Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight ruling Equestria.....with the Mane 5?

Silver Stream.

Do you guys think that when/if Twilight ever becomes the new ruler of Equestria (I'm sure that if she was to become the new ruler, it'll be awhiiiiiiile) Would she be a ruler all by herself or she'll be ruling alongside the mane 5?

I can imagine her being Prime ruler, but I am sure the mane 5 would be like her second in command of some sort. I feel like this because it was the Mane 5 that made her the Princess of Friendship in the first place and there are too many cases to count where she wouldn't have accomplished much WITHOUT them. Twilight is a very interesting character alone, and I'm not saying she'd be helpless without them, but I think she would be a stronger ruler with them close at her side than by herself. 

• Brohoof 1

I strongly suspect that Celestia has been grooming Twilight to take her place as ruler of Equestria one day.  But I also feel that it's probably too soon for that.  Like...centuries too soon.  

When Twilight finally takes the throne, her friends will have long since passed away.  I'm pretty sure that she's strong enough of heart to soldier on despite the loss and that their memories and the lessons they taught her about friendship would survive and forge Twilight into a better ruler.

But then again, she might just choose not to live without them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZDhMKk4tfg

Edited by J. Brony

I have no words because I'm on the verge of tears from watching that. But I suppose you're right about them being gone by the time Twilight takes the throne unless there's some sort of way to make them immortal or something but I doubt it

Princess Twilight and the Knights of the Round Stable.

Meghan McCarthy said on Twitter that Twilight won't outlive her friends, btw. It's been debated what exactly she meant by that; One view on it (that I personally hold) is that Twilight and Cadance don't have any special longevity.

• Brohoof 4

I strongly suspect that Celestia has been grooming Twilight to take her place as ruler of Equestria one day.  But I also feel that it's probably too soon for that.  Like...centuries too soon.  

When Twilight finally takes the throne, her friends will have long since passed away.  I'm pretty sure that she's strong enough of heart to soldier on despite the loss and that their memories and the lessons they taught her about friendship would survive and forge Twilight into a better ruler.

Why you do this? Why? I'm on the verge of tears right now!! That has to be one of the saddest things ever. Just...

oh Celestia, I think I need to sit down.

So only those who are BORN an alicorn are immortal or at least...they live for centuries? If so, then there wouldn't be a reason for Twilight o take over unless Celestia was to step down? 

That's a theory some fans have, yeah. But... This is just me talking: What if Celestia's actually near the end of her lifespan? A thousand years is a really long time.

• Brohoof 1

I have no words because I'm on the verge of tears from watching that. But I suppose you're right about them being gone by the time Twilight takes the throne unless there's some sort of way to make them immortal or something but I doubt it

Why you do this? Why? I'm on the verge of tears right now!! That has to be one of the saddest things ever. Just...

oh Celestia, I think I need to sit down.

Sorry.  :(

Let's promote a new alicorn so Twilight doesn't have to go through all of that.

Maybe..but wouldn't she be aging if her time was ding at an end? And you know what....I never considered this but: even Celestia was to step down, would Twilight even be next in line? Or would it be Luna?

Well, if I remember rightly Faust said that her plan was that Celestia was grooming Twilight to succeed her, *but* Faust said she didn't use the words "alicorn" or "princess".

Personally, ignoring that, I've given a little thought to what the line of succession might be going by blood...

1. Princess Luna

2. King Leo of Aquastria

3. Prince Blueblood

4. Léon

About aging - Again, this is just me talking, and I'm not sure this idea of mine is even logical, but - What if the way it works, she's only just resumed "normal aging"? As in, for centuries her aging was hugely slowed down, but now that she's near the end she's gone back to aging regularly (so she'll get old over the next couple decades)?

Edited by Daring_Do
  • Brohoof 1

Unless Celestia plans on stepping down.

Do you guys think that when/if Twilight ever becomes the new ruler of Equestria (I'm sure that if she was to become the new ruler, it'll be awhiiiiiiile) Would she be a ruler all by herself or she'll be ruling alongside the mane 5?

I can imagine her being Prime ruler, but I am sure the mane 5 would be like her second in command of some sort. I feel like this because it was the Mane 5 that made her the Princess of Friendship in the first place and there are too many cases to count where she wouldn't have accomplished much WITHOUT them. Twilight is a very interesting character alone, and I'm not saying she'd be helpless without them, but I think she would be a stronger ruler with them close at her side than by herself. 

I'm sure she;ll rule alongside the rest of the Mane6, but I'm not sure if they'll become alicorns themselves. Some upcoming toys suggest yes though 

I'm sure she;ll rule alongside the rest of the Mane6, but I'm not sure if they'll become alicorns themselves. Some upcoming toys suggest yes though 

Still 100% convinced those are going to be like the Gold lily/sterling toys, and just be Popular characters packaged alongside a princess

2.jpg

Now, this might sound anti-twilightish for some logic here, but bear with me here for a second. To do a "All the mane six become alicorns" plotline, you'd need a plotline or two parter that focused on the other 5 besides twilight specifically. This is highly abnormal and seems unlikely, as all two parters, premiers and finales so far have had the majority focus on Twilight, while an arc about the other 5 becoming alicorns would, by necessity reverse that and have to focus on the other 5 more than twilight. This just seems very unlikely.

• Brohoof 1

Still 100% convinced those are going to be like the Gold lily/sterling toys, and just be Popular characters packaged alongside a princess

sig-4159853.2.jpg

Now, this might sound anti-twilightish for some logic here, but bear with me here for a second. To do a "All the mane six become alicorns" plotline, you'd need a plotline or two parter that focused on the other 5 besides twilight specifically. This is highly abnormal and seems unlikely, as all two parters, premiers and finales so far have had the majority focus on Twilight, while an arc about the other 5 becoming alicorns would, by necessity reverse that and have to focus on the other 5 more than twilight. This just seems very unlikely.

It's possible it will be like those toys, but then again, makes little sense to release a line similar that one previously. Not to mention that the show and Hasbro are full of surprises ;) , We might not get Mane6 with full set of horn and wings, but I wouldn't rule it out either  :proud:

• Brohoof 1

It's possible it will be like those toys, but then again, makes little sense to release a line similar that one previously. 

If blind bags are any indication, I'd say that not only does Hasbro have a marketing campaign in the works to sell a half-dozen repainted Celestia's as part of some new "princess line" but that there are plenty of collectors out there willing to shell out the money to purchase every last variant that they produce. 

It's possible it will be like those toys, but then again, makes little sense to release a line similar that one previously. Not to mention that the show and Hasbro are full of surprises ;) , We might not get Mane6 with full set of horn and wings, but I wouldn't rule it out either  :proud:

Well, alot of toylines are very similar to previous ones. The explore equestria toyline doesn't seem much different than any others before it for example: there's no gimmick in it so far that can be seen that differentiates it from any others for example.

Explore-Equestria-Wave-1-Singles.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I wonder if they're turning the ruling in Equestria from a monarchy to a council, the mane 6 being the lead council.

Maybe giving the mane 5 responsibilities like Applejack oversees agriculture, Rarity deals with fashion, media and such, Rainbow Dash on the weather control etc.

Edited by cider float

I wonder if they're turning the ruling in Equestria from a monarchy to a council, the mane 6 being the lead council.

Maybe giving the mane 5 responsibilities like Applejack oversees agriculture, Rarity deals with fashion, media and such, Rainbow Dash on the weather control etc.

That would be pretty awesome. I'm sure Twilight could rule all on her own if she had/wanted to with no porblem, but would prefer to do it with her friends. A leading council is possible. Who knows?

But this only applies if Celestia somehow leaves the equation of stayinng ruler. There's no rush for that. She may not have been super useful in most of the situations executed in the series, but she has stopped dangers in the past and is doing fine as a ruler now. 

• Brohoof 1