he barks a lot when someone comes up to the house.

I rate him 10/10.

Dog 2 is a Shih Tzu named Macy (AKA doge-in-training). She is still a puppy,  so she is absolutely adorable, and for that, 10/10. 

• Brohoof 1

*sigh* Here I go again...

~DOGS~

-Brandy, deceased. I was born and raised with this gentle and loving black chow mix. She died a few years ago to old age. Although I knew it was her time to go, it still hurt when I no longer came from school to see her.

-Copper. He's a purebred bloodhound I got when I was seven-ish. He's kinda old now and he is normally unaware of his weight and drools a lot. I don't mind though. He's very gentle once you get to know him.

-Sniffles. He's a heinz dog, meaning he is a mix of over fifty breeds of dogs. We just call him a retriever mix because its easier. We adopted him from the ASPCA, when he was rescued from a death shelter. When we got him, he was pathetic and barely moved the whole way home. When we got home however, his excitable and hyper tone came out. Now, he is a very loveable and happy dog, though he is afraid of loud noises and stuffed animals.

~CATS~

-Puddy, deceased. She was my dad's cat that he found living in a alley in the city. She was a kitten then and he had adopted her when her mother and siblings couldn't be found. Although being very young when this beautiful tortoiseshell passed away, I still remember her watching over me like a second mother and constantly coming into my room to check up on me.

-Dommom, deceased. My mom's cat. Her real name is Domino but me and my cousins called her Dommom for short. This russian blue had a bad reputation. She could basically kick anybody's ass if she wanted to. And she was VERY grumpy. She did let me pet her from time to time though and she wasn't as mean to me as she was to pretty much everyone else.

-Daisy, deceased. My first cat I got when I was four. She was a mostly white calico cat that liked to sleep behind my TV and gaming consoles. She did not live very long though. I do not remember all of the details but she had some sort of a heart problem/attack and I decided to put her down to end her suffering. It still hurts even to this day. She was such a friendly kitty.

-Boo. Simple name. He's a black cat and a former stray. He is a very gentle and curious guy, liking to lick whoever he meets and constantly interested in other cats. We let him go outside and inside before to both see his sister, Tiki, and to just be outside. Then someone shot his front leg with a BB gun and his crippled leg remains in the same position. He feels no pain and he never lets it slow him down.

-Tiki. Tabby who is Boo's sister and Scrat's mother. She quiet and kinda fat. She spends most of her time sleeping or sitting on someone. She's a pretty simple cat. She was originally a stray and only came into the house because she trusted her brother, Boo. She used to also go outside everyday. Well, until she gave birth, and then she never left.

-Scrat. A very weird black and white cat. This cat has known nothing but my house from the moment she was born. She's an attention seeker and will go to any lengths to get it. She meows loudly and follows you around. She even sits on top of the fridge or sleeps in the sink. She often sleeps with me when she feels like it.

-Snookie. She's a silky black cat and she weighs very little. She's mute. She cannot meow and it comes out like a gasp. It's adorable. She's sensitive and skittish and came into the house when my mom opened the door and she walked right on in. She never left from that point on. 

-Fudgie. A long-haired black smoke kitty who is literally afraid of everything. He is. He was a stray but my mom took him in when his mother disappeared. He is the half-brother of Carly. I don't get along with him very much since he's basically scared of me, but he will let me pet him if he's in a good mood.

-Patches. He's a white and tabby cat, and he's weird. I mostly call him Patchy, Patch, Patchells, and Gen-Gen. My mom calls him the Pirate or Geen-Geen. We found him a few years ago as a sick kitten on our doorstep when his father brought him there, knowing we would save him, on the fourth of july. He recovered and I had allowed him to lay on me and to pee on me at times. He now doesn't like to be held or cuddled. He does not meow or lay on anybody. He hardly looks up when called and if he does. He just stares. It's creepy. He is nice though. He does sometimes come into my room and let me pet him. He's very mischievous.

-Carly. This large tabby might as well be my kid, my brother, my spirit animal. He's my best friend and I love him with all my heart. He has a girl name, yes. I originally thought he was a girl as a kitten when I found him wandering around my backyard as a kid. I had petted him and the little kitten had followed me around the backyard until I picked him up. I tried to reunite him with his mother, but he refused to go with her. I adopted him then. He grew slowly into a large and heavy cat. He has a reputation of biting and he does but it's mostly gently. He's a very big softie and is always there for me when I need it. He rarely leaves my side. He follows me around, he sleeps on my floor or desk chair when I sleep or am awake to 'protect' me. He likes to knead my blankets and fall asleep on my pillows. And when I leave the house, he normally sits on my spot on the couch and sits these all day. Sometimes, he walks around in the middle of the night meowing because he forgets where I am. Once I wake up and pet him does he calm down. This cat means everything to me. He's dopey, clumsy, loveable, friendly, etc.

I also have a Turtle I call Squirtle and a bunch of stray cats that me and my mom feed like Chance and Hawkfrost, the ones I bonded with but eventually died. I am not naming all of them and I think I've written enough already.

• Brohoof 1

I've got a 2 year old dog @ who is my best buddy, a cat that is dumb as a bag of hammers, and a rabbit who puts Angel Bunny's antics to shame. Seriously, she will cut you. I love them all so much. They're so spoiled <3

• Brohoof 1

I think my rabbit is precious and cute.. even if she's a little mean! She's not mean to me but she breaks her toys and bites other people, with me she mostly just lays down on my lap, bullies me into petting her or runs around my feet!

• Brohoof 1

I love my little pooch. :wub: He's really cute, loves to snuggle, and has such a distinctive, spunky, little personality. The flip-side of that, though, is that he is also very strong willed and can be quite annoying sometimes, haha. Also, he is really clingy and has to be around someone 24/7. To be fair, though, he is the only dog -- so people are his pack, haha. :lol: But yeah, despite some slight annoyances, he's awesome. :)

Edited by Jaxsie
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

I like our family dog. :) She's sweet, though she's also a sneaky thing. She likes to see what she can get away with. :P

My dad doesn't like that though. Just today he said he's seriously considering getting rid of her, because she keeps pulling the ropes off of the Christmas decorations on our stairway. :(

I think my dogs are weirdos, but I love them anyway. <3

The little guy is really more my mom's dog. He's always up under her chair and follows her around. He's white and super fluffy, so I call him Mary's little lamb. :P

The big hound and I are attached at the hip. She's super affectionate and can read me very well. One quirk is that she prefers to lie on her back a lot and just stare up at the sky! I love her to pieces, we have a special connection. 

We had a cat and while i liked him, he can get aggressive at times but cute at times by just sleeping on the bed and eating, one thing that annoyed me is that he used to come into my room a lot and jump on my consoles which was annoying.

He died a few months ago sadly :(

Annoying little shits.

My cat's bearable because all she does is sleep all day, but my dog, Ollie, likes to bite everything and jump everywhere while barking constantly.

I have two dogs named Meadow and Bailey. Meadow has been around with me for over a decade, but she has never been a dog I really liked. I don't hate her, don't get me wrong, but she barks all too often and isn't all that playful.

On the flip-side, I absolutely adore Bailey. We've adopted him from a pound about seven months ago, and he as been such a welcome addition to the house. He's fun to play with, he is sensible, he behaves like a dog and best of all, he's absolutely fluffy. Of course, that means that we would have to groom him daily, but it's just fun interacting with a more upbeat dog.

And speaking of grooming, I guess part of the reason why I like Bailey more than Meadow is because I have more time to take care of a dog the proper way. Meadow is getting old and I've never had time to do things that could've benefited her, unfortunately. But with Bailey, he is still a pretty young dog, so I have the time to make him as happy and healthy as possible. It makes me glad that I've done things like volunteer at a dog daycare, because have I not known this stuff in the first place, I wouldn't love taking care of Bailey as much.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I think my pets are cute, but quite boring. They're goldfish (and one loach). I used to have a hamster, and I will hopefully get another one soon :squee: But, for now, I only have the fish. :) Of course, all they do is swim and eat. But I've grown rather attached to them :P

• 4 years later...