Right-handed, Left-handed, Ambidextrous

ARagY

Which hand do you use?  

83 users have voted

1. 1. Which hand do you use?

• Left
    • Right
    • Both

Right handed, sometimes I wish I was left handed.

Well being left handed sounds like quite the advantage in competative gaming.....

Those clickety clicks.

Hardly an advantage. Changing key bindings can be a real pain in the ass sometimes, and most games default to WASD as movement controls, which is rather awkward to reach with your right hand. The rare times I actually played League I had my mouse on the right just because rebinding the keys was a bitch and confusing as hell when people only refer to attacks as Q, W, E, or R and you've got those keys rebound.

As you may have guessed, I'm a lefty. I like being a lefty, because in fencing it actually does give one a slight edge...but in my current club we've got so many lefties it hardly matters. My right hand is only used for cutting or 'dumb' actions, like carrying stuff. Ironically I tend to carry heavy stuff in my right hand, so I can use my left to open doors and handle keys and stuff. I should probably learn to do some other stuff right-handed as well though, so I won't be utterly screwed if my left hand gets hurt for whatever reason.

• Brohoof 1

Hardly an advantage. Changing key bindings can be a real pain in the ass sometimes, and most games default to WASD as movement controls, which is rather awkward to reach with your right hand. The rare times I actually played League I had my mouse on the right just because rebinding the keys was a bitch and confusing as hell when people only refer to attacks as Q, W, E, or R and you've got those keys rebound.

As you may have guessed, I'm a lefty. I like being a lefty, because in fencing it actually does give one a slight edge...but in my current club we've got so many lefties it hardly matters. My right hand is only used for cutting or 'dumb' actions, like carrying stuff. Ironically I tend to carry heavy stuff in my right hand, so I can use my left to open doors and handle keys and stuff. I should probably learn to do some other stuff right-handed as well though, so I won't be utterly screwed if my left hand gets hurt for whatever reason.

More on how left-handedness sucks, most products are not made for left-handers. My mouse, for example. And you know what aggravates it more? Getting a left-handed working space with a right-handed literally-everything-else. The primary reason I don't use my left hand to play games is because my environment and layouts are usually right handed, and it is a huge pain in the ass to change it. If it was really easy I might actually do it

More on how left-handedness sucks, most products are not made for left-handers. My mouse, for example. And you know what aggravates it more? Getting a left-handed working space with a right-handed literally-everything-else. The primary reason I don't use my left hand to play games is because my environment and layouts are usually right handed, and it is a huge pain in the ass to change it. If it was really easy I might actually do it

I actually specifically bought a symmetrical mouse for both my desktop and my laptop, a Raze Taipan for the desktop and a Razer Abyssus for the laptop, just so I could move them to the right if I had to, or allow other people to use my computers. But yeah, a lot of things in the world are made for right-handers. One of my pairs of scissors as well. I'm used to holding them awkwardly, but still.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...