Jeric

S05:E18 - Crusaders of the Lost Mark  

453 users have voted

1. 1. Sooo .... thoughts?

• No, I hated it! >:
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • Omygosh ... That. Was. Amazing!!! Loved it!

I really liked the episode. It even made me tear up at the end (a little).

The only problem I have are the cutie marks. Especially Apple Blooms'. It does not seem to match her overall color scheme. Plus with all three, the colors within the marks are so similar it looks cluttered from a distance. I think when the CMC are on screen in the future, I think their cutie marks will just be a purple blur unless they are up close to the camera.

On a positive future note, this actually allows for the CMC to further grow and develop. They basically have the same task as the Mane 6, but on a more personal level (not so much Friendship but knowing yourself). If we see more like Apploosa's Most Wanted, I highly look forward to more CMC!

• Brohoof 2

Anyone else getting the nagging feeling that things are wrapping up for the main six and the CMC? Like this is the last season of Mlp Fim? Cause I am. I really hope not tho.

Anyone else getting the nagging feeling that things are wrapping up for the main six and the CMC? Like this is the last season of Mlp Fim? Cause I am. I really hope not tho.

I think Season 6 is confirmed, at least. 

• Brohoof 3

People said that when Twilight became an alicorn, and obviously that wasn't true.  If anything, this change in the CMC has opened up a lot more doors for them; instead of just stories involving them bumbling around in vain trying to get their cutie marks, now they have all of Equestria to go out and help others either get their marks or learn what they mean.  I see a lot more potential stories from this from the CMC alone, and that's not even touching upon the possibilities of the Cutie Map yet.

• Brohoof 2

And then I was waiting for the Rarity and Sweetie Belle line that would be equally amazing but nope, Rarity didn't deliver because Rarity = worst horse.

That's... a little rude  :wacko: To be honest there was no way Rarity's line would be as inspirational as the others. Rainbow is not Scootaloo's sister but she acts like she is and Applejack mentioned the dead parents, what else could she have said to top that? Nothing, she was just proud of her sister, like the other 2.

"An adventure that never will end"

MLP is show that is willing to make big changes and still keep running. This opens a lot of posibilities to work in the future.

Although I have a few qualms with this episode, I actually teared up a little in the last song when the CMC were all talking to their respective sisters (or honorary sisters).

Rarity_singing_to_Sweetie_Belle_S5E18.pn

I also really liked how Silver Spoon finally stood up for herself, but I think they could have put more of her in the episode.

Other issues...Diamond Tiara's epiphany came sort of quickly. This episode spent a lot of time singing when they could have used it to solidify some more character development. It's really easy to tell who directed this episode. ^^' whoops I thought it was M.A. Larson. Scratch that. Anyways,--SPOILERS IMMINENT--

I've been thinking for a while now that the CMC would get marks relating to helping others, and I'm glad they did, but the design of each mark could have been a lot better. Edited to suit their colour schemes, bigger, etc. As they are right now, they're kind of...I dunno. Ugly. I think the CMC logo would have been nicer, like the one that's on their capes. It has a more interesting shape, and is less complicated looking, which is good, considering the small space they have to fit on.

Also, what was up with the glowing and floating? I almost thought they were gonna turn into Alicorns! :lol:

This episode, especially the last scene, kind of feels like the end of an era, which saddens me...but I'm still pretty happy with how it all turned out. Hopefully we'll get to see them in action again soon.

And the ending... Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo hit me right in the feels and my heart instantly melted. And as if that wasn't enough, Applejack had to mention her parents and make my heart evaporate instead. And then I was waiting for the Rarity and Sweetie Belle line that would be equally amazing but nope, Rarity didn't deliver because Rarity = worst horse.  

I actually really liked Rarity's line. Sure, she can't refer to any dead parents, like AJ, and sure, she can't affirm her role as "honorary sister" like RD, since she's actually Sweetie's sister, but what she said was...really perfect. I would probably cry if my older sister said this to me. ^^' It's just something that's really good to hear coming from someone you've looked up to all your life, because being a little sister usually involves a lot of being told your wrong and being nagged at and put down...so something as empowering as "You've inspired me" is really very touching.  :rarity: For me, at least.

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 4

I thought the episode was a great one, though at the same time I think it could have been a little better in some aspects. I know DT made a big change in her character this episode but part of me feels it was a rushed turn-around... Yes I know they only had oh so much time to cover the whole plot for the episode but seeing her get basically hoof smacked by her 'Friend' then having the same happen by way of her mother.. you would think she'd be a bit more resentful at her situation. Not just 'woe is me' about it.

Sure there is the whole half-hearted jabs at the CMC that were more to try and save face in her eyes. But I dunno.. it felt like at that point DT had already gone through her 'transformation' and was just putting up an act. I felt like the chase scene was more her trying to do something to make mommy dearest happy rather than what she wanted.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's just my two bits..

Overall I think it was a great episode especially the ending bits where everyone gets to see just HOW MUCH Diamond Tiara had changed in such a short time. And the CMC figures out what they were meant to do. So many times before in the series when they were helping other ponies did it seem like they were on the verge of getting their cutie marks but then they did something silly to ruin the moment. It's good to see them finally realize what many fans already knew about them. And it's nice to see the town's reaction to their new marks. Especially the sisters. I wonder if the CMC will get called upon by the Princesses in the future. A whole new door has opened for the series.

Sunset Daisy

• Brohoof 1

Am I dreaming? Did the Crusaders really get their Cutie Marks at last? Did Silver Spoon stand up for herself, and did Diamond Tiara finally change all in one miraculous episode? I almost can't believe it. I've been waiting for three years to see this.

You could tell when a song started in the first minute that it would be a musical episode, and I think that was the right choice. There would have been too much ground to cover otherwise. And it helps that all the songs are amazing.

The playground equipment still hasn't been repaired since the Tirek fight?! Celestia, you've got some explainin' to do.  :sunbutt:

Quickest election ever and the right pony won. And now comes the fallout. Silver Spoon rejects her unequal friendship with DT, which is my personal favorite moment of the episode because it's something I could only dream of in the past. I'm so proud of best filly!!!  sig-4159019.spoonsmiley_zpsgrb39fjn.png

DT's mother finally being shown (everypony simply assumed she was dead) is another stunner, though her snobbish attitude isn't. DT had to get it from somewhere. The CMC can't simply leave DT hanging, and now that her hold over the playground is broken, they encourage her to change. Forgiving her for the bullying isn't even an issue; the focus is squarely on Diamond herself, and how if she is happier, her peers will be too. I can't argue with that.

In the end Diamond makes the right decision, and we have a moment with the CMC that will be talked about forever. That's pretty awesome. I have mixed feelings about them all getting basically the same mark; when your purpose in life is simply to help others, doesn't that make for a tenuous identity at best? I guess we'll see how it works out. The part with Rainbow, AJ and Dash congratulating them is heartwarming and essential.

A near-perfect episode that in one fell swoop has changed all of filly-related canon. I loved it.  :squee:

• Brohoof 3

The playground equipment still hasn't been repaired since the Tirek fight?! Celestia, you've got some explainin' to do.

Celestia just goes in and pays up for the damages? What about the bureaucracy? We need a committee!  :lol:

The CMC they can't simply leave DT hanging, and now that her hold over the playground is broken, they encourage her to change. Forgiving her for the bullying isn't even an issue...

Now that's some strong character from the CMC. They'd have every right to be sore about DT's past actions but their commitment to their values overcomes it. It's really quite profound.

• Brohoof 1

Loved this episode. I didn't want them the get their cutie marks now, but looking back there couldn't have been a more better time for them to get it. Scootaloo is a Lightning Bolt, which makes since as it was foreshadowed that she'd be good at Racing. Sweetiebell is a musical note, as it was foreshadowed that she can sing. Really Applebloom is the only one that I have a problem with. It's just an apple. What that supposed to mean? Wasn't it foreshadowed that she was good a Building stuff? The feels in the ending though. Can't believe AJ and AB's parents are dead. Would be cool if they used the selfie in this ep in the op credits but be all know they still gonna use the normal one.

I used to hate Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon for bullying the CMC but after this episode, I forgive them. Diamond Tiara didn't want to disappoint Spoiled and that's why she committed all those bad deeds. Her cutie mark represents positive leadership and it shows when she stops trying to be her mother and bossing ponies around for selfish reasons. Silver Spoon was just following her lead. She wasn't truly a bad pony either.

The CMC got their cutie marks for crusading! Amazing milestone for the TV series. I didn't expect that and I was surprised when it actually happened. Although I had a feeling they would get them this season, it was still really unexpected! Next CMC focus episode, I guess they will go crusading for other ponies' marks.

• Brohoof 2

The only good thing is the episode was how the CMC got their cutie mars and Diamond Tiara's solo song. And that's....it. 

The episode could have gone in many directions based on the minor issues that kept popping up. The episode wasn't well paced, and I feel as though DT's issue was too much of a cliche and felt the writers could have done something away from the "my mom is a c*nt" bandwagon when it comes to giving a bull an excuse. 

I love DT though, even before this little redemption episode, I never actually hated her. 

I just feel....the episode could have been better. Of all the ponies DT could have made a short speech for, she made one for the CMC towards the end when speaking against her mother. Although is was very touching, Silverspoon deserved that more than anyone because she was the one and only pony who actually put up with DT and was her only real friend throughout the series. At first, I thought it was going to be where the CMC patched their friendship up, but nope...DT treated Silverspoon like crap but they made up in a musical number by nailed a board up. 

Not saying the episode is bad, but it's only because they got their cutie marks and made it where we all say "awww" about DT is why it's receiving a lot of praise. That's just my opinion. 

• Brohoof 1

Amazing episode, it's great to see all these changes, especially after 5 seasons of Diamond Tiara being a jerk and the CMC trying to find their cutie marks again and again.

Loved this episode. I didn't want them the get their cutie marks now, but looking back there couldn't have been a more better time for them to get it. Scootaloo is a Lightning Bolt, which makes since as it was foreshadowed that she'd be good at Racing. Sweetiebell is a musical note, as it was foreshadowed that she can sing. Really Applebloom is the only one that I have a problem with. It's just an apple. What that supposed to mean? Wasn't it foreshadowed that she was good a Building stuff? The feels in the ending though. Can't believe AJ and AB's parents are dead. Would be cool if they used the selfie in this ep in the op credits but be all know they still gonna use the normal one.

I know it can be a bit of dissapointment the apple, but think of the connection within the apple family. They have a very strong bond and it`s not just because their apples. And how would applebloom react if it wasn`t an apple? can you recall one of her nightmares?

• Brohoof 1

I was a lotta disappointed when they got their cutie marks! They should've stayed Blank Flanks in the first place. I do realize now that the CMC cutie marked controversy was just the beginning. Some of us are angry, some of them are HAPPY with the CMC.

I know it can be a bit of dissapointment the apple, but think of the connection within the apple family. They have a very strong bond and it`s not just because their apples. And how would applebloom react if it wasn`t an apple? can you recall one of her nightmares?

ACtually....I believe you guys should look closer at the cutiemarks. I thought it was super brilliant. Not only did the writers find a way to keep them together as the CMC, but they also did something to set them apart. Applebloom's may have an apple in it, but that makes since. All of her family are linked to what is closer to their heart and what's in her heart is the family and the farm. I mean look: there is a heart within the apple.

And for scootaloo, let's not forget how insecure she was about her wings. Rainbowdash explains that flying or no flying, Scoots was unique and special in her way. She's able to do many AWESOME tricks without flying. Within her cutier mark, there is a lightning bolt within a wing to interpret that. 

And for Sweetie Bell's she is the star of the group. Always creative in execution almost like her big sister, but at the same time, she is her own person. She may not be a whiz in expressing things through fashion, but she is the best at expressing it through song. And that's why there is music symbol WITHIN the star. 

The episode was....eh.....but I have no complaints with their cutiemarks

blog-0196375001444582520.png

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind the apple. My problem it's an apple and a heart alone.

Edited by AkiraLeeJounouchi

This episode was kinda spoilered for me on the day it aired, revealing the CMCs get their Cutie Marks, so I've been putting it off a bit. I just finished watching it and it was an amazing episode...the song with the CMCs and DT through out, gave it a certain Disney feel to it that I absolutely loved. I had grown tired of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon using the same old "blank flank" and other menial insults towards the CMCs and other ponies, to finally see that Diamond Tiara has changed and is essentially "good" now is a breath of fresh air to her character. I mean, I liked Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon before, but I love them even more now. Also, getting to hear DT and SS sing?? That was just a bonus IMO...I loved hearing them sing..before this episode, the only episode either of them sang in was  Pinkie's Smile song and that was only Silver Spoon...and only for a single line.

I have yet to watch this weekends episode, but so far...this has been my fave since the Hiatus ended. :squee::kindness:

• Brohoof 1

probably the best episode I've seen in S5 and the other 4 seasons  :pinkie: The Crusaders getting their Cutie Marks and both Diamond Tiara becoming reformed with AMAZING songs with feels and I still start crying watching the end and I've seen it quite a few times. I'm willing to forgive Diamond Tiara because of those feels they gave with her.. :(

though i kinda wish their Cutie marks were a bit bigger because they look too small on them..

So, I finally have watched the episode, and just have one tinny little question...Dose Rumble not attend the same school as everypony else in Ponyville? Is he too young? He seemed old enough to be the only foal to be able participate in the tornado.

I was hoping he would get at least a little bit of screen time this season.

• Brohoof 1