Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP movie is definitely going to be moved.

TheAnimatorOfficial

With Star Wars 8 coming out in December 2017, there's no way Hasbro will keep the MLP movie's date at November 3, 2017.

That's an entire month. If the movie is running good for 5 or 6 weeks, then that's all Hasbro really needs and if they move it, they have to probably move it for an entire year, because they can't show it in Summer.

• Brohoof 5

As someone else already pointed out, that's a whole month. The big movie that shares a release date w/ the MLP movie is the third Thor movie, but to be honest, I'm definitely going to watch the MLP movie that day, since out of all the movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I've never really cared about the Thor movies.

The MLP movie doesn't stand a chance against Star Wars, but as Mesme already said, it's a good month and a half apart so it should be perfectly safe

• Brohoof 2

Also remember that whilst a good chunk of MLP fans are older than the target audience, there is still a big enough audience of the younger fans who may not yet be old enough to watch or understand Star wars or some of us (please don't kill me :P) that just don't like Star wars enough to care about a new movie, or for that matter any of the old ones.

Also remember that whilst a good chunk of MLP fans are older than the target audience, there is still a big enough audience of the younger fans who may not yet be old enough to watch or understand Star wars or some of us (please don't kill me :P) that just don't like Star wars enough to care about a new movie, or for that matter any of the old ones.

I think thats entirely reasonable, only old people who suffer those old-person favoritism-to-how-they-did-things would have an issue with it, or the vocal minority major fanboys.

I think thats entirely reasonable, only old people who suffer those old-person favoritism-to-how-they-did-things would have an issue with it, or the vocal minority major fanboys.

I am certain that one of my physics teachers has a grudge on me now along with half the college I go to because I said that I don't like Star Wars, it is a maths and science college which basically explains everything :P

I'm not really worried about Star Wars Episode VII affecting how the MLP movie does because it's over a month away. What I am worried about is Thor Ragnarok. I don't expect Hasbro to move it because Thor was already scheduled to be released then when the MLP release date was announced, but if they do decide to move it because of it, then I won't be against it.

and where exactly did you hear nov 3 2017 would be the mlp movie release date?

Not sure if this is where he heard it, but this article says it.

https://variety.com/2015/film/news/my-little-pony-movie-release-date-1201642503/

I am not really worried about this very much.

For starters it has one month before the next Star Wars is in theaters, so it at least has a few weeks without having to worry about it.

Plus seeing how big the fanbase is and how FIM has done well enough as a brand in order to warrant a theatrical movie, I don't think it is going to totally bomb.

I am confident enough to say that it won't need to be moved to a later date.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

Well, let's take into account we are still over a year and half over the release, so said date it's an estimate, it's still subject to change regardless. But if said date becomes reality, I doubt Star Wars will be any real competition to colorful horses, as it releases over a month after pony movie. Thor Ragnarok however, might probe quite problematic for our favorite horses, as it releases, at the moment, the same day as MLP movie 

As someone else already pointed out, that's a whole month. The big movie that shares a release date w/ the MLP movie is the third Thor movie, but to be honest, I'm definitely going to watch the MLP movie that day, since out of all the movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I've never really cared about the Thor movies.

I love the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies including the Thor films, but let's be honest the magic of friendship takes precedence over Thor any day. 

Edited by Rarity Is Best Pony
  • Brohoof 3

Well, it's a month (and perhaps a bit more ) apart, so who knows. If they do move it, it'll probably be pushed back in 2018. Dammit Star Wars, stop crushing all other movies. :P

As others have pointed out, the release dates are a month and a half apart. That's plenty of time in between, so pony has a good chance.

Plus, it's not like I'm going to avoid seeing one movie just because another good one is coming out. I can easily see Pony, Thor, and Star Wars each. And I'm sure others will, too.

I feel like saying the MLP movie will be moved because a month before SW8 is too close, is like saying all sports should stop airing for 4 weeks before, and after, the superbowl.

I don't even like sports.

It's just kind of silly when you think about it.
Even if they released on the same day, people can always see more than one movie. Maybe they prebought SW8 tickets, and don't get to see it opening night, so they go to the MLP movie instead? Or something. :derp:

Imagine Discord vs. Thor. Thor would have no chance.

Imagine Discord throwing even more crossover references in the mix...

"Oh, you have a hammer." Discord smiled. "Well, I have a screwdriver. Look, it's even sonic. It makes a sound when you do this." Then Discord raps it lightly against Thor's noggin.