Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

She'll make her mark - Buffy cutie mark design contest winner

Jeric

You know I was going to post this right? 

Over a year! The search for a proper cutie mark for Buffy is over. No more equalist fillers, no more blank flank jokes, we are here. We received over 50 entries. That alone was insane but what was the most inspiring part of this is that just about each of them were viable cutie marks. The sheer number and great designs made the selection process daunting. We went through a democratic selection process and several rounds of voting (the rest of the staff is likely happy that it's over :P ). Personally there were several entries I would have been happy to have on our mascots flank. Unfortunately, as with all contests like this, there needs to be a winner, and in our opinion the winning entry nailed it. 

The purpose of the design was as follows. 

For Buffy's cutie mark I wanted to have a color scheme that relates to the MLP forum design but would also look nice with her! Since she is a bundle of fun and loves talking I decided that two hearts instead of just one would be good. Since she can feel lonely sometimes and a new pony going into a big forum can be intimidating I used a smaller heart to represent that and the bigger heart represents the overall welcoming and really friendly nature of this forum! Lastly, it is all tied together with the infinity sign with the bigger heart embracing the smaller heart and just showing the forever lasting social and happiness that Buffy has to offer!

The final design is made to represent community; how so many of our veteran MLPF members accept new people joining is something that is hard to find elsewhere. The fact that the cutie mark not just represents Buffy's internal drive to maintain a friendly community, but also you makes the explanation shine. 

CONGRATS TO OUR WINNER @Spirit Rush for the following design 

post-25990-0-93845000-1444694570_thumb.jpg

Once selected we immediately set to get the entry as submitted ready for print as it were. Thanks to the diligent effort by community artist @SFyr he made some appropriate color tweaks to the submission ... below is the completed work inspired by the winner. As you can see very little was changed.

JUSykAY.png

I know I am forgetting a few things. OH YEAH. What was Buffy's initial reaction to this momentous occasion? Pretty much what you would expect. 

DIVcsco.png

"IT HAPPENED! IT FINALLY HAPPENED!"

Again I want to thank everypony for your entries. I will post a few of the other entries in here to show how difficult it was to make a final selection. 

@Spirit Rush, you won the Buffy Plushie that will contain your design as her cutie mark ... done by @Nervous Stitch. I'll reach out to you in PM for specific details. Thank you for completing MLP Forum's mascot. Expect to see her around the forums more often. 

• Brohoof 55

I think this design is absolutely perfect for Buffy, and it's a perfect symbol for the spirit of MLPForums! Congratulations Spirit Rush!

• Brohoof 6

Whoo! It's about time.  :lol:  It's impressive how many entries they were...we have a lot of good ideas and good artists here!

Congrats, Spirit Rush! I love the reasoning behind your entry.

I have a feeling Buffy and I are going to become real good friends here soon while I erect a plushie in her honor.  :wub:

• Brohoof 7

Two hearts and a rope. That means that shipping is a thing buffy x viola trash

Anywayys, it has been a year or so since this whole Mascot thing started, and it is a pleasure to see that our dear Buffy has finally a cutie mark. What a great day to celebrate Buffy's new mark. :rarity:

• Brohoof 12

I'm honestly rather fond of her final CM design. Seems quite fitting of her, and if I'm being honest, it suits her better than my own entry.  ;) It was a pleasure being one of the first to put together images of her post-CM.

Congratulations, Spirit Rush!  :)

@@Lightwing, shipping should definitely be a thing, yes yes. 

• Brohoof 7

Headcanon accepted!

So Scarlett isn't the only timelord?

Finally.

I'm honestly rather fond of her final CM design. Seems quite fitting of her, and if I'm being honest, it suits her better than my own entry.  ;) It was a pleasure being one of the first to put together images of her post-CM.

Congratulations, Spirit Rush!  :)

@@Lightwing, shipping should definitely be a thing, yes yes.

Nice Drawing! She looks so happeh!

• Brohoof 6

Congratulations Buffy and, more importantly, congratulations to Spirit Rush for this momentous occasion! You've written a part of MLP Forums' history with your winning design here today! :lol:

A fine Cutie Mark to represent both Buffy and the Forums. :)

• Brohoof 6

It's not my friendship axe?! 0/10 mods you're ALL BANNED!

seriously, it's great, I love it!

• Brohoof 6

It's not my friendship axe?! 0/10 mods you're ALL BANNED!

seriously, it's great, I love it!

Actually the Friendship Axe was humorously chosen as AU Buffy's mark. :D

• Brohoof 6