Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has MLP Gave You An Interest In Horses?

VeroxVitrus

(Do not know if Sugarcube corner is the right place for this, mods, use your modly powers to solve this problem if it's not) 

As the question says, have you ever had a keen interest in riding/looking after a horse because of MLP. Has the program made you think of taking up equestrian as a hobby?

Personally it has on me. I'm trying really hard to learn how to ride horses and if possible i'll try to enter races or shows when I'm good enough. I have to master the fundamentals first before I can try to learn more advanced types of riding (like cantering and galloping)

Same apply's for Ponies...

• Brohoof 2

(Do not know if Sugarcube corner is the right place for this, mods, use your modly powers to solve this problem if it's not) 

As the question says, have you ever had a keen interest in riding/looking after a horse because of MLP. Has the program made you think of taking up equestrian as a hobby?

Personally it has on me. I'm trying really hard to learn how to ride horses and if possible i'll try to enter races or shows when I'm good enough. I have to master the fundamentals first before I can try to learn more advanced types of riding (like cantering and galloping)

Same apply's for Ponies...

Yes, yes it has. And I'm actually taking the horsemanship merit badge at Boy Scout camp this year too.

I would still gladly try horse meat if the opportunity ever comes up. I'm also still inclined to stay indoors rather than have anything to do with outsidey stuff as before I watched the show.

In short: Nope.

Nah, they stink, and it's easier to survive a touhou with no continues than avoiding their shit, not to mention this:

yawning-horse.jpg  :eww:  :eww:  :eww:  :eww:  :eww: 

In short, I've never been fond of horses, and MLP didn't change that  >_>

• Brohoof 1

Um, no. Not in the slightest. I worked on a farm long before FiM existed, and I helped care for horses. It wasn't fun. Aside from the work being tedious, there was just horse crap everywhere. No, I do not care for horses.

• Brohoof 1

When I was growing up out in the Irish Hills (god, feels like a lifetime ago...) I had the pleasure of petting, and feeding sugar cubes to a group of horses that occupied a field just behind our house.  And Steve Piranha makes me think of the smell of farms as we passed by them, I might be weird, but I never found the smell disgusting - nowadays, I'd rather smell that any day than the 'mighty' Rouge River, the farm smell, if nothing else, symbolized work, agriculture, and to a degree sovereignty.  Dear Infinite, I gotta get back to the country... any Michiganders in the country looking for a roommate?  :D

Not really, but it has reminded me that horses are majestic creatures.

aLBSeZM.png

Majestic as fuck.

I'm also pretty sure that MLP is responsible for the rise of the HOERS mask.

51NhtW9exnL._SX355_.jpg

I want one.

• Brohoof 4

I've always liked horses and Shetland Ponies have always been adorable. The only thing MLP made me realise is how many horses there are where I live. Something like 50 or so and one farm breeds them as I've seen a good 6 or 7 of them with foals :)

I was already taking riding lessons and whatnot a couple years before I got into MLP. So it was pretty much the other way around in my case, as my love of horses was what convinced me to get a Rainbow Dash Build-a-Bear. I was originally just into the fact that they're ponies.

• Brohoof 1

sig-4567583.51NhtW9exnL._SX355_.jpg

I want one.

We once put one of those on our small dog and it was a moving horse head :lol:

Anyway, not really. MLP has made me think that horses are about 20% cooler than before I was a brony, and I do think that horseback rising sounds fun. Other than that, not too interested in horses. The best horse related experience I've had other than MLP was some Barbie horse game on our xBox, but that was when I was a toddler when I played that.

I was interested in real horses long before MLP.  I've always loved them, and I rode for a good long while, but actually grew apathetic and jaded after awhile, mostly because my relationships with those public lesson horses felt very one sided.  I loved them, but they never gave me the slightest affection.  Perhaps it's different if you have your own horse and give them lots of personal attention, but public lesson horses are pretty indifferent creatures, and it was a strain on my emotions.  Plus, I had an internal dilemma surrounding the ethics of public stables.  Those pens are nowhere near big enough for those poor creatures, and I'm not convinced they are at all happy with what they do.  So, I stopped riding.  I still love horses, though.  But I don't want the responsibility of caring for one myself.  Add to that the fact that they eat liquid gold.  (I.e. they're ridiculously expensive to feed and keep.)  No, I'm much more interested in a being that can love me back in the same way I love them.  (I.e. a human.)

(edited)

I've always had an interest in horses. My grandfather was a horse rancher and my grandmother grew up on a farm, so its only natural I'd gravitate towards FiM.

I would still gladly try horse meat if the opportunity ever comes up. I'm also still inclined to stay indoors rather than have anything to do with outsidey stuff as before I watched the show.

In short: Nope.

Spoiler alert: horse meat tastes like a cross between lean beef and venison, only sweeter.

Edited by Silvestra Spooner

I've been familiar with horses before even knowing about FiM, but it actually hasn't. Horses are indeed beautiful animals but I've always found them quite scary for some reason. Might be their size and strength that intimidates me so. It was even worse back then when I was merely a fourth-grader. Welp, it's probably for the better that I'll just stick with the littler ones.

sig-4567583.51NhtW9exnL._SX355_.jpg

I want one.

This just reminded me about that we have one of these somewhere!  :D  I could just go and have fun wearing it. Might make some interesting photos. 

I have loved horses since I was a child the Arabian horse being my favorite horse breed I have ridden horses and cared for them I have thought about becoming an equine vet for years now, but don't have the money for the schooling.