Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friendship Games

WubBeast

The whole movie was focused on Sunset and Twilight putting the mane five in the background again.

well, the movie is about friendship and magic and friendship being magic, twilight is magic, but SciTwi aint magic so Sunset took over on that role, and they basically did a role reversal but not really since she switched with twilight instead of SciTwi.

ANYWAYS... thats what was supposed to happen

I'd.... rather watch the complete song in color. But, dude,,,, it looks like it would have been a really important piece of character information for sunset to be in the song.

im not gona go ramble 50 paragraphs so here's what i meant right now... as in next line right now

it would have shown that opposites and similarities of sunset and "SciTwi" asap. I mean, shown the conflict thing, or something.

I do not recall Sunset missing equestria in anything, but that was probably what i meant in the third line

Only reason I say that is she says "I know there is more because it's the life I once had. " i.e Equestria.

You know what really stood out to me in the Friendship Games? The lesser focus on the Mane 6. I appreciated how the story focused a lot more on other characters like Sunset, Sci-Twi, and Principal Cinch. If it were set on the Mane 6 again like Rainbow Rocks was, it just wouldn't be unique. I think the plot can get a lot more interesting if we look at other characters more often. At this point I'm just really familiar with the Mane 6 and would like to see more of other characters, and this movie did a good job of providing that insight.

I thought it was OK, as far as the EG films go, but not the best.

1. EG:RR

2. EG

3. EG:FG

I know I'm the odd man out for saying this... I loved the ending, it ties in canon-wise with the 2-part finally of season 5; The Cutie Remark.

• Brohoof 2

About this scene,

I don't think Spike the dog got the ability to talk.  Instead, I think he got mixed up with Spike the Dragon when he was running through those magic potals to Equestria and Equestrian Spike just handled the whole situation like a boss.

Fan service so far in this movie I've noticed.

Sunset Shimmer cleavage line in the opening credits.

Applejack midriff.

Drum major showing back end of leg when marching in place while facing the camera.

Sunset Shimmer front see-through skirt that shows a bit more leg.

Rainbow Dash in a skirt.

Twilight Sparkle's blown up skirt showing as much leg as possible.

Edited by Singe

Howdy all!

Cant wait for the DVD to Friendship Games next week.

(Great film BTW)

Interesting that the book for the movie is coming out this Tuesday.

While the DVD is coming on Oct 13TH)

I'll get that as well.

See ya!

I liked some of it but kinda thought the games themselves were really dumb for a plot point, I would have much rather been interested in something like a science fair cause that would have given a better reason for the human Twilight to have been there, though I loved Super Sunset Shimmer  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

i personally think this is the better movie compared to EG and RR but i felt that it was lacking something........ and when i thought about it i realized that this movie lacked a good villain, unlike EG where SS was a good villain ( i personally liked her bad girl image more) and RRs where 3 of the more memorable villains in all of MLP FIM universe and they are up there with discord, chrysalis and Zombra, FG just doesnt have a truly villain like villain, Principal Cinch didnt really strike me as a good enough villain..... a bad guy yeah but was lacking the Ooomph!! factor and Sci-Twi wasnt really much of a villain as she never had the intention of doing anything bad,

so yeah this movie was good, i loved the music and i loved and was abit weirded out at  the fact  that they gave the characters more sex appeal especially Sunset and Sci-Twis "final form" but the lack of a good villain just made the movie a good movie and not as great one

I posted this on "Sunset shimmer fan" page but I think i would like to put it here too. as I wanna se if anyone else are thinking the same about it.

Ok so here's my toughts about our sunny <3 and if she's to go back to equestria or stay in the human world.

When looking on the 3'rd movie and at the end sceene. where

Twilight comes rushing from the portal and talking about time travel loop.

Might be caused because now there is an imbalance betwen out world and equestria. In a comic I read with MLP FIM Celestia had just come back from an other mirror where her and Luna's evil conterparts wrecked havock. and whatever happend inside that mirror world had a direct effect on equestria.

So I'm thinking that if there now is 2 sunset "real and our pony <3" in the human world. the balance is causing timeskips and timetravel loops. and only posible way to fix it is for Sunset to return to Equestria.

I liked this movie :). I agree that it wasn't better than Rainbow Rocks, but it was still better than the first one. I wish we got to see the Shadowbolts more though; I was expecting them to have bigger roles or at least say more than just a few lines.

The movie also didn't spend as much time on the games themselves as I was expecting. It was more about human Twilight, which I guess was still nice but most of the hype had dealt with the games themselves.

About this scene,

I don't think Spike the dog got the ability to talk.  Instead, I think he got mixed up with Spike the Dragon when he was running through those magic potals to Equestria and Equestrian Spike just handled the whole situation like a boss.

I was thinking that myself while watching the scene.

With only three exceptions (combined) in the entire movie, in every scene where Trixie or Octavia appear in Friendship Games, they are hanging out together or having some sort of conversation. Are they friends?

0U9UFQc.jpg

eAgGdLm.jpg

nDOOq1K.jpg

4kxp3D3.jpg

beI3gyH.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Are they friends?

If they are then that's an odd match. I can't imagine how that might have happened. And that's just as friends. As for ships.... :blink:  

I really grew to like sunset shimmer a lot more than I did before

It's impossible not to. That tranformation of hers was magnifique.  :D

The whole movie was focused on Sunset and Twilight putting the mane five in the background again.

I getcha. But with such a large cast and limited time it was inevitable. I love what we got because I'm a big Twi and Sunny fan, but I could use some more of the other characters too. Perhaps an EqG series could address that.  ;)

well, the movie is about friendship and magic and friendship being magic, twilight is magic, but SciTwi aint magic so Sunset took over on that role, and they basically did a role reversal but not really since she switched with twilight instead of SciTwi.

ANYWAYS... thats what was supposed to happen

So basically they were just repeating the plot for EG1 

image.jpg?w=400&c=1

I got to watch this movie! After a week and a half of waiting to watch with my bro (who watched it without me anyways. Thanks, dude:okiedokielokie: ), getting up for work, getting stuff done around the house and a bunch of other obstructions, I finally got to see this. I wished it was in theaters, but seeing how much I enjoyed this is at home is a testament to how good it was. 

While it didn't have as catchy songs or as interesting villians as RR, FG felt like a more well rounded film. There was a bit of an emotional tension through out the film, and as mentioned a bit darker themes. People are complaining that a school event has BMX. I say, why the hell wouldn't you want your school to have a BMX contest? HS events are boring, especially in America. You want to wow the audience, go extreme! I know I wanna attend school in whatever country Canterlot High is in.

I'm not gonna repeat what's been said already, so I'll just sum up my views: I think this may just eb a hair better than Rainbow Rocks. To me, Rainbow Rocks was the type of film Bronies could enjoy. But Friendship games seems like a film a non-brony fan of animation could get behind as well.  

Did anyone notice how we didn't get any pony in this film, and it was still good anyways?

O.k. a lied. I will repeat what's already been said: 

Darklight Sparkle looks freaking awesome

tumblr_nvm7ln85l01s2l2ugo1_500.png

Now that that's all over with, I can finally stop avoiding spoilers and jump into the EQG:FG fanfare while it's hot!

See you all in the EQG section!

P.S.

midnight_sparkle_by_scobionicle99-d9bggz

• Brohoof 2

I'm not gonna repeat what's been said already, so I'll just sum up my views: I think this may just eb a hair better than Rainbow Rocks. To me, Rainbow Rocks was the type of film Bronies could enjoy. But Friendship games seems like a film a non-brony fan of animation could get behind as well.  

Yo, dawg, I liked your post, and imma let you finish, but does this mean you don't consider yourself a brony?

Just realized something. If Pinkie did this, that means that the Mona Lisa painting exists in that world.

sig-4140331.WYKOuFN.png

But that also means that Leonardo Da Vinci existed in that world too... but everyone in that world have names like the ones in Equestria. Nobody is going to have a normal name like "Leonardo" everyone has names like Spice Sugar, or Feather Basket, or whatever...

Could it be that the human world counterpart of Starswirl the Bearded was a painter/inventor during the renaissance... who painted the Mona Lisa?

I mean, look at them!

sig-4140331.En3WHKB.jpgsig-4140331.pQtrwPA.png

Edited by Persona22

Just realized something. If Pinkie did this, that means that the Mona Lisa painting exists in that world.

Pinkie pie has access to an unlimited amount i dimensions, for all we know she could have dreamed of our world the night before.

Just imagine the names of people like Kanye or Nicki Manaj or even Hannibal Lecter.