Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming If Pokemon were real...

CastletonSnob

If Pokemon where real, than I would find a place safe from human-sized bugs with razorblades for arms, giant metal snakes that could crush you without a problem, girl-like monsters with giant mouths on their head, dragon land-sharks, soul-stealing lamps, and the embodiment of flying around.

Anyway, I would become a pokemon breeder/farmer, and I would catch as many types as I can, but go after ghost and dark types the most.

• Brohoof 1

Pokemon battles would be alright with me only if the Pokemon itself is willing to battle. But either way I'd catch a Gible that would be my friend. What an adorable little land shark. Eventually he would evolve into a mighty Garchomp and be a mighty friend.

Hoarding Pokemon though - that's what I wouldn't do. For some reason it only feels like an acceptable thing to do when it's done in the games.  :wacko:

I would try to catch at least a few of them and have them as friends. So I would be capturing my friends. Pretty odd to think about but it works. I personally would love to have a Gengar (My favorite of all time), A Ditto (Because he can be all Pokemon) and Slowpoke because he seems like he is always having a good time.

All gen 1's I've noticed but gen 1 is my favorite overall in terms of the Pokes.

Probably keep Eevee and every Eevee-lution to be cute pets and protect me. :P

I'm still waiting on Normal, Bug, Poison, Fighting, Ground, Rock, Flying, Dragon, and Steel Eevee-lutions.

...What is Eevee? Is it a rabbit or dog or cat or something? XD

I would try and catch them and try to go on a journey together with them. I would try and truly get to know them so eventually we can become best friends. Maybe take on gym battles and eventually enter a Pokemon league. I would try and catch some of the Eeveelutions like Espeon, Umbreon and Sylveon. I would try and catch some of the starters like Chimchar, Piplup, Fenniken and Popplio. It would also be cool to have a Goomy which would then become a cute and huggable Goodra. 

• 3 months later...

Well, think I'd get a job reporting to some Professor or another. Animals I've always had a sort of bond with & I think that'd only become stronger with real Pokemon. Considering how they quite literally have just as much intelligence as any human!

Maybe go around and attempt to get some actual facts about Pokemon, since the Pokedex seems so bare-bones when it comes to that; frequently it seems to prefer local myths & stories over anything measurable.

Like, maybe find out exactly how hot a Macargo can get. Or how some Pokemon can set up mental telepathic links with their trainers or supposedly feast on the souls of humans. We have one ghost plant that supposedly only reproduces by luring in & ambushing small children, that's HARDLY a reliable way to support a population! Even were that true, what stops them from doing that to their trainers?

Heck! Aloloa recently introduced a pocket monster capable of producing such strong pheromones that not only can they be diluted into perfumes but outright mind-control males, even humans! Can't tell me that's not something the military wouldn't  want for a peaceful, if not etchy, resolution to wars!

Information is key in a world where there's bears roaming about that can involuntarily snap your spine, paralytic ghost tongues that are solid, yet somehow still gaseous and some seemingly adorable psychic fairy that makes black holes when its really sad! Heck, if the ancient theories are right about Pokemon & Mankind being somehow related, what's the difference between us & them? Might it be prudent to see what we can do to close the gap there so we're not being eventually eaten out of planet by super-beings? Many are the mysteries of the world of Pokemon!

Like how to best pet them! And what PokePuffs taste like!!

Edit: Oh, and likely I'd be alot more lax in whether or not my Pokemon companions actually stay in their balls. More often then not, they'd be just roaming around in my general area with varying levels of ensuing hilarity & hijinx! Wonder if there's city ordinances about keeping your Tyrantum on a leash...

Edited by Widdershins

Quite simple, I'd go flying around the world on the back of a (mega) pidgeot or aerodactyl. I'd catch only flying types; flying is my favourite type because of how varied the secondary typings are. I'd also catch a skarmory, crobat, talonflame and honchkrow, but that would be it. Just enough for one team.

Edited by Celtore

Um, I would legally adopt one and treat it like family, instead of kidnapping it from the wilds against it's freedom and using it to cause violent harm to other pokemon.

I have really grown to question the ethics of pokemon as I grew older. 

Edited by Denim&Venom

I would like to get a manaphy and be my personal companion :wub:. That'll be night impossible considering it's legendary status; they ain't around at the closest patch of grass :dash: