Tarnation

do you like sports  

30 users have voted

1. 1. do u like sports?

• YES!!! SPORTS IS LIFE!
    • It's ok
    • no, not really.
    • i like it because of rainbow dash
    • NO! I definetly HATE SPORTS! (dancing not included)

If I would have been asked this question back in the day, then I would say "HECK YES!"

Now It's just a past thing for me, because I became a guy who got so much interested by computers and you know sports kinda fell back progressively for me and now, I kinda don't care about 'em much anymore, either playing them or watching them.

Edited by Cosmic V0rtex

Amateur sports? Sure, I'll watch.

Professional sports? Oh HELL to the no. Professional sports make OBSCENE profits by mercilessly exploiting their fans. I don't like exploitation.

Collegiate sports are even worse, as they don't even pay their players.

• Brohoof 1

Not my cup of tea, personally. I've tried watching sports on TV with my family and playing soccer a couple times in school before and every time I realized I'd rather be watching cartoons or something. When it comes to going outside in general, I personally prefer to take walks then play sports myself.

I'm not really a sports person. During luck break at school, my friends always try to convince me to play some soccer or rugby with them, but I always decline, so I just watch them. I'm more of an introverted guy who prefers to do creative and arty stuff rather than sporty activities. :P

• Brohoof 1

Sure, I love sports; I love running around until I'm exhausted, getting the ever-loving crap kicked out of me and never scoring a point. I love getting my hair and clothes soiled beyond repair, and of course long lasting cuts and bruises that I can't cover up are always a plus. I especially enjoy being picked last for a team and jeered for my failures at after I've already expressed that I SUCK AT SPORTS!

Oh, yeah. And I wish everyone would leave Tom Brady the f*** alone. :blush:

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

I like sports, but it's something I wish I could do more of. Every now and then I'll go out swimming or do a bit of gymnastics, but I unfortunately don't ever have the time to do that sort of stuff.

I always get excited when playing a good game of dodgeball, though. That's pretty much the best sport, haha.

Edited by Odyssey

• 2 weeks later...

I suck at every sport I try, but that's okay, never found sports to be a big important part of my life. If there was one sport i'd like to try it would be swimming, seems very fun and helpful in dangerous situations involving water.

• Brohoof 1

I am not terribly interested in the vast majority of sports, but if it is on in the background, I for some reason find it relaxing to have it on like that while doing other things. The one sport I really enjoy though is GT Racing. Watching that is both exhilarating and relaxing at the same time.

(edited)

Sports are fun to play, but usually boring as hell to watch. Take golf for example, it's a lot of fun to play, you're outdoors and maybe you're hitting your driver really well or sinking all your putts. And yet it's quite possibly the most boring thing on TV on a Sunday afternoon you could watch. Not everything falls under this banner, like fishing shows can be pretty interesting and engaging with the right host, but I feel like the vast majority is this way.

Although I think I might be breaking a law as a Canadian by not giving a crap about hockey...

Edited by Celtore

Back in the day I loved to play sports.(especially baseball and dodgeball) now a days I got no one to play with . But I love to watch baseball( Yankees and dodgers fan) like to watch football( New England patriots fan) and watch a little basketball.(golden state warriors- two words: STEPHEN CURRY! Nuff said! Curry is the fricken man.)

Practically any sport is fun for me. Just the feeling of running around, feeling energetic, doing things, getting better at it, feeling proud if you're successful, and helping out your team is great. Playing sports get my mind off of stuff and it's just a great stress reliever. It's like I'm in my own little world, focused on the game and focused on doing good, instead of whatever is happening in my life. I've also made some good friends from joining sports teams so that's a huge plus for me. I play soccer and lacrosse which are two sports that I LOVE.

As for watching sports, I like watching football, baseball, and basketball. Only certain sports are fun to watch from what I've noticed.

• Brohoof 2

I prefer watching sports over playing them. I'll put on a hockey game out of boredom and enjoy it even if my team, the Blackhawks aren't playing.

However, I hate having to play sports. I grew up having bad anger issues losing so I never liked having to play sports in gym class. I would always find any contrived way to get out of it. Like this one time last year my gym class was playing kickball outside, so I just casually snuck up and sat on a hill and watched and the teacher never noticed.

I'm getting of topic anyway.

I LOVE base/softball. I'm a softball player in the Special Olympics and I play second base. My coach, who I actually have a form of friendship with, told me that I'm the best second baseman they've had, and I'm only a rookie.

I don't like watching them. I'd rather play myself.

The catch is that I don't much care to play sports either so it's just not something I pay any sort of attention to.

I'm actually pretty proud of the fact that I can shut an entire conversation down by telling people I don't watch football and couldn't name a single player. It happens all the time at work. People are like "YO DID YOU WATCH THAT GAME" and I tell them nope. Never will either. They tend to become completely silent. :D

Yes, yes, yes - I love sports. I've been playing tennis for the past 7 years now and it's great fun, especially when it is warm outside. Free tan, meeting new people and working out, is there anything more to life?  :proud: