Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If a portal opened up to Equestria do you think we'd invade?

Azureth

the main question is where the portal will open up at on earth pending on the government.

USA: Lickly
Erupoe: unlickly
Asia: a cover up will happen
Africa:.....I don't see it going well for them
Middel east:Lickly

(edited)

What on Earth do you take us for?

I am not a fan of how humans conduct things, and I have seen in mine own eyes how greedy this species is. So yeah... What do I take humans for? Greedy, petty, child-like beings who will grab any foothold they can in the name of almighty profit. Sorry, but if money is on the line, this horrible species will do anything to make it. Increase the minimum wage so people can afford to live when working full time? NO! that would be a handout! Not enslaving and murdering trillions of sentient beings a year? NO! People like the byproducts of that too much and pay money for it!

Sorry, but humans are not a very impressive lot.

Edited by Sapphire Lightning

There's no way we should invade Equestria, especially if we got NUTSY-COO-COO POLITICIANS!!!

Read what I said above. Also, "NUTSY-COO-COO POLITICIANS!!!" is the reason WHY invasion would happen...

Read what I said above. Also, "NUTSY-COO-COO POLITICIANS!!!" is the reason WHY invasion would happen...

Not unless all us bronies and pegasisters stand strong and defend Equestria as a team

Not unless all us bronies and pegasisters stand strong and defend Equestria as a team

The question posed by the OP was based on reality. So NO, we wouldn't stand a chance. Humans will enslave billions every year and eat their rotting corpses, so guess what, profit and whim wins.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The question posed by the OP was based on reality. So NO, we wouldn't stand a chance. Humans will enslave billions every year and eat their rotting corpses, so guess what, profit and whim wins.

But they lose their heart and soul so basically we win that war. no reply needed now

Edited by IsraelYabuki

Reply done regrardless:

Your response makes no sense.

Humans will do what it takes to take take take. I know you want to think otherwise, but it isn't how this species works. And yes, a reply is VERY much needed. I do not agree with it, but it is how humans would do things in this situation.

For sure humans would!  With all the lumber and fresh water in Equestria any nation to capture those resources would gain a large amount of power.  All that farm land too, if the war is not a total genocide then the remains can be used for farm labor which would help the economy greatly.  All the gold and gems would also make said nation a fortune.

On the other hand, since Ponies speak English a diplomatic solution is also very probable since at first humans would not know how powerful the Ponies are and going to war right away could be a horrible risk for humanity in general.  

I would say at first humans would be friendly but after seeing how defenseless the Ponies are and how much resources are in Equestria then plans would be made for an invasion/takeover.

Well, surely you should all know how important it is for us to invade....I mean liberate Equestria and bring some freedom! We have what amounts to a continent ruled by a selective small group of Princess', they obviously need freedom!!

Wow... the misanthropy is strong with this thread.  twilightoops.png

Personally I couldn't disagree more considering the scenario.  A completely new land full of aliens with magical powers that on occasion could be described as god like?  Oh we would be spooked for sure and a military build up out of fear of what they might do would be near automatic but invasion?  Right off the bat?  Not only would such an action be monumentally stupid and most defiantly against public opinion thus by extension the priorities of any democracy but simply against the nature of the average modern human.  We would know nothing about this new land except for the fact that it's population is cute and friendly.  There are no known natural resources of significant importance such as oil, no competing nations or ideologies, no excuses and little reason beyond fear of magic to go to war and that one reason would be just as much a deterrent for war until we spent time to understand it. 

Now not to say the road would be a smooth happy ride full of rainbows and sunshine, heavens no, but war would not be the first choice of action for humanity or the United States, not without a significant catalyst. 

• Brohoof 1

I can't imagine we would right away. Contrary to popular belief, humans (or in this scenario Americans) aren't all trigger happy morons who invade everything that moves. They usually have to have a very good reason to invade. So unless Equestria posed an actual threat, then at most some official would check it out. I mean, there is still a chance of that official deciding to kidnap them for government experiments but that's a whole different monster. If that happened, then the ponies would attack.

If the ponies are weaker, we will invade sooner or later, because resources and living space. Why looking at Mars for colonization when the world of Equestria is so near?

Ponies will be the new native americans or aboriginees, if they are lucky. Safari hunters will be after their horns.

Hopefully ponies are stronger or changelings will invade earth. Locusts beating locusts. Oh the irony. Theres not much love to take from us savages, though. :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Say a portal opened up right in front of the White House do you think we'd start sending tanks, infantry, fighter jets etc. in and invade and take over? Do you think they could do anything to defend themselves?

I imagine if a portal opened in front of the white house they'd evacuate everyone in the vicinity, block off all the roads and no one would go near it and perhaps even the military will be dispatched around the area to keep watch in case anything happens

i can guarantee 100% no one would go through it because no one would know what would happen if you went through it

Edited by NotoriousSMALL
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I hope that is to protect Equestria.... And if so, I agree.

To protect Equestria yeah, but also to stop any curious dragons, manticores, chimeras, hydra's etc. from getting through as well as the Windigoes, which would undoubtedly be attracted to all the strife in the human world.

Edited by FluffyGoat13

Invade? No America wouldn't attack a country without reason of defense, same goes with most countries with powerful military. Though war is inevitable with the way some humans act. If the wrong people entered they could steal their resources, experiment on the land, wildlife, or ponies, or even hunt their wildlife, or even the ponies themselves for game, or money. If we discover the portal we must keep it hidden from those who would wish to harm their lands.

I think we would only invade if the ponies show hostility, which is very unlikely. Even with all the weapons we have, the alicorns would probably have enough magic to defeat us. Plus, if the changelings were to fight back, we wouldn't stand a chance if they have the ability to impersonate us.