Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My future wife or my future husband

Kenshiro

I'm still finding out what I do and don't like in people, and am not ready to think about marriage as it applies to my own life. But other than the obvious good traits, such as respect, loyalty, and a loving heart, my future husband must have a sense of humor. I need to be with someone I can share a good laugh with. I'd also prefer that he loves animals, too. He also must be intelligent and hard working, honest, and supportive of me and my passions, just as I would do the same for him. 

Edited by Quartz Aegis
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

That's a good question and I haven't thought about it much because it's such a distant thought for me. I can do just as well by myself - but it would preferably be someone who wouldn't mind my occasional unwillingness to engage in any kind of physical contact. It would also be good if the person didn't find my interests ridiculous. My friends have also made the idea of relationships sound so bad that I don't want to have a similar future.

Let's see. I would like an intelligent, loving, caring person. One who would be there whenever you need them and can talk for hours on end. Also somebody that can stand my jokes/puns.

Oh wait, I'm describing my current girlfriend. So hopefully cheers she goes all the way  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 5

Idk, maybe someone who's more timid and sweet?  I've always liked men who are kinda like Luigi..  Idk how to explain it without sounding like an idiot.

I don't think I'd be good wife anyhow, so I'll probably just stay single.. heh.

• Brohoof 2

I have no expectations whatsoever, because my boyfriend is already perfection to me. He is kind, loving, cute, funny, so wonderful to talk to, he somehow is able to put up with my issues and I consider myself one of the luckiest people on the planet to have him in my life. Simple as that.

• Brohoof 5

Someone who doesn't dump me for someone else after 2 years over a single week because "long distance was getting hard on her"... :dry:

More to the point, one whose mindset is to stay together for a long time, working with me for the relationship to continue; At least some shared interests, someone I can have fun and love spending time with, someone I can be honest with and not have to watch too much what I say (eggshells with your 'loved one', bleh), with a little craziness. Also someone with a kind and caring heart, thinking about others first.

Oh and of course, cuddles! :squee: I love me some hugz! :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

You might want to pull up a chair, because I don't even know where to begin.

Honestly, I look for a lot in a potential future spouse. It's why I'm blessed I found Mrs. Right. We don't agree on everything, but then again if we did, things would get boring pretty quickly.

Anyway, I digress. When it comes to a future spouse, I look for:

• A lot of compassion, patience and understanding
  • Humor, and lots of it
  • Intelligence (seriously, if I can't have a simple conversation with someone, see ya)
  • COMMON SENSE, since it seems like no one has it these days
  • Someone who's weird. Not like crazy, but a little eccentric and definitely unique
  • Someone shorter or equal height (I know it's a little specific, but I like what I like)
  • Someone who's not afraid to be themselves and let their freak flag fly
  • Someone who values me as much as I value them
  • Someone who will be there no matter what happens
  • Someone who wouldn't cheat on me no matter what (In my book, you cheat, you're gone)
  • Someone who's committed

Basically, if someone can really put up with me for the rest of my life, and I can put up with them, everything's gonna be A-OK. 

As for my other half, so far so good.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know...Loyalty is an important thing for me. Don't think I'd mind an open relationship, but I know if I shared my girl with anyone else I'd feel less loved. But it goes deeper then that...

Doesn't matter to me much what your gender, opinions, or even species is. Though I do draw the line at being organic & solid. Well, mostly organic anyway. What I need, I suppose, is understanding. Somebeing as moody as I am, but up when I'm down. Pushy, but not a bully. Who can understand I may not be up to much & that often they may have to actually pull me out the door in order to get my blasted ball rolling. I may be the sort to grumble & point out the risks but I'll still be grateful for the adventure. A being that's willing to be my straightman when I'm giddy, and my lap to cry into. Who's not afraid to bust my tail when I'm clearly toeing the line for a joke, or to know when to hold me together when I'm falling to pieces.

Somebeing who's just as equally as needy as I am, but alot more forward with it. That they let me know when our relationship reaches a point where its expected to just surprise glomp each other. Somebeing who can outthink my racing thoughts & play me like a string section to get me to do the things even I won't let myself do. One that can share control of the relationship while being open & clear about neither of us really needing it in the first place. Pushing without pulling. To provide that which I cannot supply for myself.........Warmth.

Also, being attracted to madness helps.

.....I know I am.

• Brohoof 1

My ideal is someone who is committed and loyal, with a sense of humor, and is, above all, intelligent, conservative and mature. Other things can be added to the recipe to enhance the flavor, and would include creativity, optimism and youthful enthusiasm. The rest can be a surprise, as long as it doesn't include a long criminal record, cruelty to kids and animals or penchant for general mayhem. 

I'm not a huge fan of show-offs or players who only perform for the crowd. I want someone who looks inward sometimes and considers a bigger picture. 

And imagine my luck, I just so happen to know such a dude!  :wub:

• Brohoof 4

Oh, not so much things =3 Because absolutely different people can be amazing equally.

But of course some things are really important for me. 

I would love to see her empathetic an patient, because sometimes I'm not very good to express my deep feeling. LOL

sig-4739692.inside_i_shed_tears_by_jowyb

Loyal, because I can be pretty jealousy.  :blush:

And the most important, she would enjoy to spend time with me. It gives me feeling that I can do impossible things.  :sneer:

Edited by Sqweeepty
  • Brohoof 2

my expectations for my future wife hu?
i would like someone who:

• is a kind and good willed person with a great personality
  • doesn't mind part of my affection and almost all of my money going to tanks  :muffins:
  • i can cuddle and hold close  :squee:
  • is loyal that i can trust as i can be a bit over protective and jealousy is no stranger to me XP
  • is open about their feelings and honest (really tho if i'm doing something you don't like just tell me and ill stop)
  • will pull me into line if i'm being lazy or lacking in motivation
  • also likes or if not, at least doesn't judge me for liking MLP
  • is the person i can confidently and comfortably spend the rest of my life with  :)

My fiancée.... I don't expect anything from them except for them to love me back. ♡ And to fight to get out of their depression, for their own sake. I love them to the moon and back, anyway. They also bake amazingly well and likes to be lazy. I love being lazy with them as much as I like being motivated to do stuff with them. Everything's good.

• Brohoof 1

Someone who's kind, funny and loyal, possibly a fellow MLP fan as well ^_^ Someone who shares my same interests, or at least be ok with my interests, someone who believes in the same way I do, someone who's really fun and active, someone who isn't too much of a homebody, and is able to keep up with my active lifestyle. Someone who isn't overly clingy ^_^

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Well, I'd say someone who's rather smart of their own accord, assertive enough to where I know I can trust them to step forward or pull me in when its needed, but still cool or introverted enough to be well aware of their own faults or pull me back when its needed. Not so much balanced as... for lack of a better term, perhaps a bit Dark. To succinctly put it...

Let's just say...

A_type.png

...That I have a certain type...

(Y-yes, I-I-I know one of those girls are likely under age! Sh-shaddup!)

I'm getting married in a few months actually. Obviously, i expect requited love. My fiancee and I can be very similar in some ways, but we're also sometimes very different people. But, as someone who can recognise my flaws, this is a good thing. I believe a little variance in a relationship is needed.

heheh, we'll tbh I think I'm with him now. I could not ask for anything more and I would not take anything away from him.... actually the whole "i have to win" thing he does.... even if its him being silly. lol other than that one thing, Im very happy with him 

That they like the outside world and is not too much of an indoor person. Although watching something in the evenings is always fun like movies etc

Edited by Laurel

I just hope my future wife can be fairly independent and make her own choices, even if I disagree with them. That doesn't mean go find a job (though she could), but I rather not have someone continually ask me for help on everything. 

And I really hope they aren't pessimistic and edgy as a fair amount of society is.