Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread The state of the Brony fandom (Numbers, Popularly, Future)

Skar

Actually, there's a very unique and different explanation for Spongebob,.

The creator wanted to end it. The movie was meant the be the shows grand finale but Nick wouldn't retire the property. It's not a matter of the show getting stale, it's a matter of the creative teams heart not being in it anymore because that did all they could and the company told them to do more anyway.

This is a show where there's tons more stories to be told because they've created a rich and colorful world full of interesting character and mythology.   

Okay, bad example but the point remains - the longer this goes on, the more and more you risk fracturing your fanbase. FiM runs a real risk of that same success destroying itself, and it'll only get worse before it gets better.

Tons more stories to be told? Definitely. Should they be told? We're probably going to be debating that point until the end of time.

Hi there @@Mr. Critical. Your thread seems to be very similar in purpose and content to an older thread, being about the fate of the brony fandom, so the two have been merged.

(edited)

Everything is dying the instant it comes into existence. Each newborn brought into the world is immediately on their way to death. Each fandom established is on the same road.

"Dying" is merely the journey to death. All things are dying, always, by the very nature of existence.

Edited by Xanatos

• 1 month later...

I was chatting with some of my friends when they started going on about how at first bronies were amusing but now we are getting whiny because we are dying out. This left me to wonder are Bronies becoming more and more scarce? After the big surge of bronies from 2010-2012 are there many NEW bronies? I know I am but I was a little late to the party ( as one of my friends put it.) 

Edited by ThouLovesRainbowdash

Yup, there are. Not as many as there were under 2012, but there has been people who joined the forums and are new to being a brony. Actually, there was one of those who joined yesterday.

• Brohoof 1

Well duh it's going to start dying out.  We're in a season hiatus.  We can't constantly pump out tons and tons of new bronies when the content isn't there for them to emerge.  For the most part new bronies are just going to be people who stumbled upon the show.  The community will start surging again Season 4 I'm fairly sure.  It's not quite down yet.

• Brohoof 5

Well...there's no new episodes at the moment. This usually happens, everyone gets pretty inactive. But, don't worry, as soon as the new season starts up, more people will become active and join the fandom.

• Brohoof 2

There are a huge number of people that are inactive until November, since when Season Four starts in November everything will go back to it's original cycle. More people will join and be active, when it arrives.

Here's the cycle, in my opinion: Season Starts + New episodes = Activity increases. Season Ends + No more new episodes = Activity delays for a while until the next Season.

• Brohoof 1

The problem is, Bronies have become more common, but at the same time, many have gotten pretty whiny (take down with molestia for example) or many aren't just really open about it.

Like anything else, the fanbase has ebbs and flows to it.  Like others have said, there is undoubtedly a lull right now due to the long stretch between seasons.  Most fans are of school or college age and they'll soon be back to their normal routines, including their regular online activities.  I suspect we'll see an upswing as season 4 approaches.  :)

• Brohoof 2

I think it's the opposite: the Brony fandom is getting worse because we're getting so big. Now everyone mainstream are becoming bronies, bringing along all their faults, hatreds, bigotry, and inability to get along.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's the opposite: the Brony fandom is getting worse because we're getting so big. Now everyone mainstream are becoming bronies, bringing along all their faults, hatreds, bigotry, and inability to get along.

I do see some corruption, but not as much as I think your saying.

Maybe because the fandom is so big, there are less people who haven't joined yet, which could be why new membership is so slow

I joined le forumz just days after I got into MLP, aka not too long ago. I can safely say I definitely wouldn't go back to how everything was before that.

I'm liking the majority of the posts before mine in the thread. I don't want this fandom to die out. It's one-of-a-kind. I'm more than happy with the idea of the fandom having a wave of enthusiasm once the new season starts. Bring it on, I say. ^_^

• Brohoof 2

Not really. It's that some fans choose to be inactive during season breaks to keep their mind off the wait. 

The problem is, Bronies have become more common, but at the same time, many have gotten pretty whiny (take down with molestia for example) or many aren't just really open about it.

Last thing I will say on that issue(well, all issues about whining really, so I can't say it's directly related to that.). I've seen this from the beginning and kept my mouth shut, but I've noticed a bias among the people that were into MLP pre-brony era to hate on us because they think it's THEIR fandom and should be run in the way they approve of. It's really something not exclusive to us either, I've seen fans of classic Doctor Who that look down on people that got into with the new show. 

It's really unfortunate that we can't all get along, and there's actually bronies that respect G1 and try to work some of it's elements into FiM's timeline via fanfic. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

, your thread was more or less like this one, which discusses the possibility that the brony fandom is on the decline. As such, I've merged them. Please consult the search feature before beginning a new thread to see if there is already one like it.

• Brohoof 1

I hate asking this to you all,but I need some clearfiction.With Livingtombstone and the voice of Doctor Whooves leaving and the final rage video out, I am starting to wouder is the broy fandom descreasing? I I could be just  blind/overeacting to all of this,but  I just need some clearification from fellow bronies. So if  you can answer the poll that would be nice.

I wouldn't say that the fandom is decreasing. Ever since Season Four for the show was announced all of the membrs of the fandom are gearing up for November 23rd other than that the fandom is fine.

Well people join and leave the fandom everyday, but that's normal in a fandom.
Take the Pokemon fandom for example, they still have a ton of fans and that show is old news...I hate the new generation though, most of them new pokemon are either creepy looking or more cute than bad ass like they used to. >.<

*sigh* 

I say it's doing great...for now at least. Imagine how the fandom will be when season 4 comes out in a few months :P

Edited by Nature Of Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

Nope Nope Nope.

It's going great! 

Sure a few big-names will leave but what does that mean to the constant flow of new guys? Nothing at all. We are in the golden-days of our Fandom with the show still producing good content and the fans doing the same we'll be growing for a long time. 

10 years we'll be forgotten by the internet and only remembered by individuals. The Fandom will still be around though.

Nah, but it seems decreased since the Twilicorn incident in comparison to the S2-S3 break, but that may also because the wait has been longer and so I'm noticing it more this time. But if people DO want to leave the fandom over Twilicorn, that's their loss. I see more and more Bronies popping up everyday, even some of my friends who were very against the idea of Bronies.

Edited by Dinos4Ever
  • Brohoof 1

This fandom will NEVER die, why? Because many of us (i dare to say almost all of us) have found our place in the world, its not only for the tv show, i think its just the root of the fandom, the heart, the core, i don't want to sound like a crazy guy but now, i can't imagine my life without the fandom, a cousin of mine loves the art, music and games of MLP and he hasn't watch any episode, c'mon WE are MLP, in the corner of our mind and hearts the fandom will have the same life than internet and the media

Nah. This fandom isn't dying. I think it's going great. We get people that are new to the fandom itself from time to time, and it's rather often that this happens. Personally, I think we're one of the largest fandoms you could find. Even if it does start dying (but we know it won't) I know quite a few people, myself included, will not let that happen! ;)

The fandom is indeed still growing larger in spite of a decline of activity. I've just felt an unsettling aura of despair surrounding it since all of the "IT'S GOING DOWNHILL SINCE SEASON 2! ALICORN TWILIGHT AND EQUESTRIA GIRLS...AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!" drama. Thankfully, all that BS seems to have faded away now, so I'm hopeful that things will start becoming more positive.

• Brohoof 1