Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler So applejack's parents...

chirox the pony

Aw, geeze, I need to rewatch Apple Family Reunion.  I don't even remember it being subtly implied that they were dead.

The two shooting stars that keep appearing overhead represent Applejack's absent parents.

• Brohoof 1

The two shooting stars that keep appearing overhead represent Applejack's absent parents.

I thought they only showed up in one episode? In any case...

sig-4075495.141399579464.png

(someone else posted this on another thread and I loved it)

So then if you saw the ending to crusaders of the lost mark you would know that Applejack's parents are confirmed to be dead. So what do you think this means for the future of the show? 

I think that's the most we are going to get in terms of confirmation. I very much doubt it will be mentioned again it doesn't really add anything to the show other than a sad backstory and that's if what you are after there are plenty of OC's and fanfics for that. The stars and the little nod when they got their marks it was a good touch but they don't need to go any further with it since they seem to be doing perfectly fine and the apples are a night knit family anyway and the death of a loved one has only seemed to tighten this bond

I thought they only showed up in one episode? In any case...

sig-4172481.sig-4075495.141399579464.png

(someone else posted this on another thread and I loved it)

They only appeared in Apple Family Reunion, but they appeared twice in that episode.

Why would you create a character who is so family oriented, give her dead parents, and then never bring it up? It just does not make sense.

But why doesn't it make sense? I think it's good that the show shows different types of families as completely normal and close-knit, without making a big deal out of it, without drawing attention to it. That's life. I was raised with a mom and a grandmother - no dad or grandfather. But that's normal to me, since it's been this way since I was very young, just like Applejack and Applebloom. I'm not going to bring up my lack of dad up to people, because there is no reason to.

Yeah, of course we as a fandom would like to know, but I personally think that bringing it up now, at this advanced point in the show, would seem forced and awkward. This is something that the characters, in-universe, have had years to assimilate and come to terms with. They've already dealt and healed on a personal level.

Edited by Sapana