Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could one of the ponies names be a good middle name for a kid?

Azureth

So a friend of mine is having a daughter in a few months and it got me thinking. While I am sure most would agree giving your child a first name based off of a MLP would not be likely to work especially with teasing do you think having it as a middle name could?

For example my friend already has the name picked out. First name is Morgan and they have the middle name as well and of course it's obvious what the last name would be.

But say their daughter was Morgan Rarity xxx.

Could something like that work? Or even as a middle name would you still just be asking for trouble having anything MLP related as part of their name?

I don't think any of the mane 6 would make for a good middle name (unless you use Pinkie's middle name "Diane" of course  :pinkie:). I think a name like Luna or Cadence sounds nice. Zephyr (Flutter's little bro) has a nice ring to it as well. 

A lot of Fluttershy's animals have relatively "normal" names too (Angel, Constance the bird, Harry the bear). And how could I forget Rarity's beloved rock Tom  :pout:. You could probably get away with giving a child one of these for their middle name, and no one would even know that it was from MLP  :sunbutt:.   

I think the name Octavia sounds lovely and has a soothing sound to it, just like the pony.

that is so true! :P

cadance, luna, (maybe lyra...?) could work too. rarity isn't a bad name to go with though :rarity:

Well it's better than giving your kid a first name after an MLP character which is a really really really terrible idea, but I still don't think that this would be a good idea.

Well some like Lyra, Cadence, possibly Octavia and Luna, would work, others like Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and others would be more like something you would want to name a pet after, and not any part of your child's name.

• Brohoof 1

i dont know how people come up with names "normaly" but i have seen that names get really odd.... especially when its a name from famous (anything)... personaly i think giving a "nick name" would be kick a.... well, ya, but you would want to make your kids name "ring" or "flow"... ask yourself how you could have been named by your parents...(some people will be just fine with that, like me being named after metalica, or kiss!)

... sorry for the rant...lol

really any name, is a name. the weight of that name is usually on the parents. and then on society (school/job/rec)

Cadance or Cadence would sound nice. So would Lyra or Luna, and honestly I think Twilight and Rarity would be pretty middle names...

I don't know about Celestia, but Celeste is a pretty name and it's very similar.

Well if we wanna take names and parts of names too than

Cheerilee

Belle

Heartstrings ( depending on the last name)

Celestia

Luna

Minuette

Bon Bon

Lyra

Braeburn

Sombra

Coloratura ( Only for a girl and you will need to give her the frenchiest prissiest longest name ever and need a dang good fancy sounding sur name to go with it...liike...) Francoise Coloratur ( leave out the A) de la Valliere Da Belle 

Depends on what you think is a good name. Some people think Starquitisha'nita is a good name (not hating). Lyra, Sombra, Amore, Hope, and Cadence would make good names. Though it's worth naming a male's name or middle name after a My Little Pony character would prove problematic to peers, especially when his peers are immature (up until freshman year in college he'll get likely get teased.)

Depends on what you think is a good name. Some people think Starquitisha'nita is a good name (not hating). Lyra, Sombra, Amore, Hope, and Cadence would make good names. Though it's worth naming a male's name or middle name after a My Little Pony character would prove problematic to peers, especially when his peers are immature (up until freshman year in college he'll get likely get teased.)

Unless you went with "Dash" as a first name or middle name. You would be able to go with that and his friends and Peers would probably never find out.

I think a lot of names would probably work for a girl.

Luna or Rarity are really good choices but "belle" taken off Sweetie belle of course would be an amazing nick name or name in general.