Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Anime fan club

Na11

I like Anime, but mostly just typical famous stuff like Case Closed and One Piece.

But the thing is, that i havent watched any Anime in years, so i probably cant talk about any Anime at the moment. XD

But yeah, im also a Fan of Anime.

Has anyone watched both Aquarion and Aquarion EVOL? I still need to finish Aquarion but I'm hoping EVOL is better. Aquarion is a bit...repetitive and awkward.

I'm watching My Hero Academia and I'm loving it. C:

I plan to watch this one soon. After One Punch Man it seems like the next logical step.

I like Anime, but mostly just typical famous stuff like Case Closed and One Piece.

But the thing is, that i havent watched any Anime in years, so i probably cant talk about any Anime at the moment. XD

But yeah, im also a Fan of Anime.

One should always watch at least one anime they've never heard of every once in awhile imo. You could find something surprisingly good.

• Brohoof 1

Recently, animes are quite....bad. But hey, then again, Hollywood is so much more dry! Somehow though I kinda appreciate some of the latest animes. Idk mixed feelings.

Last anime i watched:

Presenting...... Power Cringers!

Raider Xechs

I recently finished Angel Beats! and couldn't keep myself together at the end from the feels overload. :P

The next show I started is Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya (a magical girl anime) and so far, it's good! The pacing starts out slow, but picks up after the second episode. :)

Finally catching back up with Log Horizon, which is basically .hack meets Spice of Wolf in that it focuses more on the social and economical aspects of being trapped in an MMO instead of the fighting, though there is just enough of that like several episodes worth of a massive dungeon raid.

Speaking of Spice and Wolf, I'm watching that too, but I find it odd that the main character spends most of the episode dealing with the eponymous wolf, a harvest spirit named Holo who takes the form of a woman with wolf ears and a tail, and doesn't seem to bat and eye at the fact that she completely naked right for most of it. He doesn't even appear flustered when he finds her sleeping in his cart.  

I just watched Erased which is about this 29 year old man with the ability to travel back in time whenever something dangerous is about to happen near him, he used his abilities to save the occasional life. His powers go into overdrive and send him 18 years in the past after his mother was murdered after she figured out who was really behind this string of kidnappings and murders that happened 18 years ago. The main character is trying to prevent these kidnappings and murder along with the murder of his mother and figure out who is responsible.

I've only seen one full series of anime, which was Fate: Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works and my god was it amazing, the visuals and everything O.O

I finished that not too long ago, regular Fat Stay Night is also good it and Unlimited Blade Works are two different paths and endings to the same story. The best fate series though is Fate Zero which is a prequel to them.

• 4 weeks later...

Ahh, Alderamin ended. I hope it ends up with a second season but I doubt it'll happen. Anyone else been watching it too?

I used to watch it... A LOT. Not that much interest anymore, but I still do watch it occasionally, if I happen to like the series a lot.

Here's my top 20 though: (copied from steam, no clue what happened to it).

1. Fullmetal Alchemist 
2. Steins;Gate 
3. Death Note/Black Butler 
4. GTO 
5. Shingeki No Kyojin 
6. Shiki 
7. Another 
9. Serial Experiments Lain 
10. Isshuukan Friends 
11. Gantz 
12. Sword Art Online 
13. Code Geass 
14. No Game No Life 
15. Tokyo Majin 
16. Black Lagoon 
17. Blue Exorcist 
18. Spirited Away 
19. Clannad 
20. Soul Eater. 

Edited by Guest

One good thing about is fall is the new anime seasons and one I WANT  to see and love is: Fifth season of Natsume Yuujinchou and along with Bungou Stray Dogs.

So, I have never actually watched a real anime... only series like Avatar: The Last Airbender and Voltron: Legendary Defender that have a similar art style. I hear a lot about ones like Attack On Titan, Sword Art Online, and Cowboy Bebop, as well as all the Dragon Ball series. But there are so many other options that I really don't know where to start. Does anybody here have any recommendations for my first anime? :)

So, I have never actually watched a real anime... only series like Avatar: The Last Airbender and Voltron: Legendary Defender that have a similar art style. I hear a lot about ones like Attack On Titan, Sword Art Online, and Cowboy Bebop, as well as all the Dragon Ball series. But there are so many other options that I really don't know where to start. Does anybody here have any recommendations for my first anime? :)

You can't necessarily go wrong with the popular ones despite what other people might tell you. Do you have a genre you like? Action, Fantasy, Comedy, etc.,? It might help people give you better recommendations. 

Edited by joanro

Final episodes of Naruto Shippuden are airing soon. This means the final fight between Naruto and Sasuke. Now, I already know how the fight ends and everything in between, but I am so excited to see it in the actual anime! As a huge fan of this series, I am sad, yet hyped to see the end of it. 

• Brohoof 2

For those who watched the Evangelion movies ( the rebuild ones obviously), Utada Hikaru (the woman who sang the end credits song for the third movie) released the following video using some unused scenes from the movie. Always fucking adored the song and the art style of the movies. Possible movie spoilers btw, so watch with caution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Jo_pPObvo

I move me some Utada Hikaru if anything when it comes to my fav Japanese female singer!   I've found myself hooked on Dragon Ball Super given they are hitting up a good Trunks saga!   I've come to like a lot of the Japanese voices just Goku at times makes my ears bleeding in some ways. 

So, I have never actually watched a real anime... I hear a lot about ones like Attack On Titan, Sword Art Online, and Cowboy Bebop, as well as all the Dragon Ball series. But there are so many other options that I really don't know where to start. Does anybody here have any recommendations for my first anime? :)

Depends on what genres you are interested in but I say start off with a couple of shorter shows instead of long ones such as Naruto, Dragon Ball, One Piece etc. This will give you a better view of what kind of shows there are out there so you'll find what you enjoy the most quicker instead of just focusing on one show for a billion episodes. I'm not saying this applies to everyone, but a lot of people who start out their anime experience with a 500+ episode show like these tend to become rather narrow minded and not very interested in trying out new stuff.

Another thing to keep in mind if you're new to anime is to not pick shows that requires you to have a some knowledge about Japan. There are many anime series out there that base their jokes on cultural stuff. This includes shows like Gintama, the Monogatari series, Azumanga Daioh, Joshiraku etc.

Here are six shows I'd recommend:

Toradora

https://myanimelist.net/anime/4224/Toradora

Drama/Comedy about a boy and a girl who help each other to get the person they're interested in to like them. A funny yet touching show of 25 eps.

sig-4685923.large.gif

Black Lagoon

https://myanimelist.net/anime/889/Black_Lagoon

Action about a company of "pirates" doing various jobs for money. 29 total episodes.

sig-4685923.Tumblr_mxv4vkCaZ51rkha9wo1_5

Attack on Titan Attack of the Titans

https://myanimelist.net/anime/16498/Shingeki_no_Kyojin

Fantasy/Action about a city that tries to defend itself against attacking giants or "Tiatans". 30 total episodes.

sig-4685923.attack-on-titan-1.gif

No Game No Life

https://myanimelist.net/anime/19815/No_Game_No_Life

Fantasy/Comedy about two siblings who are so good at video games they get transported to another world. 12 eps and a movie that will come out (hopefully) next year.

sig-4685923.tumblr_n4r9bggzrr1siovcwo1_5

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu

https://myanimelist.net/anime/6347/Baka_to_Test_to_Shoukanjuu

Comedy about.. well this show doesn't have much of a story but it follows a coupe of students in a special kind of school while they do stupid things. It's a very fast-paced show with silly humor. Very funny, one of the funniest shows I've seen. 42 total episodes.

sig-4685923.tumblr_mmco9ePyxN1r922azo1_5

Sakamoto desu ga?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/32542/Sakamoto_desu_ga

Another comedy with a more ...elegant style. This show is not as fast paced as the one above. It's about this new student, Sakamoto, being classy. And that's pretty much it. Nothing in this show really makes any sense at all, just sit back and enjoy some Swagamoto. 13 eps.

sig-4685923.good-morning-sakamoto.gif

• Brohoof 1

So I have decided to make time to sit back and watch all of the Naruto and Naruto Shippuden movies. I have already seen Boruto: Naruto the MovieThe Last: Naruto the MovieRoad to Ninja: Naruto the Movie, and Naruto Shippuden the Movie: Bonds. I can't wait to see the rest!

Since I am here, I might as well give my thoughts on Boruto: Naruto the Movie...

This movie was actually...pretty good! I wasn't so sure going into it- as I thought the concept of writing totally new characters would end up being awkward. I think the movie turned out really well! I think that it captured the struggles with Boruto and his father perfectly and really made me think that they took something that could be a real life scenario and executed it excellently. 

On one last note... I love the moment when Naruto initially finds out that Boruto was using the machine to use his jutsu. It reminded me of that old drug P.S.A where the son is like "I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU!"

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My watching activity has fluctuated in the past couple of months, but I'm about half way through the fourth season of Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya. It's got some great funny parts, but good heavens, the things that the main characters (who are only about 10) have to go through are quite intense. In a sense, they have to grow up pretty quick in order to meet all of the demands that they are placed under, but I still like how they still keep many of the mannerisms and tendencies of children their age. In all essence, Fate is a magical girl anime that encompasses all responsibilities and consequences of having special abilities. The first couple of episodes of the show made me think it was mostly all cutesy and that it had no true plot...boy was I wrong! The character development could still be a bit more dynamic, but I'm not complaining too much. :)

I'd recommend this show to anyone who enjoys supernatural/psychological genres and loves mythology, but doesn't mind dark elements at times. ^^

My watching activity has fluctuated in the past couple of months, but I'm about half way through the fourth season of Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya. It's got some great funny parts, but good heavens, the things that the main characters (who are only about 10) have to go through are quite intense. In a sense, they have to grow up pretty quick in order to meet all of the demands that they are placed under, but I still like how they still keep many of the mannerisms and tendencies of children their age. In all essence, Fate is a magical girl anime that encompasses all responsibilities and consequences of having special abilities. The first couple of episodes of the show made me think it was mostly all cutesy and that it had no true plot...boy was I wrong! The character development could still be a bit more dynamic, but I'm not complaining too much. :)

I'd recommend this show to anyone who enjoys supernatural/psychological genres and loves mythology, but doesn't mind dark elements at times. ^^

Do I have to get into the whole Fate shebang first? Or can I just watch it by itself? Made the mistake of watching last season's Danganronpa arcs without finishing the second game...