Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best Season of MLP?

Varrack

We now have five completed seasons of MLP:FiM. Which one is the best in your opinion?

I'd say the fifth is the most satisfying and enjoyable for me, with the fourth being a close runner up.

I would have to say that season 4 is my favorite season as it was the one I had the most fun following.  And it has a lot of my all time favorite episodes of the series form it.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

I still think I have to give it to season 2, but I hear a lot of people claiming they think season 5 is the best one, so I'm a bit uncertain right now. I think the show has slightly changed from season to season, so comparing the two is a bit tough. Those are certainly the ones in the lead, with season 4 slightly behind.

I don't like saying the latest of anything is the best, because that's usually the kind of thing fanboys would say about whatever they're a fan of.

But I really thought season 5 was miles better than previous seasons.

Season 5 was my favourite ever since being bombarded with the Rarity episodes. Not that Rarity is my favourite character, far from it infact, but the was around the point of season 5 that decided it for me, and the rest of the season only delivered more great episodes

Edited by Leo Mothra

It is a tough choice, but I have to go with Season 5, with season 4 in a close second. Season 5 had so many wonderful moments and, in my opinion, some of the best morals so far in the show. The moral aspect was done quite well for the most part. 

• Brohoof 1

I think the title of my favorite season goes to season 5, followed by season 1 actually. Season 5 i thought was great because I feel like it was very connected to the fandom, which I thought was super cool and made for a lot of excellent episodes. As for season 1, I found to be very funny all the way through, and I loved all the introduction of the characters, especially The Great and Powerful TRIXIE!!!!  :wub:

Season 1. Simple, it was an innocent kids show, wasn't largely influenced by the adult fandom. It was the closest we will ever get to see to Lauren Faust's plan for the show. I really enjoyed it too because it had a "everything works at in the end" feel. The characters were young in their development and it made for some interesting episodes. Tbh I don't even really like the fandom influencing the work of the writers, I know most will disagree. I think its pretty epic and awesome having wars in equestria, and epic laser battles. But tbh, that should stay in fan works, not in the official show. I like to watch kids shows and movies. I liked the really happy land it was in season 1. Adult influences def changed it slowly over time. Not saying I don't like the show now, I think the show is still awesome best show, but I liked the theme and feel season 1 had much more than the new seasons.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely Season 5 for me. Most of the episodes were really fun to watch, and it has a lot of my now favorite songs from the series. \o/

I think my favourite would have to be Season 2 or Season 5. I haven't finished 5 yet, but so far I love it. Season 2 was good because, idk, nostalgic feels, and I loved almost all of the episodes in it (especially the beginning and end of the season).

I think Season 4 was the best season, followed closely by season 2. Season 5 comes in third, while being good, i think some episodes are very overrated. Season 1 is forth and some very good episodes, but some of the episode don't hold up well anymore. And i don't think i need to say anything about Season 3.

• Brohoof 1

Season 1. Simple, it was an innocent kids show, wasn't largely influenced by the adult fandom. It was the closest we will ever get to see to Lauren Faust's plan for the show. I really enjoyed it too because it had a "everything works at in the end" feel. The characters were young in their development and it made for some interesting episodes. Tbh I don't even really like the fandom influencing the work of the writers, I know most will disagree. I think its pretty epic and awesome having wars in equestria, and epic laser battles. But tbh, that should stay in fan works, not in the official show. I like to watch kids shows and movies. I liked the really happy land it was in season 1. Adult influences def changed it slowly over time. Not saying I don't like the show now, I think the show is still awesome best show, but I liked the theme and feel season 1 had much more than the new seasons.

I agree, I do love the epic confrontations with evil. But season 1 didn't need to have an epic finale, the gala was what they were building up to in season 1 and it all paid off. I am fine with the show showing a tough side, but I want the innocent side of Equestria still.