1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • THAT WAS AWESOME!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

So, okay, here's why the obvious mystery isn't actually a problem: that's not the main conflict. The actual source of tension in this episode isn't in finding who the culprit is, but in whether Rarity can uncover him, how she'll find the evidence, and whether Rainbow Dash will learn to trust her. Wind Rider's chuckle at the dinner tips us off to the fact that the mystery isn't the episode's focal point, and it's unlikely that Rarity will fail in exposing him, the episode only ever subtly hints at the connections she's made until she finally declares them. The moral is clear: trust your friends when they trust you. That's what this episode is about, and every scene revolves around that; Rainbow is constantly grumbling about Rarity's methods, while Rarity retains her composure and simply asks Rainbow to trust her. That's the backbone of everything here. The mystery is just window dressing. 

In the end, Rainbow acts on that to go contact Spitfire: Rarity didn't give up on her, so she won't give up on her boss. A good friend will help you when you really need it. 

100/100

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

This episode is okay. I only find the second act to be really entertaining. The rest is just set up and saying who the culprit is. It's not bad, but it is a bit dull. Not enough to take away from how great the actual investigating parts are, but it does make a great second act into a decent episode.

Score: 6/10

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not really a fan of this one. The plot itself was fine, but the jokes weren't funny for me. Also, Wind Rider's reaction to getting caught was so strange. It somehow felt so fake, and made the whole story feel staged.

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed this episode. My son didn’t like the black and white scenes.

Poor Rainbow Dash started thinking she did do it. 

I liked Rarity’s “heh heh” imitation. 

I also enjoyed that when Rainbow returned with Spitfire, Spitfire was the one out of breath. It’s a good show of how fast Rainbow naturally is.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

The third act is the weak link here. It's not bad, but it's pretty boring compared to the rest of the episode.

And as for that rest of the episode, it's pretty good. Obviously the detective stuff is the best part, but the set up still has some good jokes and has better dialogue than most episodes this season. The detective scenes are great. They look unique, there are a lot of great jokes, and it's a lot of fun to watch. The only thing holding those scenes back is that Rainbow can feel a bit whiney. Maybe it's a combination of her slightly annoying voice and how often she interrupts scenes. But that doesn't take away too much.

Score: 7/10

• 1 month later...

I love this episode. For me, it was the highlight of season 5 and it's one of my top faves in the whole series. I guess since I said The Saddle Row Review is third, this is fourth or maybe tied for third. Either way, they're both very enjoyable. It's a great showing for Rarity and a delight to see a happy Rainbow Dash spend time with Rarity in the beginning and her excitement when she first gets the news she gets to fly.

• 1 month later...

Great episode, I loved rainbows interactions with the bolts and rarity, it was predictable that wind rider did it however it was entertaining to see rarity work it out... very unique episode. 9/10

Also I loved the detail that spitfire was out of breath when she returned while dash was not.    

• 1 year later...

I very much liked the style of this episode. It was interesting to see Rarity being a detective in this one. I was hoping the one who had sent the letter was Lightning Dust, who had already been out of the area by the time her plan was set in place so she'd never get caught. What if it was Lightning Dust, and they found out it wasn't Rainbow Dash but it was still left as a mystery? I liked Spitfire's Mom. Windrider was an interesting character, I feel like he could have been made a bit more sinister. Maybe trying to kill Rainbow Dash and then in trouble for attempted murder but that would have been too dark for this show. Or, what would have been interesting is for Rainbow Dash could have been kicked out and Rarity went back on her own to prove her innocence. Still very interesting episode.

• 1 month later...

A very interesting and good episode for me.

I really like the interaction between the characters. The motivation for Wind Rider is good enough and it was nice met Spitfire's mother.

And of course RD way of awesome out in this episode xD

Rarity shines very bright in this episode :rarity: