Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do Bronies like Plushies?

Sporemane

Because its as close to meeting a pony from the show as they'll ever get without drugs or dreaming.

Plus some of them are very well made, especially comissioned works that aren't mass produced.

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 11

I honestly think it's possibly stemmed through people's attachments to the characters in the show.

Fans who, before watching the show, wouldn't ever dream of going out and buying plushies, are buying these ones as they bear as close a resemblance to coming into contact with the actual characters from the show as humanly possible, so offer them comfort in a way that many other things can't.

It probably sounds like a horrible generalisation saying it like that, and I know plenty of people don't buy them for that reason, but it's one of the main ones I've settled with at this point :)

• Brohoof 1

I think it shares a lot of the appeal of fan art, or art in general, only it's more 'real.' :) for some it's something they can actually look or touch, or bring with them. Makes a world of difference.

Plus they often just look amazing.

• Brohoof 1

I don't personally own a MLP plushie but I have seen them and I have seen very small cheaper ones too.

I tell myself I will only ever buy one if It of a one of the stallions like Shining Armour or Big Mac. Probably have to have one comissioned if I every seriously want one. XD

• Brohoof 1

While I may not own any plushies, I personally like them from all sorts of things; Gravity Falls, MLP, etc. It's really the same reason as you would want a figure; just something nice to display, or at least that's for me.

Plus they work really well for cute things, so there's that.

I've always had a preference for plushies over dolls or action figures. I have a build-a-bear fluttershy and a knock-off luna (Season 1 style) and I find them super comforting to hug at night and if I'm busy in my room with work they make it less lonely.

• Brohoof 1

A lot of very great answers! I understand now, why some people like plushies. I never knew someone older than a child would like a stuff toy. Now I know why. Thank you all for your answers, they really cleared up some confusion I had.

• Brohoof 1

a9d5_headcrab_plush_v2.jpg

Because you can scare the shit out of someone with it. 

Oh wait, you meant MLP plusies?  :derp: 

The ones licensed by Hasbro are kinda meh, but the fan-made ones are awesome. The dedication and craftsmanship is the best part.  :D 

In case you're wondering, yes, I do have one of those headcrab plushies.

• Brohoof 3

Because they are FRIKKEN ADORABLE!

Before I was a bronette, I only had one plushie (A large floppy bunny rabbit, that I named Lucy although she looks enough like angel maybe I should change her name?). Now I have a bunch: A tiny Rarity. Medium sized Vinyl Scratch and Fluttershy. Build a bear Celestia and Vinyl Scratch. They look nice in my bedroom, and make it feel more comfy.

A lot of very great answers! I understand now, why some people like plushies. I never knew someone older than a child would like a stuff toy. Now I know why. Thank you all for your answers, they really cleared up some confusion I had.

There are some adults interested in the money in them too. Some regular plushie now can be worth a fortune years from now, like how old G1 mlp stuff is worth alot. XD

• Brohoof 1