Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Longest play session of a SINGLE game!

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

We as gamers, we love gaming. That makes sense. Sometimes there is a game that will just keep us playing for hours and hours and hours and What time is it? That happens. There are games that make play for huuuuge amounts of time and in just one play session! This will be the thread for that! 

What are some of your longest play sessions for a single game? You can post multiple instances if you want. :)

I can't remember many right now but I do remember playing Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX for the PS1 for about 11 hours straight. That was brutal, beat all of the campaigns in that one session. 

Dave_Mirra_Freestyle_BMX_Coverart.png

• Brohoof 3

Well, I remember doing a Minecraft build with a mate which was 10 hours straight of pure working  :lol: That was pretty great, but not nearly my longest...

When Halo 5 released, I was able to play for a solid 21 hours before I took a break to sleep  :comeatus: That was the greatest session of my entire life, never had so much fun with my friends  :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

I don't remember any time I played for an abnormally long time, but now I will create one.

Lost Odyssey.

4 discs.

One game.

One session.

Let's get it.

Edit: did some research prior to actually doing this. Looks like I'm about to have an 80 hour gaming session.

Edited by SugarfootWillie
  • Brohoof 2

Well I don't have any play sessions any longer than like 7 or so hours. I think my longest was Fallout 3 I fell in love with the game when I first bought it and once played it for about 7 hours straight. 

But My friend once played 14 hours of Starbound in one day

He also plays Warframe for 5 hours or longer at a time almost daily  

I also recall when another friend of mine spent 9 hours on Garry's mod 

Edited by Zantetsuken

I don't really know. I do remember when I first played Animal Crossing GCN I rented it, and thus didn't get a memory card to save the town on - I must have started the town somewhere around 9 in the morning. We could not go buy me a memory card until after 6PM when my dad came home from work. I remember, I played it through at least 5 pm. Lol.

Unfortunately, that memory card that I got that day was an off-brand, and it corrupted only a month or two later, and I lost that town. I was obsessed with that game, and it made me bawl like I had lost a pet or something. Lol. (To be fair, it was a family experience, and once that town corrupted, that changed for the worst)

Edited by Envy

When I get a new game, I tend to focus solely on that, but even then my average play time in one sitting is 6-7 hours at the very most. I think the longest single sitting was 9-10 hours of playing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, which I managed to beat over the course of a single weekend. 

I don't remember any time I played for an abnormally long time, but now I will create one.

Lost Odyssey.

4 discs.

One game.

One session.

Let's get it.

Edit: did some research prior to actually doing this. Looks like I'm about to have an 80 hour gaming session.

Let us know if you're still alive by the end.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

Longest session I've ever done was probably Oblivion which I played fourteen hours straight. When I stopped it was 7 AM the next day and I was like "Damn." and collapsed in my bed.

• Brohoof 1

My longest play session was probably my attempt to beat the SNES version of Jurassic Park back in the day.  This was done out of necessity more than anything else, as it is basically an RPG with no save function.  My session was ended when I got stuck inside a wall on that stupid boat.  I honestly don't think they playtested this thing properly because of how long you have to go in one sitting to beat it.

I don't think it's really anything to be proud of, but when I have the time, I'll usually play csgo around 10 hours a day.....maybe some days I might take a break and only play for about 5 hours.

The division beta: First day: 15 hours straight. All 3 days: 41 hours!

• Brohoof 1

Borderlands 1: 26 hours with me and my friend at college. I remember by the end of it were basically zombies and I was like "We should probably go to bed at some point..." and he responded with a low grunt.

I think I played Runescape for something like 14 hours straight once. I also played Pokemon Emerald for 8 hours straight (gotta love road trips). Other games like Fallout I have a ton of hours in, but I never play for more than an hour or two straight because they crash.

Edited by Ra1nbowCrasH

Literally played the entirety of Luigi's Mansion in one sitting, for about a good 12 hours

I know what i must do next friday night, you the real MVP. Friggin' Boos hidin' in shit all the time though........

Mine would probably have to be a good 10-12 hours straight of either fallout 3 or skyrim when i used to no life those 2 games, as far as multiplayer games go, i've had some battlefield sessions for like 4 hours and i'd only end up maybe playing 5 matches but by the end of that i'm actually exhausted by the end, those tend to get intense. 

• Brohoof 2

When FE Fates came out I played it from 10 AM to 9 at night, so 11 hours? I had to reset a lot so I didn't even make it too far.

First time playing Fallout 3. It was also the first time I'd played an RPG of its ilk. 18 hours straight for three days.

I regularly play for 10 hours straight when I'm really into a game though.

Longest I can recall was about 20+ hours in ARMA 2. I lost count around 17ish for obvious reasons, 5 hour energy was the only thing keeping me going(Despise the things now days). Quite stupid now that I look back on it though, my mind gets even funkier than most when I get sleep deprived. Classes prevent me from ever achieving such a session again, not that I would really want to in regards to the health strain/risk(With the usage of stimulants and lack of nutrition).

My longest single gaming session was probably on EVE Online a few years ago. I played from when I got up around 3 PM, to 6 AM when I normally went to bed, but then right as I was about to go to bed I learned that my alliance was about to run a massive fleet op, so I unwisely decided to stay up and run that with them. By the time that ended, I think it was around 2:00, so that was about 23 hours.

Never doing that again.  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

With multiplayer games it's really easy to get lost in the game and speed up time. I'm pretty sure I've had some 24 hour sessions, if not, then pretty close.

Games I've likely played a 24 hour session with:

Any battlefield game

Fable 3, but i'm pretty sure that was around 12 hours

Any assassin's creed, I get lost in the story from the start and normally finish the whole game in ONE SESSION and goof off for a while

Possibly Runescape, but I'm pretty sure my tolerance for mmo's is like 12 hours

Last but not least:

MINECRAFT

I have played 48 HOUR SESSIONS with minecraft in ONE SERVER (multiple times)

How do I still have brain cells

Edit: what am I talking about, I didn't list assassin's creed because of the multiplayer. For this one in the list I guess what I said in the beginning doesn't count .3.

Edited by @lpha

I used to play Forza 4 for, like, 10 hours a day. It was really sad. 

The most exhausting gaming session I've had, however, is a tie between the 3 hour mini Le Mans race I did in Forza 5 and the time I completed an entire playthrough of Dark Souls II in a single 8 hour session. Fucking brutal.