Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private After Destiny

Chaton

'Sure. I'll go over this way and make sure everyone has air. You know. Actually fix stuff. Reroute systems. Activate auxiliary units. Enough to last us maybe two years if we keep it all in one area. This ship really wasn't designed to hold life at an extended duration. But Some things never change in even millions of years. No pays attention to the robot.

Specter hacked into a locked terminal in engineering and started conducting a search for anything that he could use to extend the life of the current air filters and the possibility of activating the back ups. Although the existence of back up units filled with air filtration chemicals was purely theory right now, it would be bad design not to have them. 'Always have emergency back ups of everything abroad a ship incase of incident.' Basic ship design 1-0-1. This should only take a bit.

"Well the Ancients seem like pretty cool guys, I'm sure there's probably some ships or something somewhere around here." She joined the search for planets, believing she could pick out one or two amongst the sea of stars before her. She paused for a moment and sighed. "I would love to see new planets." She rested her hooves on the glass and her head hung low. "All the new sights and sounds would be breathtaking. Maybe even find a couple of cannibalistic natives or something insane." She laughed quietly, but she mostly remained in deep thought at all the possibilities before them. "Maybe we could even run in there and steal some food."

Solar probably took her last couple of statements the wrong way, with the look she gave Amber. "Well... whatever you're into!"

She took her gaze back out toward the glass. "Wonder what kind of ponies are out here..."

She then began thinking about the group... as much as Scarlett didn't seem to care about what she did on the team, she thought she'd enjoy the view. Planets are science-y.

"Wanna go get the others? They'd love this!"

Amber hesitated for longer than she'd have liked. Why shouldn't they see this view? It was their ship after all, not just hers. Although she'd have loved to keep this all to herself. She let out a long, drawn out sigh and looked up again at Solar with a smile. "Sure why not, it's a beautiful view. I just hope nopony ruins it with science-y nonsense, things can be pretty without knowing exactly what the gravitational pull of the planet is or if its a gas giant or whatever..." She paused, realising she was going off on a tangent. "Uh sorry yeah, let's just go get the others." She got on all four hooves and looked down the corridor.

"Oh and when I said food I meant fruit, or plants, not ponies." She winked at Solar. 

Scarlett got to engineering and quickly jumped to a console to see where they were. It seemed that there was a planet nearby, and it had some basic information that was most likely quite a bit out of date. If only they had some MALP like device to check what was down there, or at least a way to get down. A timer appeared on the wall behind her, as well as on the walls in most corridors and the gateroom. 'What's going on' she thought to herself, before going through the data before her.

Skim reading through the database in another language was hard, but one word caught her view. She then realised it was the name of the ship. And that word, was Destiny. She quickly turned around and performed a spell on all the walkie talkies. All communication now ran through her horn, her magic acting as a relay. A temporary fix of course, but it would have to do. 

Amber hesitated for longer than she'd have liked. Why shouldn't they see this view? It was their ship after all, not just hers. Although she'd have loved to keep this all to herself. She let out a long, drawn out sigh and looked up again at Solar with a smile. "Sure why not, it's a beautiful view. I just hope nopony ruins it with science-y nonsense, things can be pretty without knowing exactly what the gravitational pull of the planet is or if its a gas giant or whatever..." She paused, realising she was going off on a tangent. "Uh sorry yeah, let's just go get the others." She got on all four hooves and looked down the corridor.

"Oh and when I said food I meant fruit, or plants, not ponies." She winked at Solar. 

"Oh no, I'm with you," Solar agreed, grinning as she walked down the corridor with Amber, "Science-y ponies just can't put down the clipboard and appreciate just how pretty it looks without being all 'I MUST KNOW WHY IT'S A THING'." She finished in a really nasally 'nerd' voice.

She winked back at the mare, smirking. "I won't judge," she teased.

The two soon arrived at the engineering room and went inside, spotting Scarlett and the others. "Sup."

• Brohoof 1

"Oh no, I'm with you," Solar agreed, grinning as she walked down the corridor with Amber, "Science-y ponies just can't put down the clipboard and appreciate just how pretty it looks without being all 'I MUST KNOW WHY IT'S A THING'." She finished in a really nasally 'nerd' voice.

The two soon arrived at the engineering room and went inside, spotting Scarlett and the others. "Sup."

Scarlett, completely unaware at what the two had just been doing said "Hey, we just dropped out of FTL. There's a planet nearby, though the information about it is most likely out of date. It used to have a fair bit of life on it, but I'm not sure if that is still a thing. Did you two find anything useful or interesting?"

"What do you mean that the star just looks pretty?" Amber replied with a similar nerdy voice, although her imitation was nowhere near as good. "If we were a few quadrants closer, you would realise it is a nearly perfect spherical ball of hot plasma, with internal convective motion that generates a magnetic field via a dynamo process!" Amber sighed. "Ugh, I'm already bored hearing myself say it."

Despite knowing it was a tease, Amber still grimaced at the thought of cannibalism at all. Plus the fact that it was taken the wrong way in the first place. "Well I don't know if you watched Ponies Of The Caribbean, but the cannibals on that had lots of fruit and stuff. My logic was sound." She grinned.

Scarlett, completely unaware at what the two had just been doing said "Hey, we just dropped out of FTL. There's a planet nearby, though the information about it is most likely out of date. It used to have a fair bit of life on it, but I'm not sure if that is still a thing. Did you two find anything useful or interesting?"

"We found this awesome corridor with a huge observatory window!" She said excitedly. "You can see all sorts of things out there in space."

Edited by 1Bit

"What do you mean that the star just looks pretty?" Amber replied with a similar nerdy voice, although her imitation was nowhere near as good. "If we were a few quadrants closer, you would realise it is a nearly perfect spherical ball of hot plasma, with internal convective motion that generates a magnetic field via a dynamo process!" Amber sighed. "Ugh, I'm already bored hearing myself say it."

Despite knowing it was a tease, Amber still grimaced at the thought of cannibalism at all. Plus the fact that it was taken the wrong way in the first place. "Well I don't know if you watched Ponies Of The Caribbean, but the cannibals on that had lots of fruit and stuff. My logic was sound." She grinned.

"We found this awesome corridor with a huge observatory window!" She said excitedly. "You can see all sorts of things out there in space."

Scarlett turned around slowly to Amber with a blank face. "Let me get this straight. You found a corridor, which has a window for a wall. And you can see deep space from it? And you think that is interesting?"

Scarlett smirked and then said "And more importantly, you didn't invite me! That would have been so cool, feel free to show me later. That is if we haven't suffocated by then."

Sapphire noticed that some of the radios that had not been sent to engineering cracked to life, "well something at least." she took one off a guard, "now you go get the rest of these from engineering and give them out to the rest of the security staff, and any pony in the engineering room." 

---

Crystal, open her eyes in a daze, "what, where, who...?" she was laying on a makeshift bed, a towel would be a better word she looked left the earth pony guard to her left was dead, she looked right and saw an unconscious unicorn. She sat up and rubbed her head. A medic came over, "oh good you're awake you'll have to move though sorry." He helped her up and she walked around a bit dazed and confused.

Sapphire spotted Crystal and walked over, "are you ok?"
"Um not sure, where are we?"

"On a ship a long way away from the base."

"I don't remember getting here."
"you were most likely carried here. Here come sit down." They both walked near the door and sat down, Sapphire just trying to help this Crystal Pony.

Edited by Emerald Bolt

Scarlett turned around slowly to Amber with a blank face. "Let me get this straight. You found a corridor, which has a window for a wall. And you can see deep space from it? And you think that is interesting?"

Scarlett smirked and then said "And more importantly, you didn't invite me! That would have been so cool, feel free to show me later. That is if we haven't suffocated by then."

Amber blinked. She blinked again. Did Scarlett just...not bore us to death with facts? or laugh at us? What? Her mouth remained open awkwardly slowly mouthing all sorts of stuff as she stood in complete surprise. "Well, um, sure I guess we could show you it...um-" She raised an eyebrow at Scarlett. "Are you sure you'd want to? Doesn't sound like something you science-y types would be interested in."

Amber blinked. She blinked again. Did Scarlett just...not bore us to death with facts? or laugh at us? What? Her mouth remained open awkwardly slowly mouthing all sorts of stuff as she stood in complete surprise. "Well, um, sure I guess we could show you it...um-" She raised an eyebrow at Scarlett. "Are you sure you'd want to? Doesn't sound like something you science-y types would be interested in."

Scarlett was slightly confused at the response, but responded none the less. "Don't get me wrong, I do find all the, science-y, stuff interesting. But what is the point of knowing about a lot of things if you cannot appreciate the beauty of them. Of course I'm interested, did you think I'd bore you to death with facts or laugh at you? And anyway, I'm a pony too. But here's a fact for you. I found out the name of the ship. It's name is Destiny."

Scarlett was slightly confused at the response, but responded none the less. "Don't get me wrong, I do find all the, science-y, stuff interesting. But what is the point of knowing about a lot of things if you cannot appreciate the beauty of them. Of course I'm interested, did you think I'd bore you to death with facts or laugh at you? And anyway, I'm a pony too. But here's a fact for you. I found out the name of the ship. It's name is Destiny."

Like Amber, Solar was rather surprised at Scarlett's response. She legitimately sounded interested, and wasn't condescending about it!

Maybe she was wrong about her, and that she was just caught up on fixing the ship...?

"Destiny, huh?" She repeated, taking a look around the room, "Well I guess its destiny is getting bucked by space, huh?" She smirked.

@@Ethan Sawyer,@@1Bit,@@Unicorncob,  

A pony rushed in and took all the radios then gave one to each of them and ran out again. He then returned to the gate room and started handing out radios to all the security staff, then came back with three and gave one to Sapphire, Crystal and one for himself. "it's done ma'am." 
"good you may go." Sapphire and Crystal continued there talking.

"Well actually I kinda did think you might bore me to death." Amber blushed a deep red, sliding her hoof across the ground awkwardly. "Any scientist's I've met before have done nothing BUT bore me to death. Pretty sure that's why I failed the chemistry courses at Corbulo. The lecturer was an utter bore." She laughed. "Used to play all sorts of tricks on him."

Like Amber, Solar was rather surprised at Scarlett's response. She legitimately sounded interested, and wasn't condescending about it!

Maybe she was wrong about her, and that she was just caught up on fixing the ship...?

"Destiny, huh?" She repeated, taking a look around the room, "Well I guess its destiny is getting bucked by space, huh?" She smirked.

Scarlett turned back to the console and said "Right up the butt as far as I can see. Could you see if the other consoles are on for me? I'm trying to figure out how or where we can get the materials we need for the filtration liquid. Sorry to bring you back to scientific facts, but the fact is that we may not have much longer left. You see those symbols on that display above the door? That's a timer."

"Well actually I kinda did think you might bore me to death." Amber blushed a deep red, sliding her hoof across the ground awkwardly. "Any scientist's I've met before have done nothing BUT bore me to death. Pretty sure that's why I failed the chemistry courses at Corbulo. The lecturer was an utter bore." She laughed. "Used to play all sorts of tricks on him."

"I can imagine, I sometimes did the same. Swapping the ink in my professors pens was a good pass time."

Scarlett turned back to the console and said "Right up the arse as far as I can see. Could you see if the other consoles are on for me? I'm trying to figure out how or where we can get the materials we need for the filtration liquid. Sorry to bring you back to scientific facts, but the fact is that we may not have much longer left. You see those symbols on that display above the door? That's a timer."

"Alright, well what do we need to do to stop the timer? I'd rather we didn't die on our first day here, terribly unprofessional." She tried to keep a smile despite the circumstances, ruffling her feathers a little bit. "I'm sure there's enough of us here to get everything sorted out. Didn't we solve anything down with the air filters at all?" 

"Alright, well what do we need to do to stop the timer? I'd rather we didn't die on our first day here, terribly unprofessional." She tried to keep a smile despite the circumstances, ruffling her feathers a little bit. "I'm sure there's enough of us here to get everything sorted out. Didn't we solve anything down with the air filters at all?"

Scarlett glanced up at the timer for a moment and then said "I believe the timer is how long we have until we jump back into FTL, and It's around 12 hours. We have a day and a half to be in this system. Which is, coincidentally, how long we have left until we all suffocate."

Scarlett glanced up at the timer for a moment and then said "I believe the timer is how long we have until we jump back into FTL, and It's around 12 hours. We have a day and a half to be in this system. Which is, coincidentally, how long we have left until we all suffocate."

"Well what do we need to do? Go spacewalking? Visit a planet? Fall to the floor and pray to Celestia?" Amber shrugged. "I mean come on, I literally have no idea what I'm doing, I just take orders and do stuff." She sighed. "I already showed the poor leadership skills at the academy."

"Well, that's fun," Solar said, sarcasm practically oozing from her helmet as her eyes slanted with exasperation, "What're we going to do now?"

She remembered looking out the window, seeing the stars and planets of the system, and got an idea.

"Wait, this thing should have pods, or something," She said, "Maybe one of the nearby planets has oxygen?"

"Well what do we need to do? Go spacewalking? Visit a planet? Fall to the floor and pray to Celestia?" Amber shrugged. "I mean come on, I literally have no idea what I'm doing, I just take orders and do stuff." She sighed. "I already showed the poor leadership skills at the academy."

"You'd be fine as a leader. I trust you."

"Well, that's fun," Solar said, sarcasm practically oozing from her helmet as her eyes slanted with exasperation, "What're we going to do now?"

She remembered looking out the window, seeing the stars and planets of the system, and got an idea.

"Wait, this thing should have pods, or something," She said, "Maybe one of the nearby planets has oxygen?"

"I'm not sure what you mean by pods, but as for your oxygen idea. How would we get it here? With shuttles it would be impossible, and things like air and water cant flow through the gate, even if we could use the damn thing."

"You'd be fine as a leader. I trust you."

"Yeah, well you didn't get a pony killed because of your shit decisions..." She muttered under her breath, shuddering at the memory. "I'm no leader."

"Well I'm fresh out of ideas. Getting any oxygen seems a little too technical for me to work out myself." Amber stroked her small chin. "Perhaps Specter knows something?" 

"Yeah, well you didn't get a pony killed because of your shit decisions..." She muttered under her breath, shuddering at the memory. "I'm no leader."

"Well I'm fresh out of ideas. Getting any oxygen seems a little too technical for me to work out myself." Amber stroked her small chin. "Perhaps Specter knows something?"

"Oh you have no idea" Scarlett muttered under her breath. She then spoke up "The only chance we have to breathing beyond today is if we can find some of the Sodium Calcite I mentioned earlier. We'll most likely find it on the bottom of lake and/or river beds in deserts."

@@Ethan Sawyer,@@Unicorncob, @@1Bit,  

"well I guess I should test these things then." holding up her radio to Crystal, "well let's start with ponies in the engineering room then."

"ok then I hope they work."

Sapphire pressed the button and the radio cracked on, "Come in engineering this is, um well, um Sapphire at least for now anyway come it." the radio static crackled as she waited for a response.

"I'm not sure what you mean by pods, but as for your oxygen idea. How would we get it here? With shuttles it would be impossible, and things like air and water cant flow through the gate, even if we could use the damn thing."

"Escape pods," Solar explained, smirking under her helmet, "Ever played Haylo?"

As for her other question, "Who said we had to come back here? We could stay there until we figure out how to fix this thing. If the planet has tech, anyway."

"...though," she added, regarding the gate, "What if we had something we could pass through the gate?"

"Escape pods," Solar explained, smirking under her helmet, "Ever played Haylo?"

"Who hasn't? Hell, we played it all the time during downtime at the academy. Fun times." Amber smirked. "But I doubt real life works the same way. And plus we don't have a super-pony soldier to help us out here. So I guess we just have to find some way of sorting things out ourselves. With or without a little blue companion."