Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zombie Discussion Thread

BizzarePony

My rule for fighting zombies: Make sure you have a bullet left to kill yourself when you get overrun/ have no ammo left except the bullet left to kill yourself. Having zombies ripping into your stomach/skull is a very painful way to die.

Keep a cyanide capsule handy :P

how would that kill a zombie, without the need for blood what would hitting them do?

You go to a human right now and bash them over the head.

My point-

You aren't trying to kill the zombie. You want to get AWAY.

My rule for fighting zombies: Make sure you have a bullet left to kill yourself when you get overrun/ have no ammo left except the bullet left to kill yourself. Having zombies ripping into your stomach/skull is a very painful way to die.

Yes, but you are still able to run.

They will grab at you, but if you ram them, they can't bite you.

The Stare is not a gun,

I would go with a USAS-12 with a 20 Round drum magazine and a bayonet :P

Zombie survival 101

Stealth is key. I know in a lot of modern horror movies and videogames don't teach you this (they just wanna get to the blood and guts). Zombies still have their hearing and smell senses (to some degree). Guns cause a FUCKTON (accurate measurement) of noise! It's always a good idea to use blunt weapons first. Sharp weapons can be used to, but make sure what you use can hack of an arm versus poke an eye out. Stabbing them is useless, breaking their bones so they can no longer walk or cutting off the arm entirely is key! Also bash their skulls in. This (usually kills zombies).

Firearms are for EMERGENCIES ONLY!

Pistols (handguns): They're small and quite handy aim for the head! The to go to (in an emergency only) fire arm

Assault Rifes: You want accurate firearms to shoot in the head. Fire quicker in their skulls than a pistol, but make much more noise.

Shotguns: ONE OF THE DUMBEST WEAPONS EVER! (for a zombie invasion) when you fire a shotgun you have a large safe area in front of you. Problem is every zombie on the block heard that and you WILL reload eventually! Shotguns are not known for their reload speed. The shotgun would probably be more effective if you just bash them with it.

(Sniper) Rifles: I'm not saying you're getting your hands on a .50 cal, but let's just say for sake of argument the most accurate hunting rifle is your sniper. Easy shots to the head. Reloading can be a bit of a bitch. They can be pretty loud. It's for long range and usually you aren't worried about the zombie 50 meters away from you so this can be a bit useless.

So yes blunt weapons are the best bet.

Also for fire weapons no flaming zombies is NOT good for your health! Same for electric weapons since electricity tends to have the ability to actually reanimate corpses! So lets not reanimate the reanimated!

Oh and nopony ever bring up a goddamn CHAINSAW in this thread as a good weapon! Congratulations! You've found the only melee weapon that makes a UBER FUCKTON of noise and has to be reloaded!

• Brohoof 1

Zombie survival 101

Stealth is key. I know in a lot of modern horror movies and videogames don't teach you this (they just wanna get to the blood and guts). Zombies still have their hearing and smell senses (to some degree). Guns cause a FUCKTON (accurate measurement) of noise! It's always a good idea to use blunt weapons first. Sharp weapons can be used to, but make sure what you use can hack of an arm versus poke an eye out. Stabbing them is useless, breaking their bones so they can no longer walk or cutting off the arm entirely is key! Also bash their skulls in. This (usually kills zombies).

Firearms are for EMERGENCIES ONLY!

Pistols (handguns): They're small and quite handy aim for the head! The to go to (in an emergency only) fire arm

Assault Rifes: You want accurate firearms to shoot in the head. Fire quicker in their skulls than a pistol, but make much more noise.

Shotguns: ONE OF THE DUMBEST WEAPONS EVER! (for a zombie invasion) when you fire a shotgun you have a large safe area in front of you. Problem is every zombie on the block heard that and you WILL reload eventually! Shotguns are not known for their reload speed. The shotgun would probably be more effective if you just bash them with it.

(Sniper) Rifles: I'm not saying you're getting your hands on a .50 cal, but let's just say for sake of argument the most accurate hunting rifle is your sniper. Easy shots to the head. Reloading can be a bit of a bitch. They can be pretty loud. It's for long range and usually you aren't worried about the zombie 50 meters away from you so this can be a bit useless.

So yes blunt weapons are the best bet.

Also for fire weapons no flaming zombies is NOT good for your health! Same for electric weapons since electricity tends to have the ability to actually reanimate corpses! So lets not reanimate the reanimated!

Oh and nopony ever bring up a goddamn CHAINSAW in this thread as a good weapon! Congratulations! You've found the only melee weapon that makes a UBER FUCKTON of noise and has to be reloaded!

I love you so much.

Can you be my father, as you are the only other pony who knows his zombie's 101 :D

• Brohoof 1

I love you so much.

Can you be my father, as you are the only other pony who knows his zombie's 101 :D

Sure? Although I'd have to ask how I managed to father a Half Pony Half Robot....

You know what just write that off as a rhetorical question. I REALLY don't wanna know... :blink:

Snipers would be pretty useless against a zombie unless you have a large caliber rifle or you can always get the head.

You're supposed to shoot them in the head anyway...

So do nuclear weapons harm zombies? Other than the initial incinerating blast?

Yes as they would be DISENTERGRATED.

What's you favorite kind of zombies? (like from a game, movie, etc.)

Mine would be L4D2 zombies or The Flood from Halo (if they count)

Hmm... any zombie that just stumbles around slowly I suppose.

I do not like how video games depict zombies. They either make them sprint around like maniacs or have strange mutations. My reasoning why Zombie games have the fast zombies is because they don't want to make the game too easy! (Same with mutations) But Zombies don't have to be Roadrunners or the Incredible Hulk's Cousin to be difficult. What should make zombies difficult is (I'll say it a million more times if the world will catch on) is NUMBERS! Unfortunately with modern videogames demanding pristine graphics and huge physics engines the game has no room to render the MASSIVE numbers of zombies needed to make a good game. Imagine a zombie game where you face thousands of slow walking zombies at once. Obviously the game would need great stealth elements and a great focus on melee combat and treat firearms like VERY LOUD and dangerous Power Weapons!

But alas no company will make my dreamed Zombie Stealth Based Game :blush: