Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friendship Games

WubBeast

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I felt a split second of worry when Twilight was defeated.

The animation reminded me of the "death by disintegration" seen in DBZ.

CQ6FMXoW8AI2g31.png

Of course, they were never actually going to kill off the poor dear,

but for someone like me who watched anime like DBZ when he was young,

such a moment automatically makes me think "imminent death" XD

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I felt a split second of worry when Twilight was defeated.

The animation reminded me of the "death by disintegration" seen in DBZ.

CQ6FMXoW8AI2g31.png

Of course, they were never actually going to kill off the poor dear,

but for someone like me who watched anime like DBZ when he was young,

such a moment automatically makes me think "imminent death" XD

Very excited for your reaction of it tomorrow  :D

Due to life getting in the way, I fell way behind on pony content, and I was going to wait until I caught up to post here again, but I just finished Friendship Games and I couldn't wait to rave about how great it is!

This one is pretty different from the other two, but it worked out well for it. The rest of the Crystal Prep girls didn't get much characterization, but it let the writers flesh out Crystal Prep's Twilight and bring Sunset's arc to a wonderful conclusion. I did not expect this out of Friendship Games, but that's why it ended up becoming my favorite EqG movie to date.

yeah, it was not what i expected though 

but i loved the ending!!

I liked some of it but kinda thought the games themselves were really dumb for a plot point, I would have much rather been interested in something like a science fair cause that would have given a better reason for the human Twilight to have been there, though I loved Super Sunset Shimmer  :wub:

i agree!! like i said it was not what i expected though ...i just wish that hasbro would

had added ponies in the ending part :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 1

I really really enjoyed Friendship Games.

My favorite parts were Unleash the Magic and the entire climax, as well as when the humane 6 showcased their elements (but particularly Fluttershy's moment.

While I didn't like it as much as RR, I still think it's a really good movie. The magic seems more logical in this one than in RR, and I like the mirror it provides between the first movie and this one. Seems to tie in well with the whole 'mirror' theme of the EQG series as a whole too.

• Brohoof 3

While I didn't like it as much as RR, I still think it's a really good movie. The magic seems more logical in this one than in RR, and I like the mirror it provides between the first movie and this one. Seems to tie in well with the whole 'mirror' theme of the EQG series as a whole too.

I could have written that same post, word for word!

• Brohoof 2

Fist movie was 'meh', second 'hey, it's getting somewhere' and the last was a bomb.

Maybe it's because I really felt for Twilight, as I was kinda like her about 10 years back (to some extend - I'm still like that) - pretty much a nerd with no firends. And it really hit me in the feels. I couldn't get it out of my head for a week. A straight week! Elfen Lied, which is violently depressing (also, its both voilent and depressing) kept me really sad for two days, and I've watched the whole series on a single run. Most of the movies won't pull that on me no matter what. I'm a responsible and fairly sane adult, yet a kids show makes me depressed for a week. How did that happen? :confused:

• Brohoof 1

@@skyra

As a mega-thread for this very subjects already exists I will be merging this one with that one.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 1

Fist movie was 'meh', second 'hey, it's getting somewhere' and the last was a bomb.

Maybe it's because I really felt for Twilight, as I was kinda like her about 10 years back (to some extend - I'm still like that) - pretty much a nerd with no firends. And it really hit me in the feels. I couldn't get it out of my head for a week. A straight week! Elfen Lied, which is violently depressing (also, its both voilent and depressing) kept me really sad for two days, and I've watched the whole series on a single run. Most of the movies won't pull that on me no matter what. I'm a responsible and fairly sane adult, yet a kids show makes me depressed for a week. How did that happen? :confused:

Yeah I was noticing that while watching Friendship Games, that being that human Twilight is much like pony Twilight was at the start of the series.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure if RR or FG was better. This movie was way better then I expected! Human Twilight was awesome! Shadowbolts were amazing! The games were awesome! Transformationey Magic stuff was amazing! Human Twilight is my favorite EQG character now. And Midnight Sparkle (that's her name right?) is the best EQG villain. Unless Chrysalis or Discord comes.

• Brohoof 1

This is DA GEM! Just finished watching freshly-arrived blu-ray, right after rewatching EG 1 & 2. Turned out to be a solid trequel. I enjoyed it as much as I did previous installments. AND GOT MORE SUNNY, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Not sure about that world's Twilight. I felt really sorry about her, and then slightly confused during climax, but at the end of the day it worked out well. Also, that trotting ending XD.

P.S: my love still belongs to pony Twilie. This one:

twilight_sparkle_and_twilight_sparkle_by

P.P.S: If you ask me which one is best EG movie, then my answer...quite a close call...Rainbow Rocks  :P. Friendship Games is still great though!

Edited by Light Blade

I liked FG.. The Story was good, gave us more Shimmy :pinkie: and the Music was also good but i kinda wanted more songs with Sunset singing the majority of the song  :sunny:. In comparison to RRs. imo RRs had better music while FGs had better story as mentioned. This would be the 2nd best Movie out of the three movies that have been released. but FGs is very close to RRs  :comeatus:

:baconmane:

SPOILERS AHEAD (I don't know how to add the spoiler drop down button)

I was pretty disappointed with FG. Mainly because the two things I wanted to happen didn't happen. Human Twilight didn't meet Pony Twilight until the very end and I was hoping they would meet and team up in the actual story. Also, I wanted to see the Dazzlings again and Cinch was a pretty boring villain. FG felt like a routine rehash of the first EG film to me. Rainbow Rocks is my favorite.

SPOILERS AHEAD (I don't know how to add the spoiler drop down button)

I was pretty disappointed with FG. Mainly because the two things I wanted to happen didn't happen. Human Twilight didn't meet Pony Twilight until the very end and I was hoping they would meet and team up in the actual story. Also, I wanted to see the Dazzlings again and Cinch was a pretty boring villain. FG felt like a routine rehash of the first EG film to me. Rainbow Rocks is my favorite.

Yeah I also found Cinch to be rather boring.

By far the best of the EqG movies so far.

Actual human Twilight is adorable, Sunset is cool with me now, all the songs are really good for once... only one montage-over but it was done in a way cooler way than EqG 1's more awkward abundant ones, and nothing meant to enduce cringe like RR. No song in the cafeteria this time though which is fine lol, even though those were the best parts in the past 2 movies. Oh and Flash getting constantly shut down was also hilarious, they knew! :P

The Shadowbolt characters were kind of underdeveloped and one-note though, but there wasn't really any time for that, had some nice moments for them though. That evil principal was also kinda dumb at first but she got a cool villain song.

Had the most nuts power-level-cross-dimensional-magic stuff to date, I mean geez you wouldn't think any form of Twilight would literally go mad with power! Don't know how much closer these movies can get to destroying the world at this point since some serious cross-dimensional shot was happening... props to the animaters there, their most superb work yet if you ask me, that had to be tough.

...I'm just rambling at this point, so yeah I loved it and stuff. :please:

Yeah I also found Cinch to be rather boring.

She doesn't quite have any super-power, isn't magical, etc., but that's what makes her a good character. She is manipulative, despotic, wants to get what she wants no matter the cost. It is a warning to watch out for such people, as those are the kind you'll find in your real life. It reminds me of what someone said about villans in Harry Potter. While Voldemort is the most powerfull of them all, it is Umbridge who is the scariest. You won't find many people with incredible power who swore a vendetta against you, but in your life you'll find many who will abuse you, try to manipulate you and those are the ones you should worry about.

• Brohoof 2

I loved Friendship Games and can't wait for the 4th one(yes it has been confirmed). I just wish they would make a series of it already. Heck, I would settle for an Equestria Girls comic series.

• Brohoof 1

I saw this one two weeks ago and liked it a lot. Not as fun to watch as Rainbow Rocks to me, but still very well-written. I still didn't like how Flash Sentry had no personality, but at least they didn't try to force him into the story or pretend he was important. Also, we got to see Sunset Shimmer at her best. I find all of these movies to be great for what they are.

I'm also not surprised in the least that there's going to be a fourth since this movie set up mandatory exposition for another sequel with the other Twilight. :P

Edited by CloudMistDragon

this movie is awesome! My direct reaction after seeing this movie is like OMG OMG OMG I MUST WATCH THIS AGAIN and it also moved my feelings to Twilight when she held Sunset's hand  ^_^  ^_^  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

First of all I hope to be understandable. I'm not very good with the English language.

Frankly, I don't liked how was developed the plot and the various messages that developers wanted to convey through this animated movie.

Why the members of the Crystal Prep were not treated completely as antagonists? I don't think that the only antagonist present in this cartoon it's the principal Cinch.

What I mean is that, in the end, it seems that the fault was only of Twilight.

After all, if Twilight has used magic and became a sort of "Evil Sunset Shimmer II" (in Twilight version), it is the fault of the principal Cinch, but also bullies who were with her.

It seemed ridiculous to see how these bullies suddenly receive "enlightenment", changing their behavior in two seconds by automatically switching from the side of "good people".

Also it seems to me that Twilight was alone because no one considered her and no one treated her well.

I don't think she should have to apologize, or at least, the "lesson of life" would have to be directed mainly to those bullies. They should be the ones to apologize to Twilight and not only with a hasty word. Only after this, Twilight could possibly apologize for ... for ....... I don't know ... an excessive scientific curiosity ??!

The only positive note that I can do is the Jai Alai "outfit" realized by Rarity for Applejack. The Jai Alai is a sport that must not disappear and should be supported. And I am glad that developers have mentioned it indirectly through the "uniform".

264gqvc.png

I won't give it a full one review, but I think it was a great movie! Of course, I really love all of the characters, and the concept of two Twilights is very interesting. I know, it's been done before, especially with time-travel movies and stuff, but it will be highly interesting to see how this will all pan out in the Equestria Girls franchise. I've liked all of the EQG films so far, but Friendship Games was the second best (topped by Rainbow Rocks) in my opinion. Good songs, quite a cool story, but the ending wasn't all too impressive. Still decent, though!  :squee:

• Brohoof 1