Okay, who's Starlight's hair stylist?!

Luminance

Starlight's hair  

43 users have voted

1. 1. What do you like?

• New Starlight
    • Equality Starlight

Did the mane 6 treated Starlight to a new hair makeover after her reformation? or was it Rarity saying that "evil villain hair" was so last season!

What do think of Starlight's new look? Do you hate it? Love it? Or just plain meh...

To me it's a solid 6/10. Her old look is just more original.

New Starlight

post-37469-0-54468100-1458517082_thumb.jpg

Equality Starlight

post-37469-0-16556600-1458517205_thumb.jpg

Edited by MiataPony

I don't know why they had to change the hairstyle. It's not that the new hairstyle looks BAD, it's just really distracting because of the old hairstyle that we're used to. Oh well.

The new style is quite fabulous. It looks far more appealing to me. To me, it is better this way as it kinda goes with her starting anew. Something about the old style always threw me off. This new one is actually cute. 

• Brohoof 3

I think the new style is just more visually interesting. Also, is it just me, or is she just overall more colorful than in her first appearance? I mean, not only are the colors of her mane more vibrant, but her coat looks visibly pinker somehow.

• Brohoof 2

In the new clips, I kept thinking how much she looked like Rarity. I couldn't get over it. Visually I like how her hair looks more now, but all I can see is a slightly more purple Rarity.

Well if she was still like she was before I'd be wondering about the sudden hair change, but it makes sense and its not like her appearance was drastically changed. It can be changed back if necessary and it gives her a new look without having to overhaul her design, that's just my thought on it however. :muffins: I think it looks good if you ask me.

Edited by ElectronicGamerBrony

If I was able to get used to Sunset Shimmer's Friendship Games redesign and actually like it, I will be able to get used to Starlight's new mane style.

Plus in the OP the images in which she is presented makes the new mane look better than the old one.

So I guess I at least kind of like it.

I heart her new manecut. She also has bigger eyelashes. I thought equalmane was great too....but I do like the change.

On a side note, I still don't like Sunset's new outfit.

Love the new style. Starlight has moved on from her broken philosophy and needs to learn the true Magic of Friendship. Like Sunset's new wardrobe, Starlight's mane shows growth without directly telling the audience. Subtle, but works.

BTW, Glimhorse's new style makes her look really cute and adorkable. We need more adorkable!Glimhorse fanart! <3

• Brohoof 2

It seems more casual, which makes sense because she's not a villain anymore. I don't know what my opinion is yet...maybe I'll like it once I get used to it.

Absolutely loving Starlight's new hairstyle! I bet you Rarity had a say in styling her hair  :D. Much like everyone else, Glim Glim's subtle change in appearance is like Sunsets wardrobe change in Friendship Games. 

New hairstyle to start her new life as Twilights 1st pupil learning the magic of Friendship  ^_^

In the new clips, I kept thinking how much she looked like Rarity. I couldn't get over it. Visually I like how her hair looks more now, but all I can see is a slightly more purple Rarity.

Maybe they did it so the mold of rarity matches for starlight toys..we all know how cheap hasbro is

Edited by BlinkZ
  • Brohoof 3

I quite like the new mane. It differentiates her from her former self, kind of like when Sunset Shimmer had a new outfit for Friendship Games.

by that logic, lets change all the mane 6's hairstyles. They're nothing like their season 1 selves

Her new mane is really pretty. I like both, but the new one takes the cake. I wonder if this style is temporary or a permanent change.

by that logic, lets change all the mane 6's hairstyles. They're nothing like their season 1 selves

You're missing his point. Unlike the Mane Six, Starlight and Sunset were villains. A change in how they look meant shedding away their past villain identities in favor of their current ones. Starlight was no longer a villain, so she changed her mane and tail, notably her = around her horn. Sunset's villain wardrobe had a major "bad girl" edge, so she replaced it with something more casual.

• Brohoof 2