Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the longest you have played games in one go?

Reecejackox

What is the longest you have played games in one go?

I've never timed it but I play my wrestling games for hours because I have nearly unlimited combinations of matches and wrestlers to play with. 

• Brohoof 2

World of Warcraft, I once played for 36 hrs straight, unfortunately it's not an exaggeration...

And being entirely truthful, this happened many more times than once.. lol

Edited by KingCorvus
  • Brohoof 1

Several sessions of RuneScape were 12+ hours with the longest being around 18 hours (though most of it was semi-afk). The longest session of a game I played where I was completely focused was of Halo 2 (while doing SLASO Gravemind), around 14 hours. Absolute nightmare. One session of Skyrim was around 12 hours.

My personal favorite was the Bladder of Steel achievement in Rock Band 2 (complete all songs without pausing or failing), about 6 hours of drumming on expert. I've also done a few other practicing sessions in Rock Band 3 & 4 that were about that long.

Edited by Starset Twinkle
  • Brohoof 3

I once played Gran Turismo 4 for a little over 24 hours straight. There's a Nurburgring 24 hour endurance race that can be completed in as little as 8 hours with the B-spec AI mode. But I wanted to do it more "properly" by completing the race in real time, by myself, without ever accelerating the elapsed time. So this was exhausting. I can't believe I wasn't delirious by the end of it. I won, but I'm never doing that again. 

• Brohoof 2

I played Final Fantasy XII for five hours straight once, nothing special considering how long some of those hunts can take. Final Fantasy X, however, I'm pretty sure there were times where I literally played that game for the entire day from morning to evening doing the Monster Arena sidequest. I would also play the Crash Bandicoot games for hours on end back in the day trying to beat them and get full completion in them as fast as possible. 

• Brohoof 2

I stayed up for two days playing Stardew valley. Took breaks throughout the day. But the longest session was probably 4 hours. Also did the same thing with the remastered mass effect trilogy.

And yes I do know it was a terrible idea ^_^

I never checked an exact time but I know I have played the main series Pokémon games for hours on end.

• Brohoof 2

Back in my teen years I stayed up until about 5am trying to beat the original Castlevania.

I eventually managed it, I’d still say it’s the hardest game I’ve ever beaten.

Edited by Sonic Shimmer
  • Brohoof 1

There's lot of it for me, but the first thoughts that came to mind~

Terraria - I had an around 25+ hour-long session with my brother online. We played like, since morning, to the next morning in one go. :P

MegaMan Legends 2 (PS1) - beat the entire game in one sitting (around 18 hours - started in the morning, finished in the evening)

And there would be lots of games and lots of times I had 10+ hour-long sessions, esp. when it comes to playing with siblings. ;P

3 hours ago, Starset Twinkle said:

If you played that in a row you must be ascended to video game heaven >.<

It's uhh.. a love hate relationship :eager:

• Brohoof 1