Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Anime fan club

Na11

Do I have to get into the whole Fate shebang first? Or can I just watch it by itself? Made the mistake of watching last season's Danganronpa arcs without finishing the second game...

Oh my, that sucks when it happens! Fate is definitely something I recommend watching from the very beginning. It has some very important tidbits early on, which will cause everything else to make sense. :)

• Brohoof 1

Boruto: Naruto the Movie... This movie was actually...pretty good! I wasn't so sure going into it- as I thought the concept of writing totally new characters would end up being awkward. I think the movie turned out really well! I think that it captured the struggles with Boruto and his father perfectly and really made me think that they took something that could be a real life scenario and executed it excellently.

I really really liked the Boruto movie as well. Most other Naruto films have, in my opinion, been trash so it was nice to see something good for a change. I like the animation, I like the pacing, I like the story and characters. Unlike The Last, this film felt more like Naruto. Anyway.. As usual with me, I find it easier to talk about what I didn't like so I'll just bring up a couple of things I'd like to mention.

Boruto looks way too much like Naruto and I don't like his name. It seems kind of cheap to me that Naruto's son would look exactly like him and have pretty much the same name. The only difference is that he has another haircut and different clothes. Meh. I would have preferred if Boruto didn't have Naruto's whisker marks, possibly a slightly different face (at least so it's not identical to Naruto) and a voice that isn't just Naruto's voice. Same goes with some of the other kids, they look like clones of their parents lol.

I am not sure how I feel about Naruto...

...not being at his Daughter's birthday party. I don't feel like that is him. Naruto thinks friends and family is the most important thing there is but still he can't even be with his daughter on her bday? Sure he has Hokage work but come on, it's not like the village is under attack or anything. Shikamaru can deal with that shit. Those who don't do their jobs are scum, but those who abandon their kids on their birthdays are even worse than scum!

I think this movie didn't get enough time to do what it wanted to do. I feel like the attack of

Momoshiki was rushed and not explained very well. Not only that, it seemed like he wasn't very tough to take down. Since the movie only was 90 minutes there wasn't enough time for the fighting scenes.. which is kind of a shame cause it made him look weak.

Also

Gotta love Mitsuki. I called that he was the son of mr snake the moment I saw him.

Now we'll just have to wait for a million fillers before we get the epilogue chapter into anime episodes.

Gonna revive this and see if it can be revived...

What's everyone watching this season? Any hidden gems? Or are we just gonna praise the existence of Keijo for a solid 3 months?

Well one:  Keijo is awesome!   Never thought I would like that kind anime but its funny and for using just butts and boobs,  has some good fight moments! ^_^

Hidden Jems to Look for:

Flip Flappers

Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari

BUNGOU STRAY DOGS 2 (Watch Season one, its worth it) :proud:

Natsume Yuujinchou Go (Once more, watching the first 4 seasons is so worth it!) :D

I watched the final fight between Naruto and Sasuke. While it was very cool (and satisfying) to see, I felt that it was just...lacking something. I'm not sure what, though. It just felt like it was a bit too similar to the first, original fight. But overall, it was oretty well executed and well animated! 

#TeamNaruto

I've been watching Days and.... Keijo lmao. Days is really good for an anime about sports, probably biased because I was the weakling on the soccer team in high school, but I think it has a nice blend of sports action and comedy. Keijo is well.... interesting. I'll keep watching just for the fun of it but i don't think too highly of it right now. 

Oh good god, Yuri on Ice is so fucking good so far. Visuals, music and story so far are fantastic. Just look at the opening

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently watching Okusama ga Seitokaichou!, it's an ecchi anime about a girl from school moving in to a guy's house.

And I gotta say, if you love ecchi anime with girls that are cute af and if .. you know ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), you gotta check this one out. Well, if you're okay with the fact that the story of this show is pretty much non-existent and the whole show is the characters interacting with each other in various situations... But that's pretty much most ecchi animes anyway.. Even with the lack of a plot and explanation for anything that's going on for that matter, this is already one of my favorite ecchi shows simply because of the comedy, the characters and how they deal with the... lewd scenes. The episodes are also just 8 mins long. There's some OVAs too and a season 2 which I recently started watching.

tumblr_nsbk2uZsfv1s4qvrdo1_500.gif

I tried to find a gif with the MC but I literally couldn't find one that wasn't nsfw, lol.

This show is not a hentai, but it's rated R+ so there's the occasional boob flash and it's nsfw.

Yuri on Ice is so fucking good so far.

When I first heard of that show I thought it was something completely different... dontjudge

I just completed Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works. I was pleasantly surprised. The story and overall concept is unique and very interesting. I ended up really enjoying this anime and I would recommend it to anyone who is into fantasy and don't mind an excessive amount of gore. 

(Lance is best slave)

• 1 month later...

Just rewatched Yuru Yuri for like the 3rd time... Is it bad that I have a crush on a 14 year old animated girl? :s

sig-4746999.xyWM9.gif

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Ahhh, the new Ao No Exorcist season is so fucking good. I really hope they make it 2 cour so that we get another 12 episodes.

On that note, what are people watching atm? Currently Im keeping up to date with:

Ao No Exorcist

Yowamushi Pedal

Tales of Zestiria  X

Fuuka has been nice to watch and fun along with Masamune Kun no Revenge this winter season!  Minus Yuri on ice took over my life for like 3 weeks and 3 rewatchings later! 

my top favourites like Oreimo

It hasn't aired yet, but the author of Oreimo made this similar story about a brother that finds out that his little sister is a perverted otaku who draws hentai. My cup of tea, in other words! Best of all is that ClariS, who made the songs for Oreimo, will also make the songs for this anime.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/32901/Eromanga-sensei

Promo vid:

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
On 2016-08-17 at 11:14 AM, Miles said:

It's interesting that it took me this long to find this thread. I have watched a stupid amount of anime in less than one year: nearly 41 days worth of anime, from 230 titles (of course that includes second seasons and some OVAs). 

Here's my profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Triton_330
Here's my list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Triton_330 

(For those who TL;DR - here is my favorites list):

6dfb205c09.jpg

Random Pics:

Reveal hidden contents

d37c6eac65.jpg
5e269bdfb8.jpg
4a7af7faa1.jpgcbff19f2d9.jpg

~ Miles

Bump.

---

@CheeryFox hey old friend... Yeah, that's me. Forgot my password after 6 years of inactivity. Hope you appreciate this not technically a rule break but frowned upon bumping.

On 2023-10-03 at 2:47 AM, zerox said:

Anyone here enjoy watching yugioh duel monsters? 

I never watched it but I do love the new pokemon anime :please:

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-10-03 at 5:47 AM, zerox said:

I always loved watching the Yu-Gi-Oh duel monsters anime. I only saw up to all of Duel Monsters, GX and 5D's. Saw up to all of the first season of Zexal, before I fell out of the anime. I still really enjoyed the anime and card game.

8 hours ago, Tao said:

I never watched it but I do love the new pokemon anime :please:

I haven't had a chance to watch the new Pokemon Horizons anime. I do love the Pokemon anime and I'm planning to check out Horizons. Is it worth the watch?

On 2023-10-03 at 5:47 AM, zerox said:

YUGIOOOOOOOOOOH.

1 hour ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I always loved watching the Yu-Gi-Oh duel monsters anime. I only saw up to all of Duel Monsters, GX and 5D's. Saw up to all of the first season of Zexal, before I fell out of the anime. I still really enjoyed the anime and card game.

Me too, the original being my favorite (I also have all the mangas for this one), but GX was also soooooo good. Yugioh on bikes was alright, but I never saw the later ones.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Hadrien said:

YUGIOOOOOOOOOOH.

Me too, the original being my favorite (I also have all the mangas for this one), but GX was also soooooo good. Yugioh on bikes was alright, but I never saw the later ones.

The original had some really awesome moments, in my opinion. I always loved the dub from GX and I loved using the Elemental Heroes in the card game. 5D's is my favorite as I always loved Synchro monsters and the Synchro summoning mechanic. :) 

1 minute ago, Dynamo Pad said:

The original had some really awesome moments, in my opinion. I always loved the dub from GX and I loved using the Elemental Heroes in the card game. 5D's is my favorite as I always loved Synchro monsters and the Synchro summoning mechanic. :) 

Elemental Heroes were the best. So much combination, so much potential, so much support. I enjoyed the Synchro mechanic, but I felt the monsters you were getting weren't as flashy as the Elemental Heroes, beside Stardust Dragon ofc. What's your favorite Hero to play ? What about your favorite Synchro ?

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Hadrien said:

Elemental Heroes were the best. So much combination, so much potential, so much support. I enjoyed the Synchro mechanic, but I felt the monsters you were getting weren't as flashy as the Elemental Heroes, beside Stardust Dragon ofc. What's your favorite Hero to play ? What about your favorite Synchro ?

There's so many combinations for Elemental Heroes that you never know what you might get. Especially the Masked Heroes when using Mask Change or even the Contact Fusion with Neon. I can understand what you mean when it comes to Synchro Monsters, but I guess it depends on the deck or the monster that you want to Synchro Summon.

For Elemental Heroes, it's a bit difficult to say. Too many favorites, but I always liked The Shining and Absolute Zero. I would also say Flame Wingman as I remember pulling him in one pack that I got from my parents during Christmas many years ago.

For Synchro Monsters? It's definitely Stardust Dragon. I loved the evolutions that he went through and I always loved it when Yusei summoned him. The design, the ability, and so much more made Stardust grow on me.

How about you? 

19 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

There's so many combinations for Elemental Heroes that you never know what you might get. Especially the Masked Heroes when using Mask Change or even the Contact Fusion with Neon. I can understand what you mean when it comes to Synchro Monsters, but I guess it depends on the deck or the monster that you want to Synchro Summon.

For Elemental Heroes, it's a bit difficult to say. Too many favorites, but I always liked The Shining and Absolute Zero. I would also say Flame Wingman as I remember pulling him in one pack that I got from my parents during Christmas many years ago.

For Synchro Monsters? It's definitely Stardust Dragon. I loved the evolutions that he went through and I always loved it when Yusei summoned him. The design, the ability, and so much more made Stardust grow on me.

How about you? 

My two favorite heroes would be Shining Flare Wingman and Tempest. I just love their design, combining multiple heroes together, and their effect.

As for synchro, Junk Warrior is my favorite summon and archetype to play in. And I loved the idea behind Yusei having to build this strong card from the junkyard, it fits well thematically within the anime. He also looks soooo cool hahahah.

Outside of those, I really liked playing with the Noble and Infernoble Knights, love me some Arthurian and Charlemagne mythos (and it helps that one of the character has the same name as me irl :mlp_yeehaa:). I also played a bit of Master Duel, and my favorite deck there is Dragon Maid.

Edited by Hadrien
  • Excited 1

9 minutes ago, Hadrien said:

My two favorite heroes would be Shining Flare Wingman and Tempest. I just love their design, combining multiple heroes together, and their effect.

As for synchro, Junk Warrior is my favorite summon and archetype to play in. And I loved the idea behind Yusei having to build this strong card from the junkyard, it fits well thematically within the anime. He also looks soooo cool hahahah.

I remember feeling so hyped when seeing Shining Flare Wingman appearing in the anime. The way his summon occurred and his ability were insane! The way to bring all for elements to summon Electrum was also pretty cool.

I almost forgot about Junk Warrior. He holds a special place in my heart, as well. Especially when I got the Starter Deck. The design is really cool and seeing him in the anime for the first time felt really hyped, in my opinion. Even the Synchro Monsters that Team Unicorn had were pretty cool. Thunder Unicorn, Voltic Bicorn and Lightning Tricorn were really cool designs and how they are sort of evolved forms of each other. ^_^ 

• Brohoof 1