Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Anime fan club

Na11

Yass, become one of us! :D  if you ever need any anime suggestions I can totally recommend some worth your time!

Oh I'm absolutely open to any and all suggestions. Though I tend to prefer slightly old ones since I like having them on DVD or Bluray to watch on my TV. I don't like watching things one episode every week or every few weeks and whatnot. Watching an episode a day is fine since it's of my own volition but I can watch more if I get into it. :P

I'm no amateur at anime though. Been watching it and reading manga for many, many years. Just not at the rate as I play my games. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Not big on anime, but do like some anime, watch alot of anime, some I enjoyed. I like Gurren Laggan, Steins' Gate, Persona 4, and Hetaila. My anime wafiu are Akame and Chelsea from Akame Ga Kill. I like Chi (from Chi's Sweet Home) & One Punch man/Sitama & Menchi (From Execl Saga).

Anime I can't stand that made me depress will be Tigar & Bunny & Watamote. Fooly Cooly freak me out. Characters I disike Ume Shiraume (Ben-To), Blue Rose (Tiger & Bunny), & Agnes Joubert (Tiger & Bunny) & Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

No way m8. You like One Piece? :D

My current avatar and username both represent one of the most powerful and influential characters in One Piece both to the story as a whole. He is one of the 4 Yonkou and is Luffy's personal hero/role model. Without giving away too much, after the timeskip is when things really get interesting.

• Brohoof 1

Without giving away too much, after the timeskip is when things really get interesting.

I've seen some clips. It looks pretty good. I'm at the part where Luffy is about to push Crocodile's shit in.

He is one of the 4 Yonkou and is Luffy's personal hero/role model.

Like Gildarts is to Natsu in Fairy Tail. Is Gildarts a straight rip off (shout out is nicer) of Shanks? Aside from what I just mentioned, the two look almost completely identical lol.

Oh I'm absolutely open to any and all suggestions. Though I tend to prefer slightly old ones since I like having them on DVD or Bluray to watch on my TV. I don't like watching things one episode every week or every few weeks and whatnot. Watching an episode a day is fine since it's of my own volition but I can watch more if I get into it. :P

I'm no amateur at anime though. Been watching it and reading manga for many, many years. Just not at the rate as I play my games. :wub:

These are some my personal favorites, which I believe are available on DVD but I'm not too sure. ;0;

Tokyo Ghoul (gory, action, creepy)

Haikyuu!! (happy, funny, intense)

Black Butler (literally everything)

Future Diary (survival game, yandere, really good)

Death note (Light vs L. That's pretty much it)

Noragami (gods, evil, yukine needs to chill)

Beyond the Boundary (kinda hard to explain, beautiful animation, wonderful characters, I cried a lot)

Erased (Murder mystery, super suspenseful)

Akame ga Kill (a little silly, really bloody)

Owari no Seraph (vampires, super sad, blood)

These are some my personal favorites, which I believe are available on DVD but I'm not too sure. ;0;

Tokyo Ghoul (gory, action, creepy)

I almost picked this up at Walmart but realized I could get it cheaper on Amazon. :P

My coworker got me interested. This and Akame Ga Kill look a lot alike and both have my interest for sure.

Black Butler (literally everything)

Read a couple volumes into the manga. Sebastian is the best. :D

I really should watch it all the way through one of these days.

Future Diary (survival game, yandere, really good)

Also on my list. I'm not super into yandere but this and Higurashi (which I've watched about ten episodes of) seem really interesting.

Death note (Light vs L. That's pretty much it)

Read the manga. I didn't hate the second half as much like most seemed to but it didn't go anywhere in the direction I thought it would.

The rest I've not heard of, at least not by those names. I tend to know anime better by their English names. Japanese titles sound like mumblyjumbly to me most of the time. :P

---

I wanna get more darker anime. My Amazon recommendations tend to be more comedy and lighthearted ones because I'm always buying more of that type thanks to the same recommendations. I need to get it out of that unfortunate loop. I like lighthearted anime but I need to branch out more.

I think the most serious anime I have is Darker Than Black. Maybe Cowboy Bebop or Blue Gender. Beyond that most of what I own is RomComs and whatnot.

• Brohoof 1

I finished Mekakucity Actors! The ending was really sweet, and I loved the music in the series. I don't really know what to watch next though. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking RE:Zero, since I've seen it everywhere lately.

@@Discordian,

I'm the same way. I've mostly watch romcoms and SoL animes. But, I do have a recommendation. ^_^ Danganronpa is a really good series. It's a murder mystery that does have blood (it's pink); however, it can get a bit cheesy at times, especially the first one. I do know it is on DVD. I think it's called Danganronpa: The Animation. It is also a game, so people tend to start with the anime and end up getting the games.

Personally, I've never seen the first anime, since I discovered the games first. I'd recommend watching it though to start out the series.

@@Midnight Starfall,

I have actually heard that Danganronpa is really good, both the games and anime. Definitely on the list.

Recommended anime: Rumbling Hearts. A little long but one of the few where I thought the main character made the right choice in the end. If you want more feels: Wolf's Rain. Final episode had me bawling.

• Brohoof 1

Hue, I absolutely love anime myself. Though I haven't watched a whole lot, and (recently) I haven't really decided to watch any at all, some are practically my favorite storyline from anything period. Kill la Kill was mostly about the silliness and how it didn't really take itself seriously which I rEALLY liked (and fucking Nui Harime's one of my favorite villains), Attack on Titan's pretty good, albeit slow (but if you like slow-paced shows, you'll enjoy this one pretty well. Main character is nothing but a wimp and the anime doesn't try to change that), there's Fate Zero (I haven't gotten to watch the rest of the series aaa-), and... my personal favorite, Madoka Magica. Probably the best anime I've seen, and sadly it's rather short, which makes me sorta sad xD

Main character is nothing but a wimp and the anime doesn't try to change that)

I've found that this is an unfortunately common thing in anime. Main characters who are weak, stupid or taking the place of someone else who should be the main.

Just finished watching the latest Love Live! Sunshine episode! I'm liking it so far, I really hope it will reach a point in which Aqours realize they gotta be themselves rather than the new u's. And I want these new Saint Snow to be mean as hell, like pure evil!

• Brohoof 2

Best evil organization in anime? The Akatsuki.

They're pretty cool but

I don't like traitors. I dislike both Nagato and Itatchi.

and I think I like Hotel Moscow from Black Lagoon or Millenium from Hellsing Ultimate a bit more. At least they manage to succeed in what they're doing.

Also, Team Rocket anyone?

I'll probably consider Oreimo...because Kirino memes got me into it.

I love oreimo. I really don't see why, but a lot of people hate Kirino for some reason. Apparently they think she is too bitchy but it all makes sense to me why she behaves like she does. She's my favorite character in the series, actually. Also, if you do watch it, please take this advice: Stop watching after you've seen Season 2 Episode 13. Oreimo is famous for having a shitty ending, the Author of the manga couldn't have the end like he wanted to because the publishers refused to put it in the anime. No matter what your hopes are, the ending will fuck you over. So unless you want to leave the show with a bad taste in your mouth, trust me.

I just finished watching Nichijou. And now my face is stuck in a smiling gesture from how cute it was.

ikr, Nichijou is super cute :P The show reminds me of Azumanga Daioh

Did anyone end up watching My Hero Academia ? It was so good!

I thought it was decent :) Good animation and I liked the intro song

Plus ultra!

Just finished watching the latest Love Live! Sunshine episode! I'm liking it so far

I want to see Love Live but I need to finish iDOLM@STER first.

I actually bought Love Live on dvd recently at an anime convention ^_^

post-1052-0-98139900-1471279167_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Going to continue Jojo's Bizarre Adventure soon. On the second part. ^^

Any other recommendations of ones I don't know about would be cool. c: 

• Brohoof 1

Going to continue Jojo's Bizarre Adventure soon. On the second part. ^^

Any other recommendations of ones I don't know about would be cool. c: 

One of my favs of all are these two:

Kemono no Souja Erin

Seirei no Moribito

The story and art are just stunning and gets me every time, it is a slow paced anime but over all it just adds to the plot if watch the whole thing from start to end.

• Brohoof 1

I like action types the most, at least those are what I watch the most. Like DBZ/ HunterXHunter types.

Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple. :D

Although if you can, read the manga. The anime ends right before the manga got good.

• Brohoof 1

I recently started watching One Punch Man, I have been keeping up with it on Toonami. Overpowered heroes is nothing new, but I like the unique direction they are going with it, here is an ordinary person named Saitima who trained himself into de facto godhood but has grown bored because he feels like he dosen't have a challenge anymore. Mix in interesting villains who still can barely even touch him, a cyborg named Genos who fits the stereotypical qualities of a hero much more than Saitima wanting to be his apprentice due to a desire to get stronger and you have a show with some promise.