Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Twilight Gotten Bulkier?

Bright Honor

Weird topic and probably pointless but idk I feel like in season six twilight sparkle has gotten a little a bulkier so to speak. Could be my eyes playing tricks on me, could be rainbow dash training who knows. Just something that caught my eye. What do you guys think?

I don't think she's gotten any bulkier :huh:. What's pretty sure is that her legs are a little slender and longer, and her neck is a bit longer too, but that's been since Equestria Girls 

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I noticed she's gotten a little taller ever since she became an alicorn. The neck and legs are slightly longer. And it's pretty obvious that her horn has also increased a bit in length as well.

• Brohoof 1

Bulkier might not be the best phrase to use in this scenario. Take a look at this side by side comparison of best adorkable pony  :-P:

lVrH9Ym.jpg

As you can see, her legs and neck have gotten significantly longer and slender. Her horn has also slightly increased in length as well. 

Could be my eyes playing tricks on me, could be rainbow dash training who knows. 

I do however like your idea of Twi training with Dash though. She probably felt self conscious of her figure knowing that she is going to be in the public eye more often. So she enlisted the help of the most athletic pony she knows to help with her physique  >_>

• Brohoof 3

I do however like your idea of Twi training with Dash though. She probably felt self conscious of her figure knowing that she is going to be in the public eye more often. So she enlisted the help of the most athletic pony she knows to help with her physique  >_>

She's supposedly joining the Wonderbolts Academy in an episode later this season :huh:?

She's supposedly joining the Wonderbolts Academy in an episode later this season :huh:?

Yeah, I heard about that from the bombardment of news from Comic-Con. It has definitely peaked my interest and caught my attention. I don't think i've been this excited for a season since waiting for season 3 to air back in 2012  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Taller yes. "Bulkier", no. She's not fatter, but she's been "Stretched" as it were to try and make her seem taller upon being an alicorn.

On that note, I wouldn't mind them altering the character designs slightly to make AJ bulkier given her abilities and role in the group.

and on a random note, I do wonder if they'll ever try and do a grand finale where twilight becomes a "Full" alicorn ala Luna and celestia with a flowing mane and more "adult" body.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 2

Uh Oh, somebody's getting older! Just imagine though, as she grows (which is at a very slow rate, like right now she's 16, and next year she remains as 16, but her friends are 17...) 

The drama that'll happen when everyone dies and she's still livin 

Though, pretty sure every alicorn faces that hahaha

Uh Oh, somebody's getting older! Just imagine though, as she grows (which is at a very slow rate, like right now she's 16, and next year she remains as 16, but her friends are 17...) 

The drama that'll happen when everyone dies and she's still livin 

Though, pretty sure every alicorn faces that hahaha

I'd put the mane six more at about 22-26ish myself. EQG be damned.

• Brohoof 3

I think it's the growing stage of going from unicorn to alicorn, although, you also have to pay close attention as to what stance she is making to fully identify that there is a change.

• Brohoof 1

I'd put the mane six more at about 22-26ish myself. EQG be damned.

Yeah, they are definitely mid-20's.  This debate has been over since Flutter Brutter.  As much as I hated that episode, I'm glad that it proved that they aren't teenagers, as Fluttershy has a younger brother who is college-age.

Bulkier might not be the best phrase to use in this scenario. Take a look at this side by side comparison of best adorkable pony  :-P:

sig-4614666.lVrH9Ym.jpg

As you can see, her legs and neck have gotten significantly longer and slender. Her horn has also slightly increased in length as well. 

That's very interesting.  I never noticed the difference, but I'm not entirely convinced that there is a difference, actually.  In that season 1 picture, she's not standing up completely straight.  In the second picture, she's stretching up straight and tall.  I think if she did that in the first picture, there might not be a difference.  It would be neat if she actually was growing.  But then again, there's been no passage of time indicated from anypony else, the CMC, for instance.  It seems a little far fetched that she's transitioning to "alicornhood", and that she will eventually look like Celestia.  It would be kinda cool if they did that, but I'm just doubting that's the case.  My prediction?  The standard mare body, including Twilight, hasn't changed shape since day 1.

It seems like this, Steven Universe, and Adventure Time are the only cartoons to actually age their characters.

I really don't think FIM does, though, unfortunately.  I would like it if they did, but there's been no evidence whatsoever to support character aging, except for this fairly tenuous theory that Twilight is growing into an alicorn form.  No other characters have aged.  All fillies and colts are still fillies and colts.  The cake babies are still babies.  I wish the characters would age.  I think that would be really neat.

That's very interesting.  I never noticed the difference, but I'm not entirely convinced that there is a difference, actually.

You can just compare her to any of the other Mane 6. Prior to Alicornification, Twilight used the same model as the rest of her friends, and the others haven't changed since then. Whenever Twilight is next to one of her friends, there's a pretty clear difference in height.

Yes, Twilight is slowly growing to look more like the other Alicorns.

I really don't think FIM does, though, unfortunately.  I would like it if they did, but there's been no evidence whatsoever to support character aging, except for this fairly tenuous theory that Twilight is growing into an alicorn form.  No other characters have aged.  All fillies and colts are still fillies and colts.  The cake babies are still babies.  I wish the characters would age.  I think that would be really neat.

Umm... What about the cmc? They are definitely aging.

• Brohoof 1

You can just compare her to any of the other Mane 6. Prior to Alicornification, Twilight used the same model as the rest of her friends, and the others haven't changed since then. Whenever Twilight is next to one of her friends, there's a pretty clear difference in height.

I will absolutely have to watch for this.

Umm... What about the cmc? They are definitely aging.

I beg to differ.  Learning and growing mentally, yes, but aging, no.  They are the same size they've always been.

I beg to differ.  Learning and growing mentally, yes, but aging, no.  They are the same size they've always been.

Not visually, but I consider getting your cutie mark and voices getting deeper aging.

• Brohoof 1

Not visually, but I consider getting your cutie mark and voices getting deeper aging.

Have their voices changed?  I will have to listen for this now and compare.  But then again, it could just be the VAs adapting how they do the voices until they're happy with them.  AJ's voice has deepened considerably, for example.  I wish that they actually would have congruous aging throughout the show so that we wouldn't need to have this debate in the first place.  I think the FIM universe would be well suited to support it.

Have their voices changed?  I will have to listen for this now and compare.  But then again, it could just be the VAs adapting how they do the voices until they're happy with them.  AJ's voice has deepened considerably, for example.  I wish that they actually would have congruous aging throughout the show so that we wouldn't need to have this debate in the first place.  I think the FIM universe would be well suited to support it.

Actually, it is not the voice actors adjusting to fit the roll. The voice actors of the CMC are actually children teenagers. There voices are getting deeper. Most shows don't higher child voice actors unless they are planning on there characters aging.