Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Main character that gets fewest complaints from fandom?

cider float

Gotta go with Pinkie Pie. Outside of a range in season four (and a couple of episodes in season three), she's been usually well-received as a character from both fans and non-fans alike. Season five really helped by not screwing up her characterization at any point.

• Brohoof 2

Gotta go with Pinkie Pie. Outside of a range in season four (and a couple of episodes in season three), she's been usually well-received as a character from both fans and non-fans alike. Season five really helped by not screwing up her characterization at any point.

Definitely Pinkie Pie, out of the mane 6 at least. It seems, for the most part, opinions in the fandom have stayed more consistent with her and that usually is in the positive range. 

Gotta say though I am a little surprised that she doesn't get that much crap from the fandom.. I mean, she made Fluttershy cry by being totally insensitive in Filli vanilli. She's far from perfect.

• Brohoof 3

I also go with the Pinkster. She is usually very liked by most people. Not always the best pony for bronies, but barely really the worst.

• Brohoof 1

Gotta say though I am a little surprised that she doesn't get that much crap from the fandom.. I mean, she made Fluttershy cry by being totally insensitive in Filli vanilli. She's far from perfect.

Filli Vanilli is a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back kind of thing. Some episodes in season four really flanderized her or didn't put her in a great light, like coloring in a coloring book during a life-or-death crisis, delivering stupid answers during RTM's prologue even though Rarity flashed the tickets in front of them, and chasing after a balloon. Her creepy attitude towards 'Shy, rubbing in Big Mac's face after he lost his voice, the lack of genuine remorse, and the fact that she was so ignorant to 'Shy's anxiety damaged the episode's quality and her reputation as a likable character.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I'd say both the Earth Ponies, aside from people who think Pinkie gets annoying and some bullshit in a few episodes here and there like SSCS5K and Filli Vanilli she doesn't attract a lot of negativity, at least not as much as before. And contrary to what people think, AJ never seems to get any hate aside from a few people who think she's boring every now and then, but I'd be hard pressed to find anyone who actively dislikes her.

Sure they do attract some controversy every now and then(especially Pinks) but they don't seem to get the utter venom and bile I've seen fans throw at the other 4

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

I'd say Pinkie Pie and Applejack as well. Sure, Pinkie Pie has some douchey moments but in general she's the one that usually gets positive reception from the fandom, and Applejack, sure there have been people who just say she's boring but I haven't really met much people who actually dislike or hate her.

• Brohoof 6

I'm going with Sweetie Belle. Not to many complaints I can think of people tossing around for her. 

I have to disagree here. Back when the show was still new, she and the other CMCs were widely despised for being obnoxious, one-dimensional child stereotypes who drank water full of stupid salt. So many bronies list The Show Stoppers as one of the show's worst episodes for many reasons, but the CMCs' characterization is one of them. After Sisterhooves Social, people's opinions of the CMCs, especially SB, began to change.

Applejack. The closest I've seen to complaints regarding AJ is that she is boring, but otherwise, I see a lot of love for her. It also helps that AJ is the most calm and most confident pony of the main six characters.

• Brohoof 4

It's quite odd that the least popular pony race (Earth Ponies) gets the fewest complaints from us. Pinkie and AJ get far less complaints of the mane 6, and Applebloom (at least to me) draws the least attention of the CMC. 

I don't know why this is to be honest. I guess Earth Ponies are the best in this regard :pinkie:  :smug:  :catface:

I have to disagree here. Back when the show was still new, she and the other CMCs were widely despised for being obnoxious, one-dimensional child stereotypes who drank water full of stupid salt. So many bronies list The Show Stoppers as one of the show's worst episodes for many reasons, but the CMCs' characterization is one of them. After Sisterhooves Social, people's opinions of the CMCs, especially SB, began to change.

Yeah but that's more criticism toward the group as a whole rather than directed at one specific pony, and as such I don't count it.  By the same token, I should include criticism of The Mane 6 as a whole toward the individuals of said group. Not to say the criticism is invalid though, it's just I put it into a different category. 

• Brohoof 2

I would have to say Applejack.

At worst she is considered boring and given apathy by the fanbase, or is sadly overshadowed by a background pony.

Which not the best treatment, considering how some characters like Rarity have gotten in the past, or the whole Twilicorn fiasco, it sure as heck looks like it by comparison.

(edited)

I don't know where all of you have been looking, but Applejack still gets called a background pony, and people constantly complain about "no good AppleJack episodes".

Pinkie definitely wins. Almost all her actions get written off because of her 4th wall breaking capabilities.

Edited by AppleJack_Wack
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Spike. That guy is great, just loved by everyone I know. He's so popular that the writers can only give him a select few episodes per season because otherwise everyone would forget about the Mane 6.

Yes, occasionally you may hear the odd ramblings of an insane, uneducated lout bemoaning things like 'Disappointed once again', 'So stupid' and 'Get rid of him!' but I assure you these are not 'complaints' in the meaningful sense of the word. :smug:

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IMAGE IS EXTREMELY POPULAR AND WELL LIKED BY THE FANDOM

post-30550-0-11269000-1457399544_thumb.png

Edited by Roughshod

Spike. That guy is great, just loved by everyone I know. He's so popular that the writers can only give him a select few episodes per season because otherwise everyone would forget about the Mane 6.

Yes, occasionally you may hear the odd ramblings of an insane, uneducated lout bemoaning things like 'Disappointed once again', 'So stupid' and 'Get rid of him!' but I assure you these are not 'complaints' in the meaningful sense of the word. :smug:

I don't know, people don't like how Spike is so trivialized. 

124.png

--------------------------

As for my answer, Gotta hand it to Pinkie Pie

mlp___chibi_pinkie_pie_by_haydee-d68kvu0

Who could rag on that pony? Nobody I say! 

• Brohoof 2

I'd say either Pinkie Pie or Applejack. Pinkie Pie seems to be loved by nearly everyone (not that I mind, I like the party horse myself~), while Applejack seems to be treated with more indifference than complains. Ya know, the whole "AJ is a background pony" and all. :P

(edited)

And don't forget Spike gets all the mares and stallions ;). He's also one of the few who get along with Big Mac during Hoofball. I don't now if Spike does more activities with him.

Never heard complains about Pinkie Pie :ooh:.

Edited by Limeblossom